IGNORED

Electric Bicycles ?

dragonrider

Are there any places that sell electric bicycles in Pattaya ?

http://www.citecycles.com/ATE-501.php

Looks like they are made in China, so it's not a Canadian thing.

Seems like a good alternative to buying a 125cc scooter.

The only electric bikes I have seen in Pattaya are 20k chinese models which look like ladies bikes with a car battery attached.

Surely a used 125cc scooter is a better bet, plus as many people live in condos, where do you charged the dame thing.

I got one for the TGF. Third road shop has them as well as near Big C on Sukumvit. No licence required and as we have a house easy to recharge. I have a scooter as well but TGF prefers bicycle as easier to drive,Also makes no noise. For getting around our housing estate it is perfect. S eats 2 (small ) persons. Her kids use it to get to the community pool. A lot less maintaining as well.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

• 4 weeks later...

A scooter with a petrol driven engine adds a layer of security by adding noise. I find it quite dangerous to ride on a scooter or bike that doesn't produce any noise. 

A scooter with a petrol driven engine adds a layer of security by adding noise. I find it quite dangerous to ride on a scooter or bike that doesn't produce any noise

I see your point. However you are assuming you can hear above the Thai kids with sound systems that would outdo a rock band in concert .Better to have so much noise so you can t hear those pesky emergency vehicles. They are bicycles. You can pedal them I suppose you  ride them with your finger on the horn (which they have) or a bell but it won't be safer because sooner or later a Thai motorist will kick the shit out of you for making noise.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

A scooter with a petrol driven engine adds a layer of security by adding noise. I find it quite dangerous to ride on a scooter or bike that doesn't produce any noise. 

My experience as well . Sometimes drove the wive's Toyoya Prius back in Holland and more than once had an encounter with a cyclist

that didn't hear me coming .Never had that problem with my Subary STi that produced more db than an F16 jet fighter ... 555 . 

Archived