IGNORED

The Sportsman - Soi 13

First visit here.

A number of customers.

On first glance, fairly limited menu with prices a little on the high side.

A few things I'd usually eat I've already had elsewhere this trip so decide on pasta.

Macaroni with three cheeses and crispy bacon. Don't know if there were 3 cheeses but certainly no bacon, crispy or otherwise.

image.jpg

It came with 2 pieces of garlic bread which were burnt.

image.jpg

I also ordered the 'extra' salad bowl which was fine.

image.jpg

Service was somewhat eccentric.

250 baht for pasta. 80 baht for salad.

Won't be rushing back.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I am surprised, I have been going to Sportsman for years and never had a bad meal. My Thai lady also likes eating there.

You do pay a bit more for the ambience A/C etc

I remember I had breakfast there which was included with my visa run.The waitress slammed it on the table and left. Food wasn't great either.

It used to be better, maybe different chef?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I like the sportsman, maybe some meals are better than others but in general I rate the sportsman as my no hassle go to English style pub.

I thought one of the owners left or it was sold and the owner bought into Robins Nest on Soi Diana?

Yes Steve left and is now at Robins nest. Sportsman is decent food at higher prices. Would call the atmosphere as cozy.

Hi,

I mostly eat there a 'late breakfast' containing a 3 eggs omelet stuffed with ham and cheese (other fillings also possible) with baked patatos.  drink is a (free refill and very good) coffee.

Together that costs 190 Baht not too cheap but it fills up good and as said the atmosphere is ok.

Also popular with sports minded folks as many live sport events (including F1)  can be watched there on the various TV screens.

They have daily specials as well, I might try the Friday special with all you can eat pizza,pasta and salad for 199 Baht !

Maybe Im wrong but they seem to have had some staff changes recently as I know most of the staff who work there for years, saw some new faces and had some confusion with a new waitress about my free coffee refill (was quiclky sorted out by another waitress).

Cheers

T

P.S. I have no commercial or other interests in this establishment, it is just my personal opinion.

Not saying the sportsman inn is a bad or good place,but i think the food on the menu is a bit overrated,cant comment on the buffets/carvery cos i haven`t tried.

Liked the original Sportsmans on Soi 6 much more, used to have what I thought was the best breakfast anywhere in Pattaya.  Only eaten breakfast at the Soi 13 one a few times but happy with the food and the service there even if a little expensive.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Was very happy with the full English breakfast so will pop in for a proper lunch or dinner soon.

Big Mike.

I eat breakfast there about 3-4 times a week when in Pattaya since it's next door to my condo.  I fid breakfast toby very good and it's one of the few places that actually poaches eggs correctly.  Service can be cold as many of the girls have falang boyfriends and have some attitude.  As a regular the ones with the right attitude make sure that I am always given good service and I am friends with several of them.

Lunches and dinners are just OK for me.  I think it's more a situation of having eaten there so many times I just have no Desire to continue.  I do like the spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread.  And the bread in that photo above looks like the normal way they do it and it isn't bad to my taste.

I won't extol this place as where I'd go for dinner but for a pub style meal I find it fine.

some of their offers are good.

all day wed a burger n chips with a san miguel light is 150 bht...........

june 18 012 (Custom).JPG

it was ok rather than sensational but pretty good value

and friday 18 30 they have a pizza/pasta/salad etc buffet for 200 bht.......................and that is not only good value but tasty too

I was there last Friday and had their Italian Buffet and it was well worth every baht. Lot to choose from an tasty.

And there is an absolute stunner working in there too. ..

I like the sportsman for sports events, always was able to catch all the premiership games, even 3 or 4 at the same time when kick off was simultaneous.

Food isn't the best but it's ok, I preferred the sportsman pub in BKK

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

some of their offers are good.

all day wed a burger n chips with a san miguel light is 150 bht...........

attachicon.gifjune 18 012 (Custom).JPG

it was ok rather than sensational but pretty good value

and friday 18 30 they have a pizza/pasta/salad etc buffet for 200 bht.......................and that is not only good value but tasty too

That's not a bad deal with the beer included. It's Weds today, bye ......

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Thesunday roast is the best in town imo, h8wever I do have to agree withthe other comments the food can be expensive and not the best quality

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

• 4 months later...

been a price rise in the last couple of weeks.

friday pizza/pasta/salad etc has gone from 199 to 249, and i'm told the start  has been moved to the earlier time of 18.00

dec 4 021 (Custom).JPG

Archived