Drive-lapse from Bangkok to Pattaya

This February I spent a week driving my car from Beijing to Phuket and recorded the whole trip.

Others can be found on my YouTube channel, still updating.

Edited by 20141205

CrackedMirror

Very interesting, thanks.

Is it usual to undertake on the freeways? It would be illegal in Britain

cyfruil

Got fooled a couple of times, Thought they drove really aggressive and the saw the speedometer showing between 10 and 30 Kmh.

Watching the other videos on your channel now.

Scumbag

It is usual. I think the UK might be the unusual..:P

theoneandonlytony

thanks for sharing..  it was nice to see the journey from swampy to pattaya as it was dark and i was half sleeping in the taxi on my only visit.

manarak

it actually is illegal in Thailand, but everybody does it.

sometimes there is no other way

furryman

By undertaking, you mean passing another vehicle that is going slower? It's illegal in the UK? Madness.

dave46

By undertaking, you mean passing another vehicle that is going slower? It's illegal in the UK? Madness.

I need the UK, on a 3 lane road, the left hand lane (yes you drive on the wrong side of the road ) we call the slow lane, everyone drives there, if you need to pass you move to the middle lane, then return to the slow lane, the 3rd lane is for folks that like to go really fast, we call it the fast lane

"Undertake" would be going in to a slower lane to overtake

furryman

I need the UK, on a 3 lane road, the left hand lane (yes you drive on the wrong side of the road ) we call the slow lane, everyone drives there, if you need to pass you move to the middle lane, then return to the slow lane, the 3rd lane is for folks that like to go really fast, we call it the fast lane

"Undertake" would be going in to a slower lane to overtake

That makes more sense. Pretty sure passing on the wrong side is illegal in most US states as well, but rarely enforced. Especially on a crowded expressway.

Still not clear why you would call it undertaking. The only undertaking I knew of before this was the sort of thing an undertaker undertook.

Like the way the video is put together, with the speedo and rear view, but the drive from Bangkok to Pattaya must win a prize for least scenic ride in Thailand.

dave46

In the UK we follow these rules, and that just happens to be the word we use.

I have driven in the USA, and it seems to me there are no rules, you drive in what ever lane and overtake (left) or undertake (right) as of will, got to say it worked fine as far as I could see

dave46

Not watched the video (i'm on data) but often thought it would be worth recording the journey, not for the scenery, but the crazy stuff,

Driving antics and state of vehicles overloaded and folks sat on top etc, there is always something I shake my head at and laugh

Driving the wrong way on a freeway always amuses me

Edited by dave46

methodman

Weird, I was looking for a good time lapse video between bangkok and pattaya just last night, thanks for posting