Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying Car - New or Second

xerive

Hello all,

Ideally talking here to fellow expats in the area (pattaya)

Looking to buy a car.

Have about 300k-400k to put down for one new (can do more but i don't want to) and then finance.

Alternatively I may look at a second hand car.

Anybody hear of any good deals going on at the moment? perhaps you have just been looking also and come across some good dealership deals going on?  I know next to nothing regarding the car market in Pattaya.

Thanks

second hand cars are comparatively expensive because of the cheap repairs and maintenance.

new or second hand really depends on your mindset, do you want to show off or save money?

if you want to save money, a ten year old second hand is the way to go, for about 200k you get a decent car.

The second hand values appear to have crashed ovrr the past year or so.....before that most would have said buy new.

Look on Baht Sold to get an idea.

Are you sure you can get finance.....got a WP presumably?

The second hand values appear to have crashed ovrr the past year or so.....before that most would have said buy new.

Look on Baht Sold to get an idea.

Are you sure you can get finance.....got a WP presumably?

You can if you put the car in the Thai girlfriends name lol

Good idea....now why didn't I think of that?   Think2.jpg

Not true! I got a new car in my name on finance. I did not have a work permit. A Thai had to co-sign with me but she had no income.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Not true! I got a new car in my name on finance. I did not have a work permit. A Thai had to co-sign with me but she had no income.

Do you mean it was registered in your name from the start, or do you mean you got the finance agreement in your name ?

I bought a truck once which the owner had taken a loan against and the finance company had the log book and had registered it in their name.

Is that how finance agreements on new cars works i.e. they hold it and you don't get your name in the blue book until it's paid for ?

Do you mean it was registered in your name from the start, or do you mean you got the finance agreement in your name ?

I bought a truck once which the owner had taken a loan against and the finance company had the log book and had registered it in their name.

Is that how finance agreements on new cars works i.e. they hold it and you don't get your name in the blue book until it's paid for ?

Correct..

Why is it not true?

You can put the car in your Thai girlfriends name if you wish

In feb I bought a second hand Almera just 10 months old-over 2 years warranty/breakdown recovery left on it-with 16K on the clock and saved 160,000 baht on the list price when new,great car and no probs so far :GoldenSmile1:

Why is it not true?

The way your wrote implies that it can only be done if put in a Thai persons name.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Why is it not true?

Of course it's true...I assumed that your TGF post was intended as humour (?) but Scummy doesn't do that.

I think he was obliquely responding to my post but didn't want to quote it, just as he's not answering my subsequent question re' registration.   :Think1:

Of course it's true...I assumed that your TGF post was intended as humour (?) but Scummy doesn't do that.

I think he was obliquely responding to my post but didn't want to quote it, just as he's not answering my subsequent question re' registration.   :Think1:

Get over yourself!

Thai Tech Trader had already answered it and I have been busy getting ready to go back to work. I will add to his reply to say that I believe the first entry in the book notes that the bank had an interest and my name is in the first entry.

Thai Tech Trader had already answered it and I have been busy getting ready to go back to work. I will add to his reply to say that I believe the first entry in the book notes that the bank had an interest and my name is in the first entry.

Yes I saw TTT's confirmation that what I surmised was correct thanks.

Obviously I thought that your post saying "Not true! I got a new car in my name on finance." could be misconstrued and that clarification would be better coming from the writer.

Didn't get why you jumped on Pheat's quip about putting it in TGF's name.  

I always put car purchases in my Thai girlfriends name

My Thai girlfriend told me Tourist can not own car in Thailand same same as Tourist can not own land

My Thai girlfriend told me Tourist can not own car in Thailand same same as Tourist can not own land

Rubbish,you can own a car............... but not land  :Think1:

Did she get demoted or is that the Mia Noi ?   :GoldenSmile1: 

A bloke from Norway has just started to sponsor my Thai wifes 25 year old sister ................

Did she get demoted or is that the Mia Noi ?   :GoldenSmile1: 

Oops.

Oops.

Think he's in wind up mode....you have competition.  

Think he's in wind up mode....you have competition.

Pa-lease.

No one in my league.

Pa-lease.

No one in my league.

I suppose beating you at it would be quite a feat.......

........or in this case a pheat.   :hello09:

I suppose beating you at it would be quite a feat.......

........or in this case a pheat.   :hello09:

Or two feets.

Rubbish,you can own a car............... but not land  :Think1:

No No

My Thai girlfriend / wife never lie to me

They both tell me they lie they die

Archived