IGNORED

Presbyopia, old age eye sight

QuotaMan

So as my body inevitably marches on towards the aging process, another thing that I noticed lately is my increasing inability to focus on objects close up.

I started noticing a bit of this a year or so ago, but seems to be getting worse the past few months. I have to hold things at arms length to read things like prescription bottles, etc.

I've been reading up a little on this, and seems like progressive lenses are a good option. I did have LASIK done about 9 years ago to correct near sightedness.

There are surgical options but they don't last apparently.

How do you guys deal with this.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I carry a pair of cheap, fold up reading glasses. 150B at the Tue/Fri Soi Buakhao market.

Do you normally wear glasses and if so, are you near-sighted? Answer yes and you can just take off your glasses and read again!

I carry a pair of cheap, fold up reading glasses. 150B at the Tue/Fri Soi Buakhao market.

+1--- Have had the same problem for a number of years now. I also just carry a pair of the cheap reading glasses for up close work (computer, reading, etc.). 

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

Thanks, I may just buy a pair of reading glasses. But I'm also looking into progressive lenses. I'll have to go to an eye doctor soon anyways since it's been a LONG time since I had my eyes checked. 

I currently don't wear glasses since having LASIK for being near sighted. But even that is starting to fade I think.

Aging sucks!

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Yeah progressive lenses may be the way to go if you feel your distance sight is getting poor as well! I have progressive lens in my glasses (varifocal in the UK) they work well when you get used to them after a few days. Make sure you get wide corridor lenses as the standard ones have a very very small field of focus.

My First Trip -     Mama told me not to cum/

My Second Trip - Guitarmans second newbie trip/

My Third Trip -   50 Shades of brown Guitarmans 3rd trip report/

My Forth Trip -   Guitarmans reality check/

My Fifth Trip -      Guitarmans fifth symphony! The ex-girlfriend experience/

My Sixth Trip -   NEW!  Guitarmans 6th string

My seventh Trip - Guitarman's seven string - Seventh trip report!

My Eighth Trip - Guitarmans eighth trip sweet-music or a cacophony

My Ninth Trip - Groundhog Day again.

My Tenth Trip -  My Comeback Tour

My Eleventh trip - November 22 Tour.

MY YOUTUBE PATTAYA PLAYLIST - www.youtube.com/Thailand-Videos

I have reading glasses and am now waiting for cataract surgery. Getting old is a bitch. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Archived