Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Your favourite thai dish , and who makes it the best?

Leap of Faith

Totally impossible to have such a limited favorite list, just to start; 

Meang Kam

Meang Kam.jpg

Hor Mok Talay Ma-Praow

Hor Mok Talay Ma-Praow.JPG

Poo Pad Pong Karee

Poo Pad  Pong karee.jpg

Larb Bped

Larb-Bped.png

Either cooked by my lass, or at Baan Khanitha Soi 23 Sukhumvit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the 2 dishes below at @East(?) Restaurant in Bangkok many years ago. Not sure about the name but it is next to the HSBC Bank.  Unfortunately when I went back about 2 years ago I found the taste very different, probably because the original chef has left.

1)  Spicy pork rib soup, this is like tom yam made with pork ribs, cooked until it's falling off the bone.  Anyone knows where I can find this in Pattaya? 

2)  Som tam with fried egg. I haven't seen this on any other Isaan menus, the closest I've found is som tam with salted egg.

3)  Fried rice with crab meat, at a corner shop seafood bbq in Yala town.  Best fried rice in the world, no question.  I've searched for a better fried rice in Thailand, HK, China, etc., some 5-star restaurants come close but none have equaled or bettered it.  

Pattaya - There is a Somtam House about 5-6km from Sumkhumvit on Soi Siam Country Club

on the right side past the Chok Chai Open Market.  Its fairly new.  Only open a few months now.

My wife says its really good and she is from the North East so she should know.

I cant tell the difference but it tastes good to me.

I also like the Phad Tai Kai (chicken) from Kiss Cafe on Soi Siam Country Club.

+1...Both are good.

Yellow Curry second road, between soi 7 & 8 can't remember the name of restaurant

uploadfromtaptalk1442278356394.jpg

On the corner of 2nd road and new plaza Yiam restaurant.

uploadfromtaptalk1442278480579.jpg

Archived