Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dusit thani pattaya guest friendly? Joiner fee?

donotkickme

I will be staying at dusit thani for 4 days and was wondering if they do joiner fee? I heard most 5 stars arnt guest friendly but was wondering if they do joiner fee? How much would they be? If their polocy is no... are there any other options for me? This booking is no refund unfortunately... any advices???

Anything would be appreciated my fellow brethrens!!!

You are right that most (but not all eg Marriott 2nd rd) higher end hotels require a joiner fee.The best way to be sure is to e-mail/phone the hotel direct

I have never stayed in Dusit Thani before. It is a well know family hotel. NOT girl friendly and charge 1000THB joiner. Not many BMs here stayed there. I have no idea if thay have changed their policy or not (Hilton Pattaya charged joiner before and now they don't).

What other options are there? You already paid. So, you could:

1. Don't be "shy". Send the hotel a e-mail to ask.

2. If they charge, just pay. It is just 1000THB. If you use the short time room outside, it still cost you a few hundred THB.

3. If you worry your hotel bill will show "1000 joiner fee". Hahaha! You don't need to. Years ago, I stayed in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok and I thought it was girl friendly. But it wasn't when I took my girl back. The front desk asked me to sign a piece of paper. My hotel bill shown something like "special fee" or "other fee".

If you like to stay in North Pattaya. Stay in Holiday Inn next time. It is 5 star and girl friendly. It is few minutes walk from Dusit Thani

Ask them and if they  say no ask to cancel. Tell them it was a mistake. If they refuse ask them if the joiner fees include ladyboys, other men etc. They will gladly cancel.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

If you have booked a room for 2 and they say no then tell them, "look i have paid for a room for 2, it does not say anywhere that the second person has to be my wife or partner, i request a refund or a pertinent reason (that is mentioned on the booking site) why you are unable to allow my chosen second person or persons without a fee, please note that neither your listed "Site Resort Policies" or "importance Notice" section on the booking site show this "joiner fee" policy at any place or stage of the booking, failure to refund and cancel my booking will result in me getting my credit card to reimburse me due to breach of contract, negative reports on travel sites and a complaint to head office will then follow. Thank you for your time and looking forward to a swift reply, sincerely ..."

Stayed at Dusit some 4/5 years ago and the joiner fee was 1000 bt per girl. Not sure of the current rules there

All right everythings been sorted out. i emailed them and they told me that it is 1000 -net/person/night. so im assuming as long as that person stays with me over a night it's 1000 bhat. not bad i guess hahaha

All right everythings been sorted out. i emailed them and they told me that it is 1000 -net/person/night. so im assuming as long as that person stays with me over a night it's 1000 bhat. not bad i guess hahaha

If you booked a room for 2 (most but not all are for 2, see your booking details)  at X price and they are charging X plus 1000 baht because the second person is a "barfine" they have broken their contract as this is not in their terms and conditions.

If your booking shows you have booked a room for 1 then that extra 1000 baht is within their prerogative i suppose.

If you booked a room for 2 (most but not all are for 2, see your booking details) at X price and they are charging X plus 1000 baht because the second person is a "barfine" they have broken their contract as this is not in their terms and conditions.

If your booking shows you have booked a room for 1 then that extra 1000 baht is within their prerogative i suppose.

The joiner fee is applied to the "non-register" guest. Even you book 2 people in a non girlfriendly hotel, you have to register your "barfine" as a hotel guest to avoid the 1000 THB. I don't think you want to do that. She could bring her friends, co-workers, and family to eat in the hotel restaurants and charge it to your room next day.

You may ask what if you register your "barfine", check her out the next day. Register another "barfine" that night and check her out again. Keep doing that until you check out. Then, you could totally avoid the joiner fees. I have never done that, and I wish BM report back if they have sucessfully done that with the non girlfriendly hotels.

Best way to avoid the joiner fee is stay in a girl friendly hotel.

I have stayed in Dusit Thani Patts with my wife and son - would not stay there for mongering. It is definitely a famiy hotel and does not encourage single males.

Totally unrelated, but I have stayed with family in the next - door Amari hotel also. It has no direct beach access but the pool bar has the best hamburger in the Galaxy and elsewhere!

I'd stay there again, alone for the burger,

Up the road there ae enough bars within 200 meters walk to find yourself a GF. With wifey and son I could not explore though,

Archived