IGNORED

Anyone familiar with Cathay Pacific, please read

Massage Slave

very important thing about passport I learned here, it needs to NOT be expiring in the next 6 months... 

if it's expiring in the next 6 months you may not be allowed to travel or enter the country.  not sure exactly why, but I think this is correct...

A few years back I was flying with Emirates from UK to BKK when the friend I was with was stopped at check in cos his passport only had a few months left till expiry. The Emirates staff then called BKK airport to confirm they would let him in, which they confirmed they would.  I asked the staff why they did this and they told me if the passenger does not have at least 6 months before expiry on the passport then they may not let them in, if they have not been informed in advance, plus they ( the carrier) gets fined.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the rule on paper, but Thai immigration never checks it - passports who don't need a visa are OK to enter as long as their passport is valid for the entire stay in the country.

The airline is likely to decline to carry you (happened to me with 5 and a half months to expiry a good few years ago !) as they get a big fine if caught ....

SJL

Archived