Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do ANY hotel rooms have carpet?

fordsy

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for the wealth of info on this website, the best Pattaya site by far.

I'm in the infancy stages of planning my virgin trip, 10 days in early Febuary.  I've spent hours browsing hotel reviews weighing location and amenities that will fit my budget, close to Beach Road, for around 1500 Baht/night max.

One of things I was hoping to find is a carpeted room.  I've stayed in a tiled room once before and hated it, it felt like staying in a kitchen.  Yeah I know they're cleaner and God knows what lingers in the carpet from previous guests  but it's just one of those things I want in a room.

So my question is am I dramatically narrowing my options with this preference?  All the room  pics I've seen have tiled floors. I think Sabai Lodge had some carpeted rooms but they're a little too far north from where I'd like to stay.  Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No carpets.

Stevie

God bless NO. They are unhygienic and old fashioned. Tiles and the wooden laminate are so much easier to clean. You wake up nicely when you put your feet on tiles in the morning when AC have been on all night :GoldenSmile1:

If you want a carpet you are going to have to buy one on your own, at least it will be clean and jizz free.

Other peoples snot, dust mites, cigarette ash, crap from the street, spunk stains, spills from drinks, toe nail cutting, sick spots, hairs, smelly feet spots. All carried into your bed

Still want a carpet?

Pretty sure I recall rooms in Flipper Lodge, soi 8, having carpets (blue I think but it was a long time ago!).

But you dont need them, as others have said they are unhygenic and bare floors are cooler in hot climates. Besides, a nice parquet wood floor can look good.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Think the chowsoy restaurant on soi chaiyapoon has carpet? but is away from beach road and he only has a three rooms available,so nearly booked solid ?

Sabai lodge has carpets

:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-

The combo tropic, carpet and AC is indescribable but reminds me of worn down African hotels.
Add sloppy housekeeping, cheap perfume, beer, to the mix and stay is guaranteed a pleasant experience, not....there's a reason tiles wall to wall is  standard

if the bare floors bother you. Just wear your sandals/flip-flops.

Other peoples snot, dust mites, cigarette ash, crap from the street, spunk stains, spills from drinks, toe nail cutting, sick spots, hairs, smelly feet spots. All carried into your bed

Still want a carpet?

Good one !!!! Spunk Stains , eeeww :)

I like carpet too. So easy to rub the cum in with your foot and move on.

Sent from my R829 using Tapatalk

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

I like carpet too. So easy to rub the cum in with your foot and move on.

Somebody else cum !!!! :)

Pretty sure I recall rooms in Flipper Lodge, soi 8, having carpets (blue I think but it was a long time ago!).

But you dont need them, as others have said they are unhygenic and bare floors are cooler in hot climates. Besides, a nice parquet wood floor can look good.

Yep, Flipper Lodge hotel still have carpet in their "A" wing rooms.

I believe their "B" wing rooms don't have carpet anymore, since the renovation a couple of years ago.

Somebody else cum !!!! :)

Yeah sometimes. You'll have to drop round next time I'm in town. Lol

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Sabai inn rooms have carpets in Soi 2, but I think this hotel is currently being refurbished, I have stayed at this hotel over 10 times, it's on the tuk tuk route, easy to get to Walking Street and back

I stay in Dynasty Inn now, no carpets.

I have stayed probably half a dozen times, every time carpeted floor, last time probably around 2 years ago so they

may be changing the flooring. I just looked at their website and the homepage for pattaya shows two rooms side by side one with carpet 

and one without. So we're both right, or not wrong, whichever you like. 

Does the carpet have to match the drapes...? 5555

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

Have never seen vacuum cleaner in hotels witch have carpet floors.

How they clean anyway? With a broom?

Or not clean att all. Very dusty.

Archived