IGNORED

Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F (Unlock)

chelseafan

Are those geniuses at Tukcom able to unlock this phone yet ? I am on 3 network and would like to use the phone in LOS.

Are those geniuses at Tukcom able to unlock this phone yet ? I am on 3 network and would like to use the phone in LOS.

Why on earth Samsung decided to region lock phones is so beyond me. If you are past your contract 3 will unlock the phone so you can use any carrier you like BUT they are still bloody region locked.

Have a look at these links I hope they help.

How to remove Samsung's region lock

Comments from Ubergizmo

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Thanks Para

Unfortunately I am in contract so my network provider won't give me the codes unless I pay the contract in full

I've taken the plunge and decided to use an online unlock service.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Para

Unfortunately I am in contract so my network provider won't give me the codes unless I pay the contract in full

I've taken the plunge and decided to use an online unlock service.

How did it go?

Heard the Note 5 wont be released in Europe as Samsung are concentrating on the US and Asian markets. Seriously pi$$ed off my contract is up next week was looking to get the Note 5.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Unless I didn't follow the instructions correctly (likely) it didn't work but popped down to tukcom and they had it unlocked in 45 minutes for 500 baht

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't rush into the note 5 I seem to recall that there were some bad reviews

so now phones are region locked AND network locked  ??.. :Anger8:

:22600584-Th:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Yep.​ Makes sense to buy an unlocked phone with no contract especially if you travel overseas a lot

Unless I didn't follow the instructions correctly (likely) it didn't work but popped down to tukcom and they had it unlocked in 45 minutes for 500 baht

Result!

so now phones are region locked AND network locked  ??.. :Anger8:

:22600584-Th:

Samsung started doing it a while back. As I understand it they lock to 3 regions, Americas/Europe/Asia. The deal is the very first call has to be made from the region the phone was made for after that you can swap a different regions SIM in. Guess they are looking at ways to stop grey imports???

I wouldn't rush into the note 5 I seem to recall that there were some bad reviews

It wont be released in Europe till the New Year so my only choice of a big screen is a S6+. Found a place on-line doing them for £580 which isnt bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought my Note 5 64GB on Lazada.co.th and it is SIM and region unlocked.

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

Bought my Note 5 64GB on Lazada.co.th and it is SIM and region unlocked.

Kurt

How much?

Sorry lazy for checking. So about £540 pretty much in line with the difference with the S6+ edge.

I called up my carrier and told them I wanted to go overseas and so needed the unlock code and they gave it to me.

I called up my carrier and told them I wanted to go overseas and so needed the unlock code and they gave it to me.

You had a result as carriers normally only give unlock codes out at the end of a contract.

Archived