IGNORED

Discovery Beach Hotel

0scarfish

Well that makes it pretty clear. Thank you for sharing that. I will see if I can still find a hotel that is comparable that has rooms available. If not, at least I know what to expect and won't be taken by surprise when I get there. Wish I would have been a member of this forum before I made my reservations. So much great information here. Thanks again.

That is one of the major reasons I booked there is because of its location to Soi6... I will definitely scout other hotels when I am there for guest friendly for my next trip. I am sure this will not be my last vacation there, lol.

That is one of the major reasons I booked there is because of its location to soi6... I will definitely scout other hotels when I am there for guest friendly for my next trip. I am sure this will not be my last vacation there, lol.

What's the cancellation policy for the hotel? Personally I would cancel if it's not too bad i.e. one night fee for cancellation.

Then just book any guest friendly hotel that's centrally located

There's no reason to book because it's near Soi 6 etc. Pattaya is so easy to get around even if walking. You'll see once you get there.

If you can't cancel, still could be lucky as it seems they don't necessarily follow official policy there.

Let us know if this is true?

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

I am going to go ahead and keep my reservations at DB and see how it turns out. I am planning most of my activities to be ST at local establishments with maybe an occasional overnight LT. I will post my findings here about their joiner fee policies. Maybe I will get lucky, lol. Thanks to everyone here for all your input

Had a stay here in March this year for 3 nights. Took  a girl back 2 nights and was not charged a joiner fee.

• 1 month later...

Had a stay here in March this year for 3 nights. Took  a girl back 2 nights and was not charged a joiner fee.

Please advise:  Did you have to 'sneak' her in or was it late at night when the guards were asleep or did you use the basement lift mentioned earlier or did you just walk in and ignore the desk?  I'll be staying in the Chic Tower for 10 nights and don't want to pay every night if i don't have to!

• 2 years later...

Any updates on joiner fee here? 

Just booked 6 days, but I cancel if its a joiner fee.  Booked for 2 persons...  Dont want the extra hassle with reception...

Anybody been recently? 

Answer my own question.. 

After reading multiple reports here and on tripadvaisor its not guestfriendly at all..  

I not gonna sneak anyone in so I already cancelled my booking there. 

Sad since I spend half my time on Soi 6 hehe... 

yes , I was there April , they  are funny about joiner , I too booked 2 person, but mine was a LLT,

but one day she went back to her room in town, alone to get some things and when she returned she had changed dress,

she came in the back way by the swimming pool (old building) and came to the room.

5minutes later the hotel lady knocked on my door , asking if I had another Lady in the room ...WTF

I invited her in to meet my partner who had checked in with me two days earlier,   then I told her to call the manager.

I complained about this hassle and invasion of our privacy. they apologised and offered us a free drink, saying it was

an error . they are a very funny hotel when it comes to girls. certainly not girlfriendly. thats for sure.

Yeah, thats the hassle I dont want. 

Thanks for answer, confirms I was right about cancel it..   

Cheers, maybe I try Sea me 2 instead. 

Archived