IGNORED

Your favourite thai dish , and who makes it the best?

Leap of Faith

I love thai food. As I love hot spicy food, food without chilli is no good for me. I love the stuff. 

There are a few thai dishes that excel at giving the level of heat I enjoy the most. 

Dishes such khua kling a dry hot spicy meat dish , Lahb(larb) gai , a fresh chicken salad type dish, and a northern curry called gang pa (Jungle curry) there is no coconut in this curry, it is hot and fiery, and full of flavour .

What is your favourite dish? And which restaurant / hole in the wall / cart is the est place to buy it from ?

Making moves so i can step beyond the intellectual framework of the present day character structure

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thailand - Somtam - Lamai Beach, Koh Samui right down from the Pavillian Resort.

Can't remember the name of the place but the Somtan with chicken was delicious.

USA - Beef & Chicken Fried Rice - Firehouse Mongolian Grill, Fayetteville, NC, USA.

Good Post topic.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Panang chicken. News cafe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks King Cobra -  What about in Pattaya , any places there you like? Where do you find a mean Somtam? 

Just hanging - I was going to make panang chicken, however I only had banana leaves, I read it is the aroma from the panang leaf that gives this dish its full flavour, so it would not have been the same making it in the Banana leaf

Making moves so i can step beyond the intellectual framework of the present day character structure

The simple street noodle soup - keow teow nam tok.

Can't get enough of it and it's only 40baht

I'd rather eat that than go to any restaurant in Pattaya.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks King Cobra -  What about in Pattaya , any places there you like? Where do you find a mean Somtam? 

Just hanging - I was going to make panang chicken, however I only had banana leaves, I read it is the aroma from the panang leaf that gives this dish its full flavour, so it would not have been the same making it in the Banana leaf

Pattaya - There is a Somtam House about 5-6km from Sumkhumvit on Soi Siam Country Club

on the right side past the Chok Chai Open Market.  Its fairly new.  Only open a few months now.

My wife says its really good and she is from the North East so she should know.

I cant tell the difference but it tastes good to me.

I also like the Phad Tai Kai (chicken) from Kiss Cafe on Soi Siam Country Club.

Pattaya - There is a Somtam House about 5-6km from Sumkhumvit on Soi Siam Country Club

on the right side past the Chok Chai Open Market.  Its fairly new.  Only open a few months now.

I have to try the Somtam house next time! Absolutely love the dish, the one with plara ofc. :)

too many to chose from .

boo gang garee 

yam kai yo mar 

yam kai kem 

gapow moo gop 

shit i could be here all day , bastard now i'm hungry  :GoldenSmile1:

Not in Pattaya but the food court in the Sunday street market in Chiang Mai has the tastiest Thai food I've eaten.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I cant tell the difference but it tastes good to me.

I also like the Phad Tai Kai (chicken) from Kiss Cafe on Soi Siam Country Club.

I looked for Somtam House today, but couldn't find it. I found a place called something similar in Thai, but I'm not sure it's the same one. I didn't even find Chok Chai Open Market for sure. Can you give some more precise directions--hopefully a google map? Also the place I did find was closed at 2 pm this afternoon. Opening hours would be good to know if you happen to know them.

I looked for Somtam House today, but couldn't find it. I found a place called something similar in Thai, but I'm not sure it's the same one. I didn't even find Chok Chai Open Market for sure. Can you give some more precise directions--hopefully a google map? Also the place I did find was closed at 2 pm this afternoon. Opening hours would be good to know if you happen to know them.

Let me see if I can throw a map together.  I'll label those places as best as I can remember.

I like the Larb Moo and Moo Nam Tok with sticky rice (pic) from the food stall outside 7-Eleven on 2nd Rd (between Soi13 & 13/1(?))

The Khao Mun Gai from the opposite stall is also very good.

2ndRd.jpg

I like the Larb Moo and Moo Nam Tok with sticky rice (pic) from the food stall outside 7-Eleven on 2nd Rd (between Soi13 & 13/1(?))

The Khao Mun Gai from the opposite stall is also very good.

that looks the best mouth is watering now....just ordered Dominios pizza how disappointed am I going to be now LOL

Thai noodles in soi bekhaw beside easy corner allway delicious

Sent from Dishwasher

<CENTER><h2 style="background-color:red;color:red;">-</h2><p style="background-color:orange;color:orange;">-</p><p style="background-color:yellow;color:yellow;">-</p></body>

Pad kana moo krob (crispy pork with Chinese kale)...BKK Sukhumvit soi 4...street food with around 6 tables on the pavement on the right side just past strikers and Hilary Bar 1 if you're walking from Sukhumvit....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

Here are two of my favorites, first is the Duck Curry at the restaurant on the corner of Soi Lengkee and 3rd road, don't know the actual name, just call it the Hot Man Restaurant (Hot Man Club is across the street)  

IMG_0172.jpg

Second favorite is the street cart serving the fried pork strips (pork crack!), usually find on Soi 6 around midnight, or always on Walking Street when the food carts show up  when the clubs empty...

IMG_0344.jpg

HK

[Everyone loves a happy ending!

Here are two of my favorites, first is the Duck Curry at the restaurant on the corner of Soi Lengkee and 3rd road, don't know the actual name, just call it the Hot Man Restaurant (Hot Man Club is across the street)  

attachicon.gifIMG_0172.jpg

Second favorite is the street cart serving the fried pork strips (pork crack!), usually find on Soi 6 around midnight, or always on walking street when the food carts show up  when the clubs empty...

attachicon.gifIMG_0344.jpg

HK

wrong, I eat at hotman all the time. It is on the corner of chayapoun , not lengkee.

Without a doubt I would say Tom Sep Nua and the main reason being I can't get a decent one in Pattaya.

The best I have eaten is in a truck stop on the Nackon Sawan ringroad owned by a young Issaan couple..

wrong, I eat at hotman all the time. It is on the corner of chayapoun , not lengkee.

Thanks for the correction! I just wander there, never really look at the street names...

[Everyone loves a happy ending!

Roast duck chinese style is one of my favorites

Best ive had is from lenkee restaurant

True, but not Thai.

attachicon.gifIMG_0172.jpg

Second favorite is the street cart serving the fried pork strips (pork crack!), usually find on Soi 6 around midnight, or always on walking street when the food carts show up  when the clubs empty...

attachicon.gifIMG_0344.jpg

HK

On the building on the corner of Third Road and Soi Chaiyapoon is indeed a sign for the Hot Man karaoke in Soi Chaiyapoon, but I guess that is not the name of that Thai-style restaurant.

It's tough to pick just one, but if I had to, I would have to go with kha ka muu, pig leg stewed in Chinese 5 spice broth, with braised kale over rice.

Favorite place to get it is a stall in front of the 7-11 at the big market on soi siam country club, second favorite place, and one likely more accessible for most, is the little hole in the wall next to Shamrock bar on soi 13/4.

Archived