IGNORED

Etihad business class

combovan

I'm off to Thailand on Sunday for 2 weeks and I have booked business class with Etihad. I'm just wondering what it is like as I've never travelled in business before and possibly never again. I have looked at YouTube and also airline review but it would be nice to hear from fellow addicts. Thanks

never paid for it but been there on 16 legs as an upgraded gold level FF.

seat goes completely flat.

lounge of course before flight, champagne offered on board before take off. seat will go 100% flat.

food is ok better than economy of course but make sure u order a chocolate ice cream.................about the best i've ever had!!!

priority immigration landing card on plane exit into thailand which can be useful but i've not used the last 7, it was not worth it the normal lines were so short.

the proper business lounge in abu dhabi is a new one nearish to gate 35.

i'm not strictly speaking allowed in there but got in 1 time due to a flight delay . massive and lovely!!

june 20 001 (Custom).JPG

that's 4 of the 7, have given the rest away to other etihad flyers

l fly from LHR T4 and the upgraded lounge is ok.(gold FF card gets me in there)

i have a bit of food, 3 red wines/selection  and either 1 or 2 brandies which are in fact hennessy cognac and they are big.

combine that with a champagne or 2 some food and wines/spirits and next minute u are in abu dhabi

Once you've flown Business Class you really won't want to go back to Economy.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Etihad is my usual carrier. and their Business Class is excellent. Lie flat seat, very good menu and some excellent wines. Service is top notch. One return leg from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi the entertainment system wasn't working for the last couple of hours. Didn't bother me as I was asleep anyway. When we got to Abu Dhabi there was a service rep with a hand signed letter of apology and 5,000 free miles.

Only donwnside is they don't have chauffer service in Cyprus but again, nothing I'm too fussed about.

I travel with them from Machester (UK) and its a great experience with one issue, will get to that last.  The lounge at Manchester is a little small but very comfortable with an at seat service and a range of food about, boarding is good, as mentioned flat bed seat, probably more comfortable then EVA's but close call, try to get a window seat if you can more private.  Service is excellent from the person who guides you to the seat and offers you champagne or soft drinks and towel, to being met by the pursar in charge of your area.  Food is on demand and decent, i like the steak sandwich, plenty of drinks available from champagne, wine and soft drinks.  IFE has a decent screen and good range of movies and there is a reasonable amount of personal storage round the seat.  Love the on-board experience.

My issue is Abu Dhabi airport it seeems to be a marmite place, i can't stand it full of rude people and very busy, i last flew with them in Nov 14 and the lounge ws packed out (they were doing a lot of construction work so might be better now), i have had to go through bagge security again every time even though i have stayed airside and its so badly organised.  They are opening a new wing in 2017 so might be better then.

So far done both EVA and Ethiad, business class, service wise Ethiad wins hands down, EVA is my choice though as it avoids Abu Dhabi.  Next ones Qatar, hoping Doha is better.

Have to agree its so hard to go back when you have tried business class.

i dream of upgrades, but i never know till the last minute at the gate, and if it's economy is full and they have space in business and need my seat.

last time was my previous flight to los leaving abu dhabi.

guy scanned my boarding pass and the computer came up with a no sound.

knowing i'm not some sort of radical i said to the guy.............."deep joy" .............as i knew what would happen

he looked at me funny for a minute trying to translate what i had said then smiled and said.............."enjoy your flight"......................happy days and champagne here please!!!!!

My issue is Abu Dhabi airport it seeems to be a marmite place, i can't stand it full of rude people and very busy, i last flew with them in Nov 14 and the lounge ws packed out (they were doing a lot of construction work so might be better now), i have had to go through bagge security again every time even though i have stayed airside and its so badly organised.  They are opening a new wing in 2017 so might be better then.

the security area at abu dhabi has been altered.

being airside already  makes no difference, they check everybody as security at other airports feeding into  abu dhabi (except heathrow etc) may not be as strict as theirs.

so being checked properly is not a bad thing..............this is economy or whatever class.

they have a special line for business/first class clients (or gold card holders) to ease the delays

the security area at abu dhabi has been altered.

being airside already  makes no difference, they check everybody as security at other airports feeding into  abu dhabi (except heathrow etc) may not be as strict as theirs.

so being checked properly is not a bad thing..............this is economy or whatever class.

they have a special line for business/first class clients (or gold card holders) to ease the delays

No problem with going through security, totally agree its not a bad thing, you seem to have done it more recently then me but when i was there it was a joke and so badly organiased even in the business class line, you had a 20 minute wait, there has only been once when i have got through in less then 10.  Maybe i have been lucky but not had this length of delay at any other airport i have been through.

i dream of upgrades, but i never know till the last minute at the gate, and if it's economy is full and they have space in business and need my seat.

last time was my previous flight to los leaving abu dhabi.

guy scanned my boarding pass and the computer came up with a no sound.

knowing i'm not some sort of radical i said to the guy.............."deep joy" .............as i knew what would happen

he looked at me funny for a minute trying to translate what i had said then smiled and said.............."enjoy your flight"......................happy days and champagne here please!!!!!

That's how the airlines got me hooked.

I used to work in the Middle East and holiday in TLOS and nearly always used KLM. I was on the highest tier of the frequent flyer programme and got upgraded seven times in a row.

The next twice I wasn't upgraded and really hated it.

Booked Business from then on!

Agree.

Why I booked EVA.

Thai too pricey. BA too...........well, BA

I found Etihad's 777 seat layout (don't know about other aircraft types) to be really claustrophobic compared to, for example, Qatar's.   I think Etihad crams 28 seats into the same space that Qatar fits 22.  

How often or how many times do you have to fly to get to be a Gold member FF?

Ethaid businnes class very good

Travelled on the 30 April / 1st may form Manchester to bangkok

Good service all the way but in Abu dhabi, omg

Arrived, got put to the side, bus to the airport, packed out trying to get through immgration

Very busy, would bot like to go via this crap again in aug when very very hot

Enjoy the expericence , drink and eat loads

That is no joke.

I max out my credit cards, sell whatever stocks I have, just to fly business.

I know I could save that extra money for more fun in Pattaya, but truth be told I don't really need that extra bit.

Worth it to me personally getting more space, more rest, seating early, etc.

It's addicting.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Etihad has a great business class product, been with them several times now,it sure Is hard going back in economy after going business

Screenshot_2015-06-27-23-04-58-1.png

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

It's sooooo expensive but I have to agree,i almost wish I had never flown business class because there is NO going back......To fly cattle class after flying business is torture.I usually fly Qatar air but they wanted 6000 us from NY to bkk so I got JAL business class for 4200....still too much but life is short and a little pampering is a good thing.

How often or how many times do you have to fly to get to be a Gold member FF?

I fly manchester to bkk around every 6 months for the past 4 years, and after about 5 or 6 trips I was surprised to receive an upgrade from silver to gold, so 2 to 3 trips a year seems to be enough.

You were all right. I don't think I will ever want to sit in economy again. When I told the staff it was my first business class trip they seemed to pamper me even more. I loved the A330 seats but thought the 777 was a bit cramped, but it was all a good experience. I have never slept as much in a plane before. Now I'm chilling in Pattaya

Archived