IGNORED

Girls, girls, too many girls.

PattayaPete

I could easily have titled this post guys, guys, too many guys as we currently seem to suffer from both problems.

431299-1.jpg

Sometimes it is really difficult to get a Thai girl to do what you want. In the case of the Beer Garden I want the girls to come in early, particularly in the afternoon. The reality is that the girls have decided they will come in at night particularly after 9 pm. In fact they have been coming in in such numbers after 9 pm that we often have a 5 or even 10 to 1 ratio of girls to guys at that time. Meanwhile in the afternoon there are lots of guys chillin' but not so many lookin'.

One thing I have learned over the years in Pattaya is that people will do what they want to do and there is not much I can do about that. So guys, all I can say is if you are lookin' then the best lookin' time is after 9 pm. I have been telling the girls that the best lookin' times for them are earlier and it is starting to have some impact with some of the late girls appearing by 7 pm or even 6 pm.

I must say the late night girls are a pretty classy bunch. None of your beach scrubbers here. They are usually well dressed, speak good English and in the main are attractive as well. Knowing I'd be writing this blog today, I got the Pope (our trainee manager) to snap a few pics of some of the girls last night. These two in particular were quite intriguing.

431299-2.jpg

You may remember a few moths ago I posted a pic of a girl reading the newspaper. Well here is another first, with one of the girls reading a book while awaiting to be swept off her feet. It's a real book to, not some comic.

431299-3.jpg

Here she is again. Can you make out the title of the book. It sure gave me a laugh. If you can't quite make it out keep reading and I'll enlighten you.

A few more of last nights visitors.

431299-4.jpg

431299-5.jpg

431299-6.jpg

431299-7.jpg

431299-8.jpg

431299-9.jpg

Did you figure out the title of the book. Here's a close up to help . . .

431299-10.jpg

You just have to love it. Two week millionaires beware!

The feedback we get at the Pattaya Beer Garden has been really terrific and comments received by email and around the Pattaya Forums has been very encouraging. However among the many positive reviews we do get the occasional brickbat. An Australian gentleman posted on one of the forums that he was served a warm beer in the Beer Garden. Now if you know anything about Australians you will know that they have zero tolerance for warm beer and indeed this guy posted that he left promptly and will never return.

It is particularly galling to get a comment like this when we go to a lot of trouble to make sure that the beer is cold. If you have been following this blog you will know of my bad experience with fridges in Thailand, even the industrial strength ones we have in the Beer Garden. They just do not consistently keep the beer cold enough. That's why we installed the six large chilly bins which is where the beer is kept, covered in ice, prior to being served to our customers. Actually it was an Australian who recommended the system as it keeps beer at exactly the right temperature (bloody cold mate) without freezing it.

We sell a lot of beer and to ensure they are served just right we go through a process. At close of business each day the chilli bins are filled with beer and ice. The beer is taken from our fridges and the fridges are restocked from the store room. Then when we open in the morning the ice is topped up in the chilli bins. The bins have a capacity of over 600 bottles but we sell more than that in one day so they need to be topped up again at 6 pm. They are only topped up with bottles from the fridges which have been chilling from the night before. We do not turn the fridges off when we are closed like most bars.

431299-11.jpg

From the store room

431299-12.jpg

to the fridges

431299-13.jpg

to the chilli bins

431299-14.jpg

and finally out to the customer.

So what went wrong with the Australian gentleman's beer. As he did not complain at the time it really is impossible to say. If he had complained he would have received another and it would have been "bloody cold" mate. I know that complaints are often not dealt with well in Pattaya bars and people with experience will generally vote with their feet rather than going through all the crap a defensive Thai manager can throw at them. We try hard but I guess we will never get it perfect 100% of the time, so I've decided to provide a written guarantee that will be posted prominently in the bar.

431299-15.jpg

You have my assurance that every effort is made to serve your drink perfectly. If we come up short, please do not hesitate to complain. You won't cop a lot of grief and we will fix the problem!

The new double sided, chillin' or lookin' beer mats have proved to be quite a hit. At first the girls were a bit taken back by them and when asked, often wanted the red side. It's been fun watching them discuss the idea amongst themselves and then surreptitiously flip them to the green side once they get comfortable with the idea. People have found many uses for them, including turning them into ear rings, attaching them to the forehead or just flashing the green side at likely looking candidates. Maybe we should offer a prize for most creative use.

431299-16.jpg

Finally I'd like to introduce you to my current hero.

431299-17.jpg

This is Des from New Zealand. Des is 83 years old and travels alone to Thailand twice a year. He's been quite a hit with the girls, no doubt helped by a generous inclination to buy lots of drinks for attractive ladies. He is often flanked by four or five beauties and appears to be having a ball. His wife is 81 and prefers to stay at home and enjoy the quiet life in New Zealand. I did ask him what she did while he was a way and with a twinkle in his eye he said "don't know, don't care". If I have half the energy Des does when I'm in my eighties I'll be a very happy man indeed.

See ya in the beer garden.

Pete

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Good on ya Pete, great thread.

Mate, your always going to get the odd dickhead who is going to say the beer ain't cold enough, i for one personally will only drink it ice cold and will insist on "San Miguel Lite Yen yen krup "

See you at the end of the month for a coldie.

Edited by funkster67

" I like to live life like one big carnival, get drunk and act like an Animal "

When I was in your establishment, I had a great time, service was excellent food was top notch,my only complaint was I had to eventually go home, will definitely be back again.

Hey Pete that chick at the table with the four ladys, the one on the right in shorts and check top is cute mate!!

If she's a freelancer i'll be there no problems....................lol

Great post, Pete, even if it is promoting your bar, it shows obvious genuine concern. I've only managed to get by once, during an afternoon a couple of months ago, the staff were great, the location superb, had no problems with my beer and I'm a fussy b'stard! Only a handful of girls, I wasn't on the scout, but signals were that approaches would be worthwhile, even though it was fairly quiet. I wish you massive success, I know it's damn hard starting up a new business, so keep at it, seems you have 'jai dee' so you'll be alright :P

Any guys in Pattaya now, or visiting soon, give the place a look see, help a genuine guy like Pete out, no excuses as it's just before Walking Street!

Good update fella, hope business is good.......

With bar fines and economy you could be making, girls and guys happy...

Economy is spot on for you.. make a million fella :P

Have been in a few times this week Pete, always enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Have been in a few times this week Pete, always enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

are all these girls free lancers then? ive heard u are recently opened this yr and ive heard some good reviews, think u are located at the end of beach road at the start of walking st so will check it out in 2 weeks!

Looks great Pete. I was there a few times in April but it looks like it's really taking off now.

Just one thing mate......it's a bloody esky not a chilly bin :Puke2:

Great TR Pete...will be there in Nov...love the idea of the coasters. Have eaten there on my july trip & found the service fantastic & the food even better! I was surprised with how cheap the food was...have taken a few BG's there for dinner & they loved it as well.

This place will be rock'in at xmas!!!

My first visit to Patts next week and you are already on the top of my list

Done the virtual tour. Are you at the end of the Pier?

Great post Pete, I hope my sudden burst of laughter when I read the title of that book didn't wake my neighbors, that is classic. I have not been yet, but will be visiting you soon. I have a very special lady friend, only friend, looking for a good falang. She is gorgeous, and classy, but be careful guys, she is also smart, and selective.

Rick

are all these girls free lancers then? ive heard u are recently opened this yr and ive heard some good reviews, think u are located at the end of beach road at the start of walking st so will check it out in 2 weeks!

Yes, all the girls are freelancers. There are no hostesses, barfines or lady drinks at the Pattaya Beer Garden. Just meet and greet, drink or not and leave with her when you are ready. Yes we are just before Walking Street. You can see a map here.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Yes, all the girls are freelancers. There are no hostesses, barfines or lady drinks at the Pattaya Beer Garden. Just meet and greet, drink or not and leave with her when you are ready. Yes we are just before Walking Street. You can see a map here.

Looks on the map just down the road from my hotel [pattaya bay] ill be poppin in after nine for a few ,nice idea man. :Anger:

Pete

I will be in Patts from Oct 20th and will definitely drop in a few times for a drink and bite to eat.

My beer mat will be showing green.

Look forward to some good nosh.

Kick ass pics Pete cant wait to make my way there on Dec and Jan.

Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow... Arriba Arriba Cabrones!!!

Well, the beer looks cold. But I think I will Have to try several for myself to be sure. With a bit of luck Nov.

Good to hear all is still well with the business, looking forword to checking this place out again at songkran and meeting some of the ladys

cant wait to have a beer at your place pete, read a lot about it so i will be checking it out, im over on 8th dec so see you then :D

I had breakfast over there almost everyday I was in Patts, it was a really a good loaded american breakfast, everything I could eat. Great place to hang out, my favorite restaurant in Patts.

Well it is obvious that in Thailand there would be a considerable amount of heat gain resulting in the quick deterioration of temperatures that are being applied to our cold beer......So in fact I might suggest that if you can put Kosher salt on the ice it wont melt as fast...Not a lot you have to experiment with it...or use blocks.....................

babydollsaddict.gif