Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Storage for 3 months

dragonrider

I will be retiring to Pattaya in the next year or so. I will be making one more trip about 3 months before going over (for good ?). I was going to bring a couple of suitcases over and try to find somewhere to leave them that (hopefully) they will be there when I get back. Probably filled with stuff like cup-of-soup, bar-b-que sauce, spices, cookies and maybe a few clothes. My bags going over will be full of computer stuff.

Can someone suggest where I might be able to dump these things for a few months before I return and rent a place ?

Thanks.

Irwin

Yes but do they have Stone Wheat Thins, Carnation Hot Chocolate, Lawson's Seasoned Salt, Lipton's Cup of Soup, etc. 

While waiting for the girls to wake up, I will be doing quite a bit of "pretend" grocery shopping. Food is the big question mark in my projected monthly budget, From a distance of 6000 miles, I am guessing at 6000 Baht per month but I'm hoping that's a bit high since I'm like 3000 baht monthly higher than I would like to be (although that's not going to stop me from coming).

Any guesses as if I can get the rent down a bit if I offer to pay the entire year in one shot ?

Yes but do they have Stone Wheat Thins, Carnation Hot Chocolate, Lawson's Seasoned Salt, Lipton's Cup of Soup, etc. 

While waiting for the girls to wake up, I will be doing quite a bit of "pretend" grocery shopping. Food is the big question mark in my projected monthly budget, From a distance of 6000 miles, I am guessing at 6000 Baht per month but I'm hoping that's a bit high since I'm like 3000 baht monthly higher than I would like to be (although that's not going to stop me from coming).

Any guesses as if I can get the rent down a bit if I offer to pay the entire year in one shot ?

they have most western items or similar in the grocery stores. You're food budget of 6000 works out to 200 baht per day.

That's a very slim budget mate. And storing cookies for several months may find them getting stale.

And bar b q sauce, never seen too many proper BBQ s here either. If ou plan on retiring here, a few suitcases of food will only go so far,

Anyway, best wishes and good luck.

"U Store It" may be an option for you. Anything of value I can recommend "Siam Secure".

yes, he can store cup a soup, cookies, and hot chocolate in the Siam secure boxes.

That solves everything.

If you're planned retirement budget for food is 200 baht per day, what is your budget for the gals?

mai pang motorcycle rental in jomtien complex.  she has loads of motorcycles, laundry, and storage.   she is totally honest and been there over 10 years

Be careful paying rent in full for one year.Shit happens and you could want to move to a different area.

I managed on baht 200 a day for food but there were four of us chipping in and we cooked the main meal ourselves.

This was in 2003 and many food items have doubled in price, probably will again.

You'll eventually wean yourself off that shite your taking over, as I did with tea, coffee, cheese, red meat, branston pickle...

Baht 200 is still doable today. I supplemented my diet with protein shakes, chicken and fish plus veggies, all bought fresh

each morning and cooked on wee George Foreman grill. Cost was very cheap at the markets.

Good luck and keep an eye out for the party balloons.

yes, he can store cup a soup, cookies, and hot chocolate in the Siam secure boxes.

That solves everything.

If you're planned retirement budget for food is 200 baht per day, what is your budget for the gals?

Oh wow you're so funny. What a great contribution to the forum you are.

Have you ever been to Thailand? Very odd the things you mention bringing as if these sorts of things are unavailable or in short supply. Not worth even thinking about.

I've not used this company but have heard them advertise on the radio quite a bit. They are off of Thappraya road.

http://pattayaselfstorage.co.th/index.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used this place a couple of times, can't recommend highly enough... very safe, efficient and many different types of storage choices. Prices are probably more than you pay elsewhere (though still quite reasonable), but it's the best self-storage place in Pattaya. Even give you thumbprint access to your stuff so you can access it 24 hours. 

u store it just off the 7 freeway about 1/4 the price of the one off thapraya road.

Oh wow you're so funny. What a great contribution to the forum you are.

ou ask a rediculous question, you get a rediculous answer.

I've been using 'U Store it' for the past couple of years and the owner, Lee, is excellent to work with.

He's fluent in English (educated in the US?) and very reliable with picking-up your 'storage'.

Highly recommend them.

U Store It Pattaya
44/114 Moo 1 Ngamcharoen
Nongprue
Banglamung
Chonburi - 20150
Mobile: 0901204204
[email protected]

they have most western items or similar in the grocery stores. You're food budget of 6000 works out to 200 baht per day.

That's a very slim budget mate. And storing cookies for several months may find them getting stale.

And bar b q sauce, never seen too many proper BBQ s here either. If ou plan on retiring here, a few suitcases of food will only go so far,

Anyway, best wishes and good luck.

You can eat Thai food all day long for 200bt a day (inc TGS food) and still have change 

I am coming in 3 days, so I will have a chance to check out what I spend on food and what is available in the local stores.

The pictures of the apartments I've looked at just have a couple of burners, no stove. How do people grill meat indoors ? I can pan fry a hamburger but not ribs (someone suggested bringing over a George Forman Grill). Someone told me that the Golf Club Restaurant has a real Weber grill to do steak dinners 3 days a week. Maybe I could use it on their off days 

I've revised my monthly budget up to 15000bt (500/day). That seems really high but I agree 200 is low.

I am planning on a trip three months before coming over for good. I get two free bags and the final trip, most of my luggage will be electronic and other small stuff, so even if we forget the stupid idea of bringing Canadian "delicacies", I would still need somewhere to store a couple of suitcases full of clothes and stuff,

I will get two pensions, one from the US and another from Canada. I was hoping to live on the American pension and monger with the Canadian one. So my girl budget should be around 30K/month. 

• 1 month later...

I would also recommend pattaya self storage. Excellent long term deals, good security and helpful European owner

I would also recommend pattaya self storage. Excellent long term deals, good security and helpful European owner

How much is it?

One reason I like storage that I haven't seen mentioned is that I like to leave some clothes behind so that I only need to bring a small carry on rather than a full suitcase. I also don't want to look like the poor bums that wear the same pants and shirt every single day because they didn't pack enough!

I am coming in 3 days, so I will have a chance to check out what I spend on food and what is available in the local stores.

The pictures of the apartments I've looked at just have a couple of burners, no stove. How do people grill meat indoors ? I can pan fry a hamburger but not ribs (someone suggested bringing over a George Forman Grill). Someone told me that the Golf Club Restaurant has a real Weber grill to do steak dinners 3 days a week. Maybe I could use it on their off days 

I've revised my monthly budget up to 15000bt (500/day). That seems really high but I agree 200 is low.

I am planning on a trip three months before coming over for good. I get two free bags and the final trip, most of my luggage will be electronic and other small stuff, so even if we forget the stupid idea of bringing Canadian "delicacies", I would still need somewhere to store a couple of suitcases full of clothes and stuff,

I will get two pensions, one from the US and another from Canada. I was hoping to live on the American pension and monger with the Canadian one. So my girl budget should be around 30K/month. 

If you are for real and this is not a wind up you can go to the Big C extra and pick your meat and they will cook it for you for free.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived