IGNORED

Little India Near 2nd Rd & Soi Diana

Evil Penevil

A friend recommended Little India to me. Of all the major national cuisines, Indian is the one I eat the least. That's probably due to me visiting India only once and a lack of good Indian restaurants in the areas I previously lived. It's nice to have a decent option close to my condo in Pattaya.  Little India is located in the arcade that runs beside Kiss Food on 2nd Road.  It's directly across from Papagayo.

Some pics from my first but not  last visit. It's a clean and well-lit place, which is a very positive factor for me.

post-9139-0-89053900-1438835370.jpg

I had the mutton tikka biryani (270 B ); Mint raita (60 B ) and the Peshwari naan (90 B ). SML was 80 b.

post-9139-0-62571200-1438835445.jpg

I asked for it to be served "medium" spicy and that was certainly enough heat for me.

post-6485-0-22395500-1439233032.jpg 

At the price, it could have done with a bit more meat in the biryani, but the taste was good.

post-6485-0-51368300-1439233402.jpg 

The Peshwari naan with almonds and raisins was the most expensive of the many naan options on the menu. It went well with the biryani.

post-9139-0-62696200-1438835625.jpg 

Some more pics from Little India>  I had the special of the day at 400 baht.  It was good, but too much food.  There was enough for two meals. 

post-276-0-55057200-1439228667.jpg

The pakora (mixed vegetable fritters) was nice, especially the mushrooms.

post-276-0-27991600-1439228674.jpg

The meal aslo came with a super portion of rice and big aloo (potato-stuffed) naan.

post-276-0-45201700-1439231345.jpg

The cicken tikka marsala had a lot of chicken and the sauce was excellent.

post-276-0-27334000-1439228679.jpg

post-276-0-50448000-1439229597.jpg

I'll continue to visit Little India.

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Nice report. I like Indian food. Off topic but that kiss restaurant is awful and the service sucks too

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

I enjoy the weekly indian buffet at the pub/restaurant at the front of  Amari hotel at far end of beach road ....possibly the best tandori chicken I have ever had and eat as much as you want 

my goTO Indian restaurant was recommended to me when I first arrived here in April 2014.  it right off of Beach Road, not far from Royal Garden Mall (toward Walking Street from the Mall)... I have eaten there several times and never been disappointed... here is the Trip Advisor page on it:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3200397-Reviews-Maharaja_indian_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Another great report sir. I must say that the biryani wasn't particularly photogenic. I hope it tasted better than it looks!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

That biryani looks like a complete rip-off for 270B. All I can see is some congealed coloured rice and a manky-looking bit of meat. Nothing else at all!

I had something very similar (and equally poor value) at that place by the lake, and another one in Naklua. Neither was worth more than 50B. I will never get over the fantastic level of overpricing here for the very worst sort of Indian food.

An example of what a proper biryani should look like:

mutton-biryani.jpg

or this:

biryani-8.jpg

Note that they contain many other things apart from rice.

Many more proper examples here: https://www.google.com/search?q=biryani&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X

Most Indian places in town are basically serving Thai fried rice jazzed up a bit as biryani. 

A friend recommended Little India to me. Of all the major national cuisines, Indian is the one I eat the least. That's probably due to me visiting India only once and a lack of good Indian restaurants in the areas I previously lived. It's nice to have a decent option close to my condo in Pattaya.  Little India is located in the arcade that runs beside Kiss Food on 2nd Road.  It's directly across from Papagayo.

Thanks for your review :GoldenSmile1:

This is a place that I've walked past very often but never even considered trying.

I'm looking at Papagayo and making sure I walk up the metal grid ramp to the bars.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

That biryani looks like a complete rip-off for 270B. All I can see is some congealed coloured rice and a manky-looking bit of meat. Nothing else at all!

My thoughts were similar.

In fact if you knew anything about Indian Food you would not order it in places like this, considering the preparation that is required.

My thoughts were similar.

In fact if you knew anything about Indian Food you would not order it in places like this, considering the preparation that is required.

A proper Indian dish takes ages. The long wait in the Tikka Center is worth it as they cook everything from fresh (reliably told!). And SML is only 60 baht while you wait. I like to sit outside and watch the antics of the LBs next door.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Can somebody tell me if this Basmati rice bag (5kg) is worth to buy? 430b. Iam little bit tired to Thai jasmin.

20150808_191655.jpg

Little India was my go-to place for Indian food on my first few trips. But then it went downhill, the food was extremely spicy and extremely salty on 2 consecutive visits.

Might give them another try on my next trip but most likely I'll end up at Tikka Centre.

I've had some very good vegetarian meals in Saras. You can get a complete Thali there for not much more than the cost of that Biryani pictured above.

thali5.png

Royal Garden Mall. 
Top floor.

Beach side.

You can sit inside or out. Great view.

• 2 weeks later...

I had find Zaika Indian Restaurant very authentic Indian Restaurant. located just opposite to Pattaya Marriott Resort on 2nd road. Good Indian food at reasonable price.

• Phone+66-38488958
  • [email protected]
  • Working Hours - 11:00 AM To 01:00 AM
  • www.zaikapattaya.com

Interesting. I still haven't tried it. I find their prices rather higher than other places that I like and their use of aggressive obnoxious touts really puts me off. 

Archived