IGNORED

Thai air A380 from London

dilloss

Any news on this or anyone booked, how much?

Was due to start next month I believe.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starts on the 1st July. I am returning back to the UK on the 20th July from Bangkok on the A380 Airbus and the cost was £550 return for Economy.

Starts on the 1st July. I am returning back to the UK on the 20th July from Bangkok on the A380 Airbus and the cost was £550 return for Economy.

Not bad as I find Thai a little pricier than Eva

When they announced the many schedule changes a couple of months ago and the introduction of the A380 out of LHR they also dropped their Economy fares. They seem quite competitive compared to EVA and BA most times now.

Unfortunately, they haven't done the same to Business Class which is still very expensive compared to most others.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Not bad as I find Thai a little pricier than Eva

Thai Airways is generally more expensive than quite a lot of other airlines. Do not strike me as a competitive company, and I have not noticed, they should also announce a reduced tariffs and special events. Maybe it's the fact that they do not fly to any destination.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I have been looking at flights from London to Bangkok with Thai and for the months of July and August the fares are at least 1k with no saver tickets showing. Wonder if this has to do with the A380 introduction or they forgot to load the promo fares into the system.

Peak season. Last week or so in July until 3 rd week in August - ultra high peak!

They did have some lower fares for some dates in July & August a couple of months ago.

I paid £560 rtn for 5th August - 25th August so they were cheap for a while for peak season.Think I booked in Feb.

Be interesting to see the comments from Passengers who are used to the 747 retro fitted Aircraft with the 34"  seats compared to the new 32" seat pitch in addition to losing another inch with that infernal foot rest that most airlines utilise.

I've been on three A380's with this reduced pitch and its a killer on long haul of over 7 hours.  Fine if you switching in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha but will be interested in comments on Thai next month

It's the Government's oversight of airlines and the Department of Aviation that's been red flagged not the airline.

Obviously will have an effect on THAI but the concerns are with the oversight of all airlines registered in Thailand and the administration of safety checks.

Who could imagine that a Government Dept in TLOS would not do it's job properly?

Thai planes have been subject to checks when they land in Europe for some time now, since the 'orange flag' months ago.

1k for Thai Economy or 1.4k for Gulf Air Business Class - with very short layovers?????

Neither Socrates but only my opinion. £1000 for economy is ridiculous and £1400 for arriving 40 metres in front of Economy is just a waste of money.

My opinion I acknowledge

Neither Socrates but only my opinion. £1000 for economy is ridiculous and £1400 for arriving 40 metres in front of Economy is just a waste of money.

My opinion I acknowledge

I wish I could still cope with Economy - especially with the low fares around at the moment ( most of the year :-)

I just wouldn't manage it now. Back is so totally buggered.

It means I must plan fewer trips in future but only look for Business class. Sadly, this means the realistic fare I'm looking at with a decent airline is close to £2k. That's when £1400 with Gulf looks good!

I wish I could still cope with Economy - especially with the low fares around at the moment ( most of the year :-)

I just wouldn't manage it now. Back is so totally buggered.

It means I must plan fewer trips in future but only look for Business class. Sadly, this means the realistic fare I'm looking at with a decent airline is close to £2k. That's when £1400 with Gulf looks good!

Seriously I'm far from poor but I'd rather stand the entire flight at the back rather than waste £1000 + over and above Economy.

To me 53,000 Baht far better used elsewhere

I know, I know, I know...

But little point in my saving the money on the flight just to spend my entire holiday lying flat out on the condo floor unable to move :-)

Who could imagine that a Government Dept in TLOS would not do it's job properly?

LOL!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I know, I know, I know...

But little point in my saving the money on the flight just to spend my entire holiday lying flat out on the condo floor unable to move :-)

My backs obviously not as bad as yours but often in Pattaya when mines really annoying me is sleep flat on my back on the floor......Pillows still and lying in sort of a Crucifix position. Does wonders for me now and again. (your girl will look at you !!)

Thai Airways strange company.

A380 from 1st July 2015 but only one flight per day not the normal two.

Another gift in the industry to Emirates or some Middle Eastern Airline.

Thai Airways strange company.

A380 from 1st July 2015 but only one flight per day not the normal two.

Another gift in the industry to Emirates or some Middle Eastern Airline.

With 15-20 flights per-day on Emirates alone, many on A380s and direct into several UK-airports, I can't see that they'll even notice the slight-reduction in competition.

But it really is a sad commentary on THAI, that they cannot hold-their-own, on a long-standing key-route like BKK-LHR.

I don't think I've flown with them, even domestically, more than a couple-of-times in the past several years  ...  and that was redeeming some EgyptAir-airmiles !

http://a380flights.net/index.html

Latest update 15.5.-15

Can not see any updates on Thai Airways.

Rumours or truth?

What are you asking....??   The A380 is certainly rostered from July 1st with lunchtime departure

“Airlines can operate their normal flights but they may not increase their flights or increase flight routes,” he said.

Source: BK-post.

How they think in this ICAO office?

Is this a new flight or old one?

Today can not trust Junta Airlines.

Everything can happen, we have already seen this.

Hi Guys

Just booked an extra trip to Pattaya for 19th August to 7th Sept then back again 3rd Oct 

for 1 month.

For the extra trip have booked Thai Airways great price lowest of the 3 for just £527.99

and of course non-stop first time for years.

Have also reserved my seats on the new A380 layout. Could not believe the low price on

Thai as many other fares with 1 stop much more expensive roll on August.

Archived