IGNORED

Sim card changes

pedro137

Don't forget mandatory card registration starts in just a few days, have you got YOURS registered

Don't forget mandatory card registration starts in just a few days, have you got YOURS registered

Nope and never will. A whole load of piss and wind that sends dumb farangs scurrying to comply.

I bet my number is still active 12 months from now.

my sim f£$%ed up two years ago,to replace it AIS needed to see a copy of my passport...maybe it was a sign of things to come so im thinking mine will still be active...don't know till I get there

Have had my AIS number for over five years, got a call three days ago telling me I was required to register by the end of the month or it would be disconnected.

Went to AIS shop yesterday to complete the process and was issued with a new SIM, same number.

I think this is legit and a few naysayers are going to get a surprise when their phone is cut off and they lose their numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope and never will. A whole load of piss and wind that sends dumb farangs scurrying to comply.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but calling people dumb for complying with the laws of a country is wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but calling people dumb for complying with the laws of a country is wrong.

Really? And yet in Victoria, Australia, only a qualified electrician is allowed "by law" to change a light bulb?

That's not dumb in your opinion?

Have had my AIS number for over five years, got a call three days ago telling me I was required to register by the end of the month or it would be disconnected.

Went to AIS shop yesterday to complete the process and was issued with a new SIM, same number.

I think this is legit and a few naysayers are going to get a surprise when their phone is cut off and they lose their numbers.

Yes it appears that they are going to implement this. I had to get a new SIM earlier this week even though I registered years ago. They wanted to see my passport again.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Lol the girls will wonder whats happened to all their teeraks

had my sim for many years , got several calls from weird numbers for the past 5 days at early noon , never answered , won't registered either

I rearly use phone for calling , just make sure u have "LINE application ID" and take use of the wifi

Yes I am told that is all you need as that is how mine is registered too, waiting with baited breath.

Yes it appears that they are going to implement this. I had to get a new SIM earlier this week even though I registered years ago. They wanted to see my passport again.

I do not know why you had to get a new sim, I just took my phone and passport to the AIS shop in central festival back in June and the your lady completed the process in two minutes (Much like my ST lol) I am not back until October but am optimistic my phone should still work but TIT so I will see when I get there.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

So, how does it work now? Till last time you could simply land in BKK, get a new SIM card and use if for a a couple of weeks. Now it's just a matter of showing them my passport and that's it...or it got more complicated?

So, how does it work now? Till last time you could simply land in BKK, get a new SIM card and use if for a a couple of weeks. Now it's just a matter of showing them my passport and that's it...or it got more complicated?

I picked up a SIM at the airport a few weeks ago. They had to see my passport to register the card to my passport details.

Nothing else.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I picked up a SIM at the airport a few weeks ago. They had to see my passport to register the card to my passport details.

Nothing else.

thanks. Not a big deal then

I do not know why you had to get a new sim, I just took my phone and passport to the AIS shop in central festival back in June and the your lady completed the process in two minutes (Much like my ST lol) I am not back until October but am optimistic my phone should still work but TIT so I will see when I get there.

A friend has had the same SIM for years - he just uses a crappy old Motorola phone.

When he went to register they changed his SIM as well though kept same number. Guess it's to do with how old it is?

They said something about him being able to use the internet if he changed his phone.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Sits back, grabs popcorn, and takes note of this for the inevitable claim-chowder moment...

LOL. Indeed.

For once there's a government in place that actually pushed to enforce laws, and and yes, rude awakening for some naysayers, and clinically paranoid folks in a couple of days.

This will be bound to be fun.

thanks. Not a big deal then

It is not if you are just getting a new one but it will may be awkward for those who are not in the country and expect their phone to work (while keeping the same number) when they arrive.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Or the ones in the country, but adamantly refusing to comply with a simple requirement.

If you do not register your SIM card, the card will remain "active" hereafter to receive messages, calls and emergency calls. The number will be disconnected. From the card will not call and use data.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Really? And yet in Victoria, Australia, only a qualified electrician is allowed "by law" to change a light bulb?

That's not dumb in your opinion?

I believe if you looked into that a bit further you would find it is only relevant to temporary/portable power supply on construction sites! Once the site is handed over and it falls under maintenance, the employee would have to be trained and signed on too the relevant SHWMS as a record that he is not a complete Muppet! As far as domestic dwelling go ur dreaming!..

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Supposedly extended for a month but my True Intersim has died.  I already had another registered so wasn't bothered but clearly you register or lose

True Sim had credit and was still within validity period. Register promptly or lose

Archived