IGNORED

Good area to set base in Chiang Mai

Pattayafuntime

Hi

is there any specific area in Chiang Mai that I should be looking at for my holiday

Plan on staying for 3 weeks would like somewhere that isnt inconvenient for getting to anything I feel like doing.

Is there a specific land mark I should try staying near?

Anywhere around Loh kroh rd  is ok for getting about .

It is in the center of the bar area and only a short distance from the old city ,tut tuks are not expensive 

and will take you to most places.

For hotels check out  booking .com  { the area for loh kroh rd is Chang Khlan }

Hi

is there any specific area in Chiang Mai that I should be looking at for my holiday

Plan on staying for 3 weeks would like somewhere that isnt inconvenient for getting to anything I feel like doing.

Is there a specific land mark I should try staying near?

I always found the area around Tha Pae Gate pretty central.....just avoid it on occasions like the King or Queens birthday though as they can get a bit loud with the celebrations around the gate. Chiang Mai is pretty easy to get around especially if you hire a motor cycle.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

if you don't mind renting a m.cycle and riding 10 minutes then check out "galare thong condos" decent place to stay.

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

I'd stay just inside the old city area inside the moat probably.  Eastern half of it.  It feels the most like 'Chiang Mai' and is relatively quiet, with lots of scenic spots.

Loy Kroh has most of the tourist bars, but that's close enough from there; easy walking distance.

Several days and counting.

• 1 month later...

IMO three weeks vacation in Chiang Mai is to much - there is not that much to do here, bars close at 12 and no beach. Chiang Mai is a nice cheap town to make a living online without going crazy on spending, but not really a vacation spot imo.

I live in Chiang Mai, for what its worth :P

Archived