Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

Sign in to follow this  
The Sly Fox

Recommendations for a few days stopover in either S'Pore or KL

The Sly Fox

I'm considering having a few days stopover in either S'Pore or KL early in 2016. It's been many years since I was last in either city, so hoping someone can give some recent recommendations. I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel (clean, quiet, AC/TV/bathroom). Preferably in an older part of the city with some interesting attractions nearby. Preferably close to a MTR station (if S'Pore) or a LRT or Monrail station (if KL) Would like a night market nearby so we can get a few beers and some delicious hawker food. Don't need nightlife or mongering as I'll be with TGF. Just a nice affordable hotel in an interesting part of the city where we could spend 3-4 days stopover. Any suggestions for me?

Colin back in Pattaya

Try the Strand hotel on Bencoolen St, between Dhobi Ghaut and Bugis MRT stations.

It's not cheap by Thai standards, but better than many hotels in Singapore.

Have a look at their 'special' rooms. Each one is different, but they feature a glass wall between bedroom and bathroom...

The hotel offers a basic cooked breakfast but no other catering. There is (or was 18 months ago) a 7 Eleven on the corner about 100 yards from the hotel

Website www.strandhotel.com.sg

The Sly Fox

Thanks Colin, good possible for us.

ValleyCowboy

I like Southbridge hotel in Singapore and it fits most of your criteria. It's on the edge of Chinatown, street market and tons of places to eat within just a very short walk. Has a decent bar and resto on site, the room we had was so clean it seriously looked like it had never been occupied before. It was a mezzanine room, very private,  very small, but we loved it. I think we paid somewhere around  US $110 

Edited by ValleyCowboy

The Sly Fox

I like Southbridge Hotel in Singapore and it fits most of your criteria. It's on the edge of Chinatown, street market and tons of places to eat within just a very short walk. Has a decent bar and resto on site, the room we had was so clean it seriously looked like it had never been occupied before. It was a mezzanine room, very private,  very small, but we loved it. I think we paid somewhere around  US $110 

Cheers, sounds interesting, another good possible.