IGNORED

EVA Air Business class prices from LAX

patman

EVA is showing $4650 from SFO for Nov so the price might come down, these 2 are usually similar. 

EVA is showing $4650 from SFO for Nov so the price might come down, these 2 are usually similar. 

If you are a regular visitor to Thailand I'll let you in on a secret.  Try booking the same flights in reverese.  In other words, your trip originates in BKK.

Booking from SFO-BKK = $4615

Booking BKK-SFO = 121000 baht = $3449

Provided you know how to book and know your dates far enough in advance a significant savings.

Premium Economy rather than Business, but in case anyone is interested:

image.jpg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Hate to see that price!! I paid around $1700 for my EVA LAX-BKK PE ticket a few months ago… But considering it's a one day sale with restricted travel times, the month of sept only.  It would have to be a pretty spontaneous decision to by that ticket, not something you could really plan ahead on

For what it's worth, I flew China Southern's A380 in business class from LAX-BKK and had no problems with it.   Don't know that I would want to be in economy with 500 Chinese passengers, as they don't have the best reputation for being "polite" travelers (my friend was in economy on my flight and said every time he got up from his aisle seat to go the bathroom, the old Chinese couple next to him put their shit in his seat! 555)

My advice would be to try your best to get a window seat in biz class on CS, as they have MUCH more storage (2 large bins between seat and fuselage).

Seems to typically run about 3650 for RT business class, but the fares have dropped from 3650 to 3350 over the past few days for a trip that I have to book to Bumfuck, China in late October/early November.

There is a change of planes in Guangzhou.  Showing my COMPLETE ignorance of China, I thought Guangzhou was some kind of smaller airport not that far from Hong Kong.  Guangzhou was formerly known as "Canton" (as in "Cantonese food") and is the third largest city in China.  Guangzhou airport ("CAN") was the second busiest airport in China in 2014 (by passenger count) -- behind Beijing, but ahead of Shanghai (but Hong Kong not factored in -- it was busier than CAN) .  Based on what I could find, CAN was 15th busiest in the World last year (by comparison, BKK was 22).

Archived