IGNORED

Anti depressent meds that don't affect sex drive!

ace123

Hey guys long story short I have an anxiety disorder managed it myself most my life with ocassional valium but apparently its no good long term ( I dont think anti depressents are any better for you)

Basically the docs want me on anti depressants although I am not depressed for my anxiety.

Anyway some of them while they help with anxiety I dont give a fuck about sex.  I have been absent from this forum and thailand lately because after last thai trip I went on a anti depressent . ( 6 months ago)

Havent done anything at all sexually since !     6 months of abstinence .    I went cold turkey of my meds a week ago and while I am anxious as fuck I have a sex drive and its great!

If anybody has had any success keeping a sex drive while on one of these let me know what one it is!

Ive also had anxiety and depression most of my life and did for a period of time take antidepressants and found they really messed up my sex drive, they just really numb you down too much.. Ive found meditation and acupuncture really good for staying relaxed and some Chinese herbs really helpful as well..

Hey guys long story short I have an anxiety disorder managed it myself most my life with ocassional valium but apparently its no good long term ( I dont think anti depressents are any better for you)

Basically the docs want me on anti depressants although I am not depressed for my anxiety.

Anyway some of them while they help with anxiety I dont give a fuck about sex.  I have been absent from this forum and thailand lately because after last thai trip I went on a anti depressent . ( 6 months ago)

Havent done anything at all sexually since !     6 months of abstinence .    I went cold turkey of my meds a week ago and while I am anxious as fuck I have a sex drive and its great!

If anybody has had any success keeping a sex drive while on one of these let me know what one it is!

60mg Prozac no issues, but I cycle 20 minutes a day at a 18-20mph for the entire 20 minutes.

Without the exercise - I do not want sex.   With it - I can (at age 56), go two times a day, with only an hour in between - but she has to be hot! 

Doc switched me from Zoloft because although zoloft increases sex drive it makes your erections softer, so you need to supplement with something - and that something can make your BP go up.  So if you have normal to low BP - no worries 

Edited by dickygozinya

Yeah my blood pressure is average .I have no problem using cialus for erections if zoloft will work?   At your age I that is really good for someone not on the anti depresants let alone on them!

I currently went cold turkey of meds a week ago.  Was sick of living in a daze for the last few months. 

Now I am back anxious as fuck but At least i feel semi alive .

Ive also had anxiety and depression most of my life and did for a period of time take antidepressants and found they really messed up my sex drive, they just really numb you down too much.. Ive found meditation and acupuncture really good for staying relaxed and some Chinese herbs really helpful as well..

tryed yoga for a bit.  the streching helped me for soocer and the meditation part with my anxiety.

My mum is a natural remidies addict.   I used them for years till I had terrible issues in about march and had to go on the doctors stuff !

I am going to attempt natural again but I feel fucked right now!

Try find a good acupuncturist or Chinese herbalist mate, they have some really good herbs that calm the mind right down without putting you into a daze, but I don't think going cold turkey off the meds is a good idea, find a doctor who will help you taper off then safely..

I am already of them cold turkey have been for week  now Im honestly fine.

I was hooked on benzos now that is one hell of a comedown. Mertazapine was fine.

I will maybe try a chinese herbalist cheers

the sex drive after a week of that stuff is ridculous. I went from no emotion when i saw a women to wanting to dry hump any female i see in the street.  ITs a great feeling!

I have a interest in getting back to thailand now to lol !

I know how you feel, i was on zoloft for a while but just threw them in the bin on the first day of one of my trips.. exercise does help as i'm sure you have been told a million times

, i find i feel a little worse during and straight after the exercise as my heart is racing which makes me think a panic attack is about to happen but it soon passes.

giving up caffeine also helps a hell of a lot, quitting smoking is also supposed to help though i am struggling with that bit.

I am currently getting by with hot baths with salts after work and listening to a lot of those guided relaxation videos on you tube.

I never found any herbal stuff that helped me and meds are only a cover over really.

let me know if you have any luck with chinese remidies and i'll give them a shot as there is a place in my town.

However many people waste so much money with so called remedies. As its mostly relaxation of the brain you have to master i'm trying that sort of route now.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I think all SSRI meds have a negative impact on sex drive. I took Lexapro for a couple of months and felt like I'd been neutered.

Exercise helps a lot. Also worth checking out St. John's Wort, a herbal remedy which works on anxiety and depression, but with minimal side effects.

Any yoga with an emphasis on breathing techniques is also helpful for anxiety. While yoga might sound a bit girly, it's also rumoured to increase testosterone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I was hooked on benzos now that is one hell of a comedown. Mertazapine was fine.

I take Mertazapine as well but for sleeping aid as non addictive. Obviously its main use is as an anti depressant but I've not any loss of Desire. Been on it since around 2007

Are there any unresolved childhood emotional traumas?

You could change your lifestyle like eating healthy food, Yoga etc.

With time every medicine will stop working, your body will get acustomed to that medicine so changing is the only option which will really help in longer run.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tryed yoga for a bit.  the streching helped me for soocer and the meditation part with my anxiety.

My mum is a natural remidies addict.   I used them for years till I had terrible issues in about march and had to go on the doctors stuff !

I am going to attempt natural again but I feel fucked right now!

Try to stay off the anti depressants they will numb your emotions and make you a robot lol.  Exercise as much as possible and try to use an anti anxiety tablet no more than two or three times per week.

May I reccomend that you buy this book if you can in Oz. It will change your perception of anxiety and how to treat it:

http://www.humangivens.com/publications/how-to-master-anxiety.html

Pussy juice works for me.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Alcohol is an antidepressant and will relax you.

It won't cure your anxiety, but in the short time whilst in Patts it would boost your confidence and self esteem, as long as you don't go overboard. You could comfortably add some ED pills for the old fellah if need be.

Long term management of your anxiety is complex.

I believe all anxiety can be managed by controlling and changing the way we THINK.

CBT and RBT can be useful tools.

Without knowing your history, hard to offer advice, except for what I've suggested above +

Quality sleep, healthy eating, lots of exercise....especially weight training, quality friends and healthy routines....

Best wishes.

Cheers,

H888

Alcohol is an antidepressant.

No. Alcohol is a depressant. Yes, a few drinks will give you a lift when you're feeling down, but for anyone dealing with depression, the after effects of drinking can be much more unpleasant than usual.

Alcohol is never a recommended treatment for depression or anxiety.

all antidepressant meds are drugs which lead to numbness , which is the only way that make feel relieve .... which definitely affect sex drive

Sent from Dishwasher

<CENTER><h2 style="background-color:red;color:red;">-</h2><p style="background-color:orange;color:orange;">-</p><p style="background-color:yellow;color:yellow;">-</p></body>

No. Alcohol is a depressant. Yes, a few drinks will give you a lift when you're feeling down, but for anyone dealing with depression, the after effects of drinking can be much more unpleasant than usual.

Internet for what?

http://davidhealy.org/is-alcohol-safer-and-more-effective-than-ssris/

Cheers,

H888

H888, I think you've somewhat missed the point of the article you linked.  

It's actually a satirical take on the cynical marketing tactics employed by Big Pharma. Your Dr. Healy is not seriously suggesting that alcohol be reclassified as an antidepressant. Please read the comments section.

I agree with almost all of your OP, but to suggest that someone suffering from depression should go and knock back a few pints is a bit irresponsible IMO.

You won't find many mainstream health practitioners supporting this view.

Cheers,

Q

Edited by questor

I also suffer from GAD (general anxiety disorder). My doc put me on Cymbalta and I have been good to go. No more panic attacks, no issues with my crank. Only issue, which is not always bad, is it takes me a bit longer to get off.

dont do deps

Making moves so i can step beyond the intellectual framework of the present day character structure

very true.. i learnt this the hard way

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2: