IGNORED

death of a salesman,question about disposition of foreigner's body in Thailand

What is the general proceedure on death of an American citizen in Thailand ? Does it differ in different cities in Thailand? Can I request an autopsy NOT be done and arrange to have body set in a like 32F environment till Alcor from Phoenix arrives to get my body? Where would be the best place for me to die and be sure NOT to get any autopsy and have my body kept at near freezing temperature.
Do the people handling this speak English? What is their email address?

You would need to contact ALCOR about that.

Not sure what their overseas policy is.

Better get a medical bracelet with "Do not Slice & Dice"

and best to get that in Thai and English with a contact number

for someone to call in case you die.

Thats the best I can think of.

oh yeah.  Get with the owner of the Ice Bar on Walking Street and tell them you might want to

rent a bar stool long term...555555

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

What is the general proceedure on death of an American citizen in Thailand ?

The procedure usually involves someone stopping breathing

Does it differ in different cities in Thailand?

I don’t think so.

Can I request an autopsy NOT be done and arrange to have body set in a like 32F environment till Alcor from Phoenix arrives to get my body? 

Most corpses have a little difficultly in speaking, but no harm in trying.

Where would be the best place for me to die and be sure NOT to get any autopsy and have my body kept at near freezing temperature.

A deep snow hole at the North Pole. (Be sure not to tell anyone as to where you're heading).

autopsy is compulsory for any westerner who dies in thailand .  :GoldenSmile1:

what ever arrangements you make for storage and transport of the corpse will be hit and miss on the thai side . 

This has to be one of the strangest questions I've ever seen posted here.   :huh:

Good place to start your research is with the information about this very subject on the US Embassy Bangkok website.   :Think1:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/death-of-a-us-citizen.html

If you're intending on coming to Thailand to jump off a condo balcony, I suppose you can make prior arrangements regarding your remains.   :WinkGrin1:  I wouldn't be too confident about getting frozen and shipped back to the US unless you made specific plans for this beforehand with a US and a Thai funeral director (and had the money already allocated), and the Embassy knew beforehand of your wishes. Standard procedure seems to be for an autopsy in any non-natural death, and for embalming prior to shipment out of the country.

http://thailand.angloinfo.com/healthcare/death-dying/

Archived