IGNORED

Getting from North Pattaya bus station to Soi Buakhao

ghafarbaba

I am thinking of taking the Bell bus from Don Muang to Pattaya. 

How do I get a baht bus from the North Pattaya station to Buakhao?  Do I get onto one of the baht buses waiting for passengers at the station?  Or do I walk out to the main road to hail an empty bus? 

Any idea what is the fare from North Pattaya to Buakhao?

Cheers.

There is no baht bus route outside the station. You would have to walk to fairtex gym.

Baht bus inside terminal is preferable - 50 to 100 baht max

I thought the Bellbus service as at http://www.belltravelservice.com have a minibus that takes you from the bus station to your hotel?

I hope so because I was thinking of saving myself a few baht and using the bus instead of taxi next trip....

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

The (few) times I used Bell there has been a number of mini busses lined up at the bus station which, after the sometimes chaotic transfer, took the passengers to their respective hotel/condo

The Bell Don Muang service does not include a hotel transfer to or from the bus terminal. You are on your own, thus the question from the OP. With only my backpack as luggage, I was able to use a bike taxi. If you have big luggage then a regular taxi may be the best solution. I'm not sure about the bhat bus options myself.

Taking baht bus on its normal route, would mean changing 3-4 times.

1 from North to Beach

2. From beach to Pattaya Tai

3. From Pattaya Tai to Soi Buakhao cross Pattaya Tai

4. Change again

Baht bus on private route from bus station would be minimum 150 max 250 depending on where in Soi Bukhao. Central 150, South 250

If your bag is NOT too big, take motorbike taxi, will be 100-120 baht

The baht buses that run from the bus station into Pattaya are supposed to charge 20 baht for Beach Road but have been charging 30 baht for ages now.  They will take you to your hotel but you have to negotiate with the driver as to how much, don`t think it will cost as much as a taxi.  All depends on how much luggage you have to carry but you can also take baht bus along Sukhumvit ( white colour one ) for ten baht to Pattaya Klang, cross the footbridge there and get another bus down Klang to Soi Buahkao and a seperate one to the hotel from there, all depends on where your hotel is on that Soi. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I expect to pay about B60, for the song-thaew from the bus-station, to my guesthouse on Soi Buakow/Chaiyapoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect to pay about B60, for the song-thaew from the bus-station, to my guesthouse on Soi Buakow/Chaiyapoon.

Expect all you like but I'd be surprised if you paid less than 100 baht!

I took a bb from bus station to Soi Honey recently.....30 baht. The driver asked all passengers what their destination was,and dropped them all off  in sequence as he weaved his way down some backstreets to Third Road,then Soi BK,Soi Honey and was heading for Beach Road when I bailed out. Each destination was quoted a different fare,and I think the prices pleased everybody,driver included. Only one couple,laden with suitcases,refused to pay their few baht to Soi VC,and tried negotiating with other drivers,who all turned them down. I think they believed a baht bus was 10 baht and so refused to pay anything higher!

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

A bike from LK Metro area to the bus terminal is 80B. I don't think that the Don Muang service is profitable for Bell. I used it the other day and was the only passenger in a huge bus. If they also included minivan transfers, it would be totally in the red.

Expect all you like but I'd be surprised if you paid less than 100 baht!

Based on March 2015 experience, but then I'm a resident-in-Thailand expat, not a 10-day-millionnaire tourist.

I go to BKK at least once a month.

Motocy from Pattaya 3 Rd at Soi Bongkot to the bus station = 60 B

From bus station back it's 70 B or 80 B.

Last year I was once quoted 100 B so I took the Baht Bus who asked a modest 50 B though it was a bit out of his normal milk run.

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different

5small.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Based on March 2015 experience, but then I'm a resident-in-Thailand expat, not a 10-day-millionnaire tourist.

So I'm surprised, so what!? Tosser

Oh and by the way the phrase is "two week millionaire" if you are going to try and insult me, at least get it right.

i would take a motor bike taxi if your case is small as the mini buses take forever and if your the last drop off its a shit load of time you are wasting when you could be mongering..............

Archived