Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai air A380 from London

dilloss

I like the 777. Qatars is by far the best.

But if thai have theres set out 10 across like ehtihad and emirates then that direct flight will be unbearable

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if thai have theres set out 10 across like ehtihad and emirates then that direct flight will be unbearable

Thai Airways 777 do indeed have there seats set out 10 across in economy.

10 across on the A380 is fine but not so on the 777's

Thais pitch has been slashed on the 380 and combined with that stupid footrest you're down to 31.5" pitch if you're tall its not the flight to be on for 11-12 hours

• 2 weeks later...

Business class at £1400 roundtrip is a steal compared to Miami -London at $4500 or more on BA or American carriers

Business class at £1400 roundtrip is a steal compared to Miami -London at $4500 or more on BA or American carriers

Thai Business Class LHR-BKK is £2500+ over Christmas. Rarely, if ever, under £2k.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

what is £1,400 ???  LHR - BKK is £2700 with Thai Air on average.

Mat be you can tell us if you made a mistake or if you know some thing we do not.

if you are willing to have a conection LON -AMS -BKK I got business class for £1200 in april... KLM - China Airlines ( LON to AMS was economy but only 1hour)

had to cancel recent trip for august but got Business class for £1500 with Gulf 

Last 2 xmas I got Business class for £1600 again with KLM CHina AIr.

I used economy once inbetween and for me it was hell I cannot sleep sitting up and the back pain well that was agony ... sleep like a baby in business class love those flat beds :-)

Sounds like the economy on the A380 has taken a step back not forward which suprises me... I thought the configuration was mean to give you more leg room and more recline in the seat making ecomony more pleasant place to travel ummm

Sounds like the economy on the A380 has taken a step back not forward which suprises me... I thought the configuration was mean to give you more leg room and more recline in the seat making ecomony more pleasant place to travel ummm

Overall size of the Plane nothing to so with pitch and configuration sadly

Pitch reduced 2 Inches over the old 747's and the stupid foot rest employed which for taller people takes another half inch off your shins when reclining.

Effectively down to 31.5" pitch compared to the old 34" on the 747's

if you are willing to have a conection LON -AMS -BKK I got business class for £1200 in april... KLM - China Airlines ( LON to AMS was economy but only 1hour)

I used economy once inbetween and for me it was hell I cannot sleep sitting up and the back pain well that was agony ... sleep like a baby in business class love those flat beds :-)

£1,200 with China Air/KLM for Business class in April was fantastic price.

I have paid nearly that for a Thai economy ticket in the past.

:Wassup1:  :NiceThread1:

One flight per day London LHR to Bangkok BKK.

Lands at 6am so as most hotels do not give you your room till 2 pm. What are you going to do ???

Similar to Thai Air overnight flight from Melbourne: it departs at midnight and with 4 hour time change, arrives about 0530.

The first Bell Bus from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is at 0800, too long to wait. I take a taxi, sometimes pre-booked, to my usual hotel, arriving about 0730 in Pattaya.

When I book the hotel on the web I do pay for an extra night; I book from the day before and inform the hotel of my travel timings.

Into the room, a shower, breakfast and then a few hours flat my back (I do not sleep well on planes).

After a lazy day and a swim, I'm ready to GO!

I may try the KLM/China Air at some point. It often shows up at between £1200 and £1400 from Cardiff. When I've checked, the flight from Cardiff is in Economy so I'm not sure about the baggage Allowance? It would be a struggle for me even for an hour and a half as well!

The other issue is 7 hours in AMS on the way back. I know I can get good connections from LHR, but it seems silly to go there to connect through AMS when I can do it from CWL.

If you book your trip in business but your first leg doesn't have business class in the plane, I would still expect that you'll have business baggage allowance for the entire journey. Certainly it will be consistent for all the legs of your itinerary.

If you book your trip in business but your first leg doesn't have business class in the plane, I would still expect that you'll have business baggage allowance for the entire journey. Certainly it will be consistent for all the legs of your itinerary.

Spot on.

Davidge, have you looked at booking 2 seperate tickets i.e CWL-AMS-CWL then AMS-BKK-AMS. Had a qiuck look around Xmas and flights on China Southern from AMS for round £1100 or Cathay £1200 (both with good connections to BKK) then just get round trip CWL-AMS-CWL at £104. 

Davidge, have you looked at booking 2 seperate tickets i.e CWL-AMS-CWL then AMS-BKK-AMS. Had a qiuck look around Xmas and flights on China Southern from AMS for round £1100 or Cathay £1200 (both with good connections to BKK) then just get round trip CWL-AMS-CWL at £104. 

I find going from Bristol usually cheaper than Cardiff.

I live between the two airports so easy for me, not so easy if you live down west.

I find going from Bristol usually cheaper than Cardiff.

I live between the two airports so easy for me, not so easy if you live down west.

I actually went from Birmingham this time , could have got the same price from Gatwick but Birmingham is a bit closer and saves me having to use the m25 ... it was nice and quite... cheaper parking etc.

They checked us in as buiness at birmingham , ( yes we got the buiness class luggage allowence) fasttrack thorough secuiry etc ,, not that econmony was busy but bcause we where ecomonmy BHX to AMS hey would not let us use the lounge in Birmingham which fucked me off a bit but in AMS used the lounge on the way back Bkk lounge and back in AMS we could use it.

I compalined to Opodo like hell about not been able to use the lounge and to my suprise got £200 comp  plus I booked through topcashback and got about £30 off them so ended up good allround

Thai Airways 777 do indeed have there seats set out 10 across in economy.

Thai B777-300 are still 3-3-3 !

However with the losses announced today perhaps it would not be a bad idea to retro fit it's B777 fleet to :-

3-4-3 just like the majority of operators incl Emirates and now Qatar.

Hi Guys

I used this flight last Wednesday TG911 from Heathrow on the new A380 and think a number of passengers must

have cancelled due to the bombing on the Monday because there was a number of empty seats everywhere.

I had an asle seat the one beside me was empty the one in front and the one opposite also all empty.

Anyway it was an excellent flight all round plenty of food and drink and the flight was quicky then i expected.

Although i think Etihad's A380 is better then the Thai Airways A380 much better Entertainment boxes with very

much more choice and connections.

I have posted this in another thread but just to update what I said above about Thai:

They are now offering Business Class between LHR and BKK for £1600 on their re-instated second daily flight.

Departures during November and up to end of first week in December. You have to return on New Year's Day or earlier. There may be other dates I didn't check. Limited seats at this price. Non-refundable.

I have noticed EVA for about the same price on some dates but only through certain agents not on their own website.

I have posted this in another thread but just to update what I said above about Thai:

They are now offering Business Class between LHR and BKK for £1600 on their re-instated second daily flight.

Departures during November and up to end if first week in December. You have to return on New Year's Day or earlier. There may be other dates I didn't check. Limited seats at this price. Non-refundable.

I have noticed EVA for about the same price on some dates but only through certain agents not on their own website.

I will be looking at that :-) direct BC for that price is fantastic

Update seems

EVA and Thai going head to head £1579 now :-)   does anybody know which plane Thai are using on this leg as old Thai business seats are not flat beds they are more lazyboy type chairs in terms of recline

I will be looking at that :-) direct BC for that price is fantastic

Update seems

EVA and Thai going head to head £1579 now :-)   does anybody know which plane Thai are using on this leg as old Thai business seats are not flat beds they are more lazyboy type chairs in terms of recline

Thai are using the 777-300 when they reinstate there second flight of the day. LHR - BKK.

Where did you see this price of £1,579 for business class return with Thai Airways ????

Jack.

Thai are using the 777-300 when they reinstate there second flight of the day. LHR - BKK.

Where did you see this price of £1,579 for business class return with Thai Airways ????

Jack.

Skyscanner through a company call email flights played around with the dates in the window given

Ah that will be the extra recline but they are not flat ... still very comforatble and a good sleep can be had

Skyscanner through a company call email flights played around with the dates in the window given

Ah that will be the extra recline but they are not flat ... still very comforatble and a good sleep can be had

It sounds cheap check your booking conditions etc.

Booking conditions not realy a concern for me ... get on the plane and get off on the dates given :GoldenSmile1:

finair for november are going for it LON -  BKK BC £1186 

may we shoud start a BC thread ? as we seem to have hijacked this one

Archived