IGNORED

Swimming pool April suites vs Centra avenue

stunner

I have stayed in both these hotels in the last 6 months. They are both very good (if you check the search function) you will get my reviews. 

Regarding the pools, they are pretty similar, both roof-top types. The are not overly big and might not suit a serious swimmer, but for a guy who wants to do a few laps of the pool and then hop back on the sunbed, they are ideal. In high season the pool area could get crowded as there are not many beds (six at Centra).

When I stayed at Centra 6 weeks ago the price was 1,000THB and April Suite was roughly the same. I am looking to go back to Patts in 2 weeks time, but Centra is up to around 1,300 and April Suites are down 900THB. April Suites looks great value at that price. You might also consider 24/7 hotel, again in soi Honey, again it is first class, has a rooftop pool and is on (ATM) at 1,400THB inc breakfast.

Thanks for your great feedback. If there are only 6 sun beds at centra avenue then they may all be taken by 1300 when I go to the pool.

What's your experience from that?

The centra avenue I can get for 1150 including breakfast.

I have stayed in both these hotels in the last 6 months. They are both very good (if you check the search function) you will get my reviews. 

Regarding the pools, they are pretty similar, both roof-top types. The are not overly big and might not suit a serious swimmer, but for a guy who wants to do a few laps of the pool and then hop back on the sunbed, they are ideal. In high season the pool area could get crowded as there are not many beds (six at Centra).

When I stayed at Centra 6 weeks ago the price was 1,000THB and April Suite was roughly the same. I am looking to go back to Patts in 2 weeks time, but Centra is up to around 1,300 and April Suites are down 900THB. April Suites looks great value at that price. You might also consider 24/7 Hotel, again in soi Honey, again it is first class, has a rooftop pool and is on (ATM) at 1,400THB inc breakfast.

Sounds like amazing value :ThumbUp6:

Thanks for your great feedback. If there are only 6 sun beds at centra avenue then they may all be taken by 1300 when I go to the pool.

What's your experience from that?

The centra avenue I can get for 1150 including breakfast.

If you are going to Patts Dec/Jan you will definitely struggle to find a sun bed - the hotel will be packed. If you go low season May-Oct the hotel is very quiet and the pool empty.

ps 1,150 inc breakfast is a great price - where did you see it?

I got it now down to 900 baht excluding breakfast for the month September. It's a travel agent rate and staying minimum 11 days.

So in September I would be less of a problem to get a sunbed?

Picture below shows 4 beds (2 around the other side). I never saw anyone around the pool, except one day, 4 Korean couples were complaining about a lack of beds. At 950THB you have got a bargain...grab it with both hands!

post-82029-0-12225400-1434855203.jpg

I just booked Centra - October 20 - superior room - Queen size bed - for ฿1,235.85 per night - including all taxes and services charges.

The booking claims to include fees for their "New Year's Eve gala dinner" - ha ha - their webmaster has been asleep for some time...

BTW, does Centra get worked up over 2 girls?

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

• 2 weeks later...

What is the alley like going to centra avenue. Is it safe?

There is both a soi and an alley. The soi runs to Diana (next to Areca Lodge) and the alley begins on soi buhakow at 18 Coins. Both of these ways to the hotel are very safe - no probs at all.

Archived