IGNORED

Cost Comparison - Thailand vs. Philippines - Financial Analysis - PART V

Cost Comparison - Thailand vs. Philippines - Financial Analysis - PART V

I thought I'd get started on this because I'm about to take another trip in September, and don't want to fall behind on Part VI.

I recently traveled for a duration of 16 days, splitting my time between Pattaya and the Philippines.  9 days in the Philippines (only Angeles City), 7 days Thailand (1 day in Bangkok and 6 days in Pattaya).

Relatively low season - May 2015

Previous posts:

Philippines was fairly simple this trip.  Attended the annual ABC Pool Party and introduced a friend to Angeles City.  The rest of the trip was mostly spent in Pattaya, with a shopping day in Bangkok.

In this, as well as most of the previous posts, the cost per day were significantly lower in the Philippines vs. Thailand.  

Trip Summary

4WLfQWc.png

From the Trip Summary screenshot above, in US Dollars (USD), I have separated the total cost I spent between the two countries over the 16-day period (9 days in Philippines, 7 in Thailand).

I have removed the cost of hotels, Airline tickets, and Travel-Transportation to come up with the net of everything else spend during that time.

Excluding hotel, Airline Tickets, and Travel-Transportation, the average daily costs were as follows:

Thailand - $140 / day

Philippines - $97 / day

Since it came up in discussion during Part II, the reason I omit Travel-Transportation, which includes both airport transportation and travel between destinations is because I like to isolate the daily cost of similar activities and daily functions in each city.

Including hotel, while excluding both Airline Tickets and Travel-Transportation, the average daily costs were as follows:

Thailand - $175 / day

Philippines - $141 / day

The "Avoided Cost" factor is money that would have been spent at home on daily living expenses had I not been traveling during this time period.

Thailand - Daily Expenses (THB)

H9LgK3T.png

Philippines - Daily Expenses (PHP)

HwPCDls.png

Thailand hotel Expenses

WUisAXX.png

------------------------------------------------------

Including tips, I spent $244 on hotels in Pattaya and Bangkok.  I didn't bother checking out of my Pattaya hotel, so the one night in Bangkok was an overlay.

Philippines hotel Expenses

Si3lPGv.png

The hotel situation is interesting.  Some might argue that hotels are more expensive in Pattaya.  In my case, I lodge at nicer places in the Philippines.  My Soi Buakhaw place is lower cost, and I would prefer to stay in the 2,000 baht per night places, but a key factor in Pattaya is location as I prefer to walk quite a bit and avoid unsafe transportation, close to LK Metro and the action for now.  In the Philippines, I prefer to stay at nicer hotels with lap-swimming pools.

Entertainment (Mongering, etc.) - Both Philippines and Thailand

E - Drinks, Lady Drinks, etc. in bars, clubs, Insomnia, High Society, etc.

O - Occurrences (Girls)

STH - Short-time hotels

In summary of the four places, per occurrence, is as follows:

• Thailand - $55-to-$57 per occurrence (1,818-to-1,909 Baht per occurrence)
  • Philippines - $58 per occurrence (AC only)

Entertainment Pattaya

ckpZw9P.png

Entertainment - Philippines

CqgduNJ.png

Financial Transactions (Both THB and PHP)

RewyyhH.png

Travel Transportation

TlLt8T6.png

Laundry

nHaFeh2.png

See here for previous posts: 

Some additional comments about this particular trip.

Duration:

Shorter and simpler trip vs. Part IV.

Low Season:

Women:

• Philippines is a about quality

• Pattaya is about quantity

-------------------------

The STH's in Pattaya were minor, only influenced a difference of $5 on average (see $55 vs. $57, excluding and including STH respectively).   I decided to add the STH category for when I opt not to travel to my regular hotel, however, it's been a little bit of a fudge-factor by charging the STH rooms on Soi 6, Honey, and Chaiyaphum which could be considered part of the O (Occurrences).

---------------------

Personally, I don't find any such costs in Pattaya to be either unreasonable or expensive, and place all goods and services, including girls, into one of the three following categories:

• Cheap

• Low-cost

• Reasonable

I enjoy traveling to both places. One is not necessarily better than the other, but they're different.  Philippines is a better place if your into the cultural performing arts. Also, Pattaya is pretty much a one-track town. A fun place of course, but quality non-mongering activities are few and far between. 

Great post.

Do you have any experience visiting BKK or are you planning a trip in the future? A cost comparison between Phil v Pats v BBK would be helpful.

Thanks for sharing.

Health & Fitness Information Repository

Feel free to message me regarding any finance questions. Happy to help.

This chart from Part IV has some comparisons by regions (Bangkok excluded):

R9RBiKo.png

This was high season, however.

Comparing cities might be more subjective from person to person, based on quality of hotels, and I, for example, enjoy the performing cultural arts in Metro Manila.

So meticulous and efficient. Sometimes I wish life was a spreadsheet.

I use a similar system to track my expenses and investments when I'm at home but I feel like trying to do anything abroad would take me out of the moment a little.

Do you think the price disparity in accommodation between BBK and the Philippines is going to last?

Health & Fitness Information Repository

Feel free to message me regarding any finance questions. Happy to help.

So meticulous and efficient. Sometimes I wish life was a spreadsheet.

I use a similar system to track my expenses and investments when I'm at home but I feel like trying to do anything abroad would take me out of the moment a little.

Do you think the price disparity in accommodation between BBK and the Philippines is going to last?

Google Docs and Spreadsheets has certainly made this a lot easier, especially with being able to simply enter data into the Sheets App on mobile devices. I'm using the same template file I designed in 2013, so it's all pretty much data entry and not a lot of time during and after the trip.

As to your second question, nobody knows the answers to questions like that.

I use a similar system to track my expenses and investments when I'm at home

I have detailed sheets for home expenses as well.

Here's my lifetime retirement planning summary:

[Removed; PM]

ruay: I find your spreadsheets extraordinary. Do you have a column that records your level of enjoyment?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ruay the auditor! What was the girl like on May 20 in pattaya-

According to my logs, I had three girls on May 20th.

ส้ม, in the early morning, who I knew from the past and she came to my room;  หญิง, from Club 007, whom I was also with the previous day on the 19th, and finally, บี from เซ็นเสชน (Sensations), who I did twice, once at night, and once in the morning.

See log below:

สตรี - พฤษภาคม 2558 (May-2015)

P10, T14 - 5/20 - ส้ม - 1.5
  • C - LES
P10, T15 - 5/20 - หญิง - 1.0
  • คลับ-๐๐๗ (from 5/19)
  • C - LES
P11, T16 - 5/20- บี - 1.5+2.0+TJS
  • เซ็นเสชน
  • สองครัง ตอนเช้าด้วย
  • C - Trust, 004

According to my logs, I had three girls on May 20th.

Do you actually have any time left to enjoy yourself ... ?  :GoldenSmile1:

Do you actually have any time left to enjoy yourself ... ?  :GoldenSmile1:

On May 20th, three girls in the time span of 24 hours, yes.

Archived