Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

55 minute transfer Doha

gungadin

has anyone done this connection time and how was it?

did it years ago if memory serves me right you basically get off the plane into the lounge or very near where your next plane is departing from.... but that was 10 years ago now but very smooth transistion

lon - doha - bkk and vice vera way back

It should be possible, but hardly pleasant. You know, they won't sell you a ticket with a connection time that's impossible to meet.

With 55min, I wouldn't be the least bit worried about my own self making in onto the next flight. I would be a little worried about any checked-in luggage coming along on the same one, though.

Last time I went to UK went with Finair to Manchester. Had 30 min at Helsinki. Baggage didn't make it to Manchester. Delivered the next day.

Returning with Ethihad. Had 2 hour stop over at Abu Dhabi. No hassles. Favourate airline is Qatar as you get just that bit more legroom and width in the seat.

Also, the food is edible.

I would hate to be a fatty. Even with Qatar.

I always believed that 1:45 was the minimum for an connection, which is mainly for the baggage.

The new airport at Doha is better now as there is not the bloody bus journey that seemed to go via the longest possible route but I would still be uncomfortable as your first leg needs to be on time as there cannot be any possible leeway with such a short connection time.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

I did Qatar Airways last June/July with a 90 minute transfer time and that was comfortable anything less would worry me and do not rely on it not being a steps and bus transfer even when disembarking from a "Dreamliner". Hence for the sake of a £100  I am back to direct with Thai.

As long as your plane is on time, should be fine. New terminal is not hard to navigate. If your original flight is Qatar, they know you have landed. Will wait a few minutes extra if needed. If your plane is very late, you will be rebooked. Just remember last ones on loaded planes have a hard time finding above storage for their "5 carry-ons!"

I always believed that 1:45 was the minimum for an connection, which is mainly for the baggage.

The new airport at Doha is better now as there is not the bloody bus journey that seemed to go via the longest possible route but I would still be uncomfortable as your first leg needs to be on time as there cannot be any possible leeway with such a short connection time.

There's no global standard or anything, the MCT varies across airports, and with whether you're going domestic-domestic, domestic-international, Schengen-international and so on.

For instance, I had a 40 minute connection in Helsinki not so long ago. I wasn't the least bit worried, and even had time to buy some booze on the way. Now, if that connection had been through Frankfurt instead, I would have been extremely worried. On the other hand, they wouldn't have sold me a ticket with that connection time anyway, as the MCT for Frankfurt is 45 minutes. (Which, one might argue, is still far too short.)

Oh, and as for Doha, you can still get a bus gate if you're unlucky (happened to me 2 times out of maybe 10, once coming in and once going out). This is of course completely incompatible with their MCT of 35 min, so one has to wonder what they were thinking there.

There's no global standard or anything, the MCT varies across airports, and with whether you're going domestic-domestic, domestic-international, Schengen-international and so on.

For instance, I had a 40 minute connection in Helsinki not so long ago. I wasn't the least bit worried, and even had time to buy some booze on the way. Now, if that connection had been through Frankfurt instead, I would have been extremely worried. On the other hand, they wouldn't have sold me a ticket with that connection time anyway, as the MCT for Frankfurt is 45 minutes. (Which, one might argue, is still far too short.)

Oh, and as for Doha, you can still get a bus gate if you're unlucky (happened to me 2 times out of maybe 10, once coming in and once going out). This is of course completely incompatible with their MCT of 35 min, so one has to wonder what they were thinking there.

I just looked that up at Qatar support and the MCT is only 45 minutes.

http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/en-us/articles/206466698-I-have-a-short-connection-is-this-enough-time-to-make-my-connecting-flight-

I am flying Qatar Edinburgh to Bangkok in October but have a 2:45 connection time which I am happy with as i can afford for my first leg to be a little late or i will nurse a drink in the lounge before my sleep on the final leg so I am fresh to hit Soi 6 on my arrival.

I feel that if you are delayed or rush about for your flights then you lose the first day of your visit but that could just be because I am an old codger

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

Minimum connection is 45 minutes. Have done Qatar 3 times where it was from memory 50 or 55 minutes no issues, no problems.  Ground handling are fully aware of the tight connections. Normally short transfer times at origin airport get an additional label around the handle in a bright colour stating "speedy transfer" or similar

Even if you miss the connection due to late arrival, you should be well taken care of as DOH is Qatar's home base. They have about 4 direct flights DOH - BKK per day.

Archived