IGNORED

EVA Air Business class prices from LAX

patman

I flew EVA Air business class (Royal Laurel) form LAX to BKK in May.  They were a good airline, lay flat seats, good meal, and on time.  Also the stopover in TPE is short.

I was looking to book my November trip, and was looking at the prices, Wow, I paid $4,000 for the May trip, and price is almost $6000 for November.  

Why have that put the prices up so much?

Do you think if I wait a few months they will come back down?

My other option is China Eastern, they also fly a 777 with the same seating arrangement as EVA.  Anyone flew them before?  They are much cheaper.  Any comments on their service?

summer vacation time, prices now are higher than they will be in sept/oct/nov, then they go up again in dec, then down again in jan/feb

just plug in some dates to see...

with united I can select "flexible dates", how many days I want the trip and what month.  then I can scroll forward a month, then another, etc...  it highlights the cheapest days of each month based on the number of days I selected...

If worry about prices, don't fly business class, avg prices for econo will be $1,000 usd save your money for the street whores, not the plane whores. Street whores will give you more pleasure and with all the extra money, you can get the best full service massage when you get to bkk. Cheers Tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

I was looking at China Eastern as they had some fantastic sounding prices for business class, LAX to BKK.

Then I looked at the seating, and knew why it was relatively cheap. The LAX to China portion was economy seating, and the China to BKK was business.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Save massive $$$$$$$ fly economy & take some medication to make you sleep for a long time & relax you out when awake. 

I fly economy from UK save at least £1,500 & then spent it & enjoy it in Pattaya Thailand.

It gives me a better hotel where some days i can be there for 24 hours.

Also it gives me more in my wallet to have a real treat when it comes to the expensive bars & ladies.

:Wassup1:

:NiceThread1:

I just booked my flights.  I always book well in advance.  And BTW I believe it still applies if you buy RT originating in BKK it is cheaper.  Why I do not know.

Flights from BKK to LAX in October and back  January 2016 was $3577.31.  

And that seems to always be the price.  OR thereabouts.  I've never seen a season change.  But I always fly the same periods of times.  I fly there in late January, return in April.  Fly there in late July and return in October.  So maybe I miss any high seasons.

$6000 is probably the max price so it won't hurt to wait around and see if prices come down for you. Still plenty of time left until NOV.  If they don't come down I guess you'll have to bite the bullet and pay up or look for other options  

Good Luck

I just booked my flights.  I always book well in advance.  And BTW I believe it still applies if you buy RT originating in BKK it is cheaper.  Why I do not know.

Flights from BKK to LAX in October and back  January 2016 was $3577.31.  

And that seems to always be the price.  OR thereabouts.  I've never seen a season change.  But I always fly the same periods of times.  I fly there in late January, return in April.  Fly there in late July and return in October.  So maybe I miss any high seasons.

Late January?So Ryder next year?You can be KM's partner.

Late January?So Ryder next year?You can be KM's partner.

What Ryder Cup?  Here or Pattaya?  Who is KM?  Always willing to accommodate but I need a canuck-yank translator.   :GoldenSmile1:

What Ryder Cup?  Here or Pattaya?  Who is KM?  Always willing to accommodate but I need a canuck-yank translator.   :GoldenSmile1:

Yes,yes.Think flying ashtrays and reservations.Im your man.

Yes,yes.Think flying ashtrays and reservations.Im your man.

Still baffled.  I am searching the internet for a canuck-tequila-yank translator.  Flying ashtrays  KM?  Oh boy.

Still baffled.  I am searching the internet for a canuck-tequila-yank translator.  Flying ashtrays  KM?  Oh boy.

Fuck me,the heat got your eggs scrambled?

Fuck me,the heat got your eggs scrambled?

Yes.  Clearly.   :GoldenSmile1:

I dunno what he's talking about either... they make really strong beer in the great white north....

I was looking at China Eastern as they had some fantastic sounding prices for business class, LAX to BKK.

Then I looked at the seating, and knew why it was relatively cheap. The LAX to China portion was economy seating, and the China to BKK was business.

Where did you look? I looked up the China Eastern 578 LAX to PVG flight.  They use a 777-300 with the 1-2-1 flat bed seats.  Same plane on the way back.  I looked it up on SeatGuru http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/China_Eastern/China_Eastern_Boeing_777_300ER.php

I dunno what he's talking about either... they make really strong beer in the great white north....

Trust me,when I expalined it to him on Facebook,he smacked his face into his palm and Apologised.

You old guys like to stick together Huh?

Trust me,when I expalined it to him on Facebook,he smacked his face into his palm and Apologised.

You old guys like to stick together Huh?

Similar characteristics, 555

Where did you look? I looked up the China Eastern 578 LAX to PVG flight.  They use a 777-300 with the 1-2-1 flat bed seats.  Same plane on the way back.  I looked it up on SeatGuru http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/China_Eastern/China_Eastern_Boeing_777_300ER.php

I guess I was looking at it wrong. I used cheapo air website.

Business class is only around 3000 dollars, I thought there had to be a catch.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Trust me Scalliwag can be incredibly weird.  When he explained it all made sense but the combination didn't.  I still don't get where it all came from.  Maybe I'm in heat stroke but I think they freeze their brains up north.   And he is STILL giving me strokes next time we play.   :hello09:

I just flew Cathay Pacific biz class from bkk-hkg-lax.... cost me 55k one way. book w AA miles, one of the best miles redemptions in the game.

I just flew Cathay Pacific biz class from bkk-hkg-lax.... cost me 55k one way. book w AA miles, one of the best miles redemptions in the game.

They are a great airline, good if you have mileage, but the cash price is $5,500 here in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing $4004 for Korean Air in November with decent schedules. Business on Korean isn't bad.

If worry about prices, don't fly business class, avg prices for econo will be $1,000 usd save your money for the street whores, not the plane whores. Street whores will give you more pleasure and with all the extra money, you can get the best full service massage when you get to bkk. Cheers Tommy x

Just booked EVA (economy) for March 2016 R/T LAX-BKK for $793 total. Instead of spending $6K on a business class ticket, that would give me 2 two-week holidays in Patts all in - air, hotel, food, drinks, massage, transportation, BGs, etc.

Just booked EVA (economy) for March 2016 R/T LAX-BKK for $793 total. Instead of spending $6K on a business class ticket, that would give me 2 two-week holidays in Patts all in - air, hotel, food, drinks, massage, transportation, BGs, etc.

I respect your commitment to sit in that section for that long.  I think I'd chew my arm off before I reached TPE.  But then I'm an old bastard with more aches and pains than I can count.   :GoldenSmile1:

I respect your commitment to sit in that section for that long.  I think I'd chew my arm off before I reached TPE.  But then I'm an old bastard with more aches and pains than I can count.   :GoldenSmile1:

I just keep telling myself I am saving about $150 for each hour in the air...xanax also helps  :LOL2:

Archived