IGNORED

Hotel booking on booking websites?

chang beer

Hi. Iooked for it but can't figure this out. On a hotel booking sites,you're supposed to book a room for period of time and pay using a credit card.

Can you book online of course using your credit card to hold the room, and pay for it in CASH when you arrive? 

thanx

chang beer

Most booking sites will require your card details as a security for a no show when you will be subsequently charged for the first night if this happens. It should be possible to pay in cash on arrival but you will almost certainly be required to present a card to cover other costs you may incur.

you can get some great deals on Agoda.

they sell capacity so when hotels have low occupancy they can be sold off very cheap 

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

When I was last in Pattaya and was heading to Manila my buddy wanted to go to

P Burgos so I called the best western hotel and asked for the rate, she said

$106.00 a night so I checked on Agoda it was

$50.00 so I call the hotel and asked if this was right and she said yes sir if you use Agoda it's $50.00 plus tax, I booked through Agoda and it worked great, I may use them again. But I'm not sure I still understand the whole thing?

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

Hi. Iooked for it but can't figure this out. On a hotel booking sites,you're supposed to book a room for period of time and pay using a credit card.

Can you book online of course using your credit card to hold the room, and pay for it in CASH when you arrive? 

thanx

chang beer

Yes I booked Sabai Wing last time through Agoda and paid upon arrival, I have also booked with Booking.com and payed by PayPal before arriving, I suggest you check the terms and conditions on whatever site you book from, be particularly careful of the change / cancellation policies.

• 2 weeks later...

Far easier to Email Reservations and pay on arrival. Just ensure you dont let them down and fail to show

I use Booking.com frequently, and I've never paid on arrival. They do take my credit card info when I book so they can charge one night in case I don't show, but there is no charge to my account if I show up as arranged until I check out, whether it's for a one night stay or a month.

When I was last in Pattaya and was heading to Manila my buddy wanted to go to

P Burgos so I called the best western hotel and asked for the rate, she said

$106.00 a night so I checked on Agoda it was

$50.00 so I call the hotel and asked if this was right and she said yes sir if you use Agoda it's $50.00 plus tax, I booked through Agoda and it worked great, I may use them again. But I'm not sure I still understand the whole thing?

Most hotels have s strange policy regarding this . They also have to pay about 22% to Agoda for every booking made through there . 

As a hotel manager i would be happy to give people the rate they have seen on Agoda and it's 22% in the pocket . With all the apps 

and shit on computers and phones this info is so easy to get that almost no one pays the walk in rate anymore . 

Most hotels have s strange policy regarding this . They also have to pay about 22% to Agoda for every booking made through there .

As a hotel manager i would be happy to give people the rate they have seen on Agoda and it's 22% in the pocket . With all the apps

and shit on computers and phones this info is so easy to get that almost no one pays the walk in rate anymore .

Thanks but still don't make sense, agree collect the 22% in pocket.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

Different web sites have different methods.

Most hotels on Agoda you pay in advance and get a voucher. Other places (mostly outside Asia) when I booked on Agoda I ended up with a confirmation e-mail from Booking.com saying it is a sister site and they just gave me a reservation number and "pay at the hotel."

If you prefer to pay at the hotel use Booking.com. Or try making a reservation directly with the hotel. Some hotels give you a cheaper rate if you pay in advance. 

Archived