IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi - Pattays Taxi Services

mico76

Bro, stick with tried and true, Mr T, Tan, or Nam. All featured in this section.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Most likely going to take the Bell bus as before.. was just wondering are these taxis offering cheaper prices any good.

Stick with Mr T you're unlikely to go wrong

I always used Mr T and they were ok, different driver ever time and so some trips were a little scarier  than others but I used Nam on my last trip in May and have booked her again for October and cannot recommend her highly enough.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

I always used Mr T and they were ok, different driver ever time and so some trips were a little scarier  than others but I used Nam on my last trip in May and have booked her again for October and cannot recommend her highly enough.

Go to agree.  Had some scary trips with Mr T's drivers.  Nam was great on my last trip and have already booked her for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

.. members might find useful a list of forum member recommended WOMEN-OWNED AND OPERATED TAXI services  .. http://www.pattaya-a...nded/?p=2962859

.. if you've not travelled here often, you would do well to select women drivers, rather than the men .. a number of threads on the forum highlight the quality of their services and preferences by forum members.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

.. members might find useful a list of forum member recommended WOMEN-OWNED AND OPERATED TAXI services  .. http://www.pattaya-a...nded/?p=2962859

.. if you've not travelled here often, you would do well to select women drivers, rather than the men .. a number of threads on the forum highlight the quality of their services and preferences by forum members.

.. not pre-booking a ride is still pretty common amongst visitors .. taking a brokered, or a street-side taxi is not a problem, until it is a problem.

.. my opinion, living here since 2000? .. it generally takes time for visitors doing touch-and-goes here to fully gauge that the cost of failure in Thailand (at many levels) is easily far, far greater than back home.

.. bad shit is not confined to the bar gurls, the risks about whom I am sure you do know .. or, the risk of being in a road accident and in need of emergency hospital treatment .. or, raising your voice into a gaggle of aggressive Lady boys .. or, being unsuspectedly caught at breakfast by the BIB without your passport .. and then, you find religion .. it is nothing like back home .. nothing.

.. when the dice roll unlucky (and taxi brokers are a gamble, simply speaking), and it does happen to you, it can be bloody nightmarish, finding yourself in the backseat of some boorish suicide monkey's car, in the middle of nowhere, at night, speaking little/no Thai, with no one to call and no way out .. the situation is widely known by most anyone who lives here, or travels here frequently.

.. until these women-owned businesses opened, I always used Mr. 'T' and PT Taxi .. I am local enough to deal with the occasional asshole I was sent, but still a decidedly unpleasant experience that always left me pissed-off enough to fucking strangle kittens.

.. Mr. 'T' and PT Taxi have a phone, an e-address and a list of names, which they use to broker drivers only, many of whom are responsible drivers .. but, they have little/no control over who they are sending out, and zero control over what they do .. they are to taxi brokers a commission only.

.. give one of the lady services a try .. I guess lady drivers are not for everyone, but I offer them up as another choice, and good, sure choices here in Thailand are valuable .. these ladies will earn your patronage .. why risk waiting about for an eventuality that will ruin the beginning, or end of your holiday? .. really.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Keep it up Brutox keep it up theres a good lad

Archived