IGNORED

First MERS case in Thailand confirmed

News Bandit

And then the panic starts? I do not think, but the question is what impact it will have on "normal tourists"

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

But a good thing the ban on shisha be declared , as many girls lurking on same mouth peace .......and later come to kiss you " handsome guy' s"  :Whistle:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/thailand-confirms-mers-infection-1434631339

Passengers seated two rows in front and behind the unnamed man have been contacted by health officials, Dr. Rajata said.

“The high-risk group is the passengers who were seated in front and behind him on the plane,” said Dr. Tanarak Plipat, director of the Bureau of Epidemiology.

The ministry didn’t disclose which airline the man arrived on.

The patient started to develop some symptoms related to MERS after he was still in Oman, according to officials. Thai health authorities are working with their counterparts in Oman to determine how the patient contracted the virus.

traveling on Middle Eastern carriers that pass through Middle Eastern hubs - a preference of many BMs... a health concern now that MERS is here in Thailand?

but I guess the concern (if BMs have any, and I am assuming most won't be concerned) also includes traveling on South Korean carriers that go through Seoul, and many other carriers (United, NorthWest, etc) that pass through Seoul...

and if we are going to let the chance of getting infected with MERS scare us, we might worry about going to the high end hospitals in Thailand (e.g., Bumrungrad, Bangkok Pattaya) that have a high number of Middle Eastern patients...

and there are the aGoGos like Bacarra and What's Up, and clubs like Hollywood that have large numbers of South Korean customers... and Soi Arab bars and restaurants... 

or is it best to not worry, not have this current MERS scare mess with our life plans...

similar to Ebola, in some ways, this current health scare... the fear can get out of hand real fast... hopefully MERs won't spread fast and cause some deaths in Thailand like it did in S. Korea...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Archived