Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pre-boarding Passport and Return Ticket Check at JFK

Evil Penevil

On today's Delta flight from JFK to Narita, all passengers with an onward flight to Bangkok had their passports and return flights checked very carefully. Non-Thai passports had to have six months validity left or the passenger was denied boarding. Three passengers I saw were in trouble on that account. I don't know how it ended for them, but I didn't see them in the passenger cabin.

If you had a visa for Thailand, you had to show it and those without visas had to prove they had a flight out of Thailand within a month. The gate agent told me the Thai authorities had gotten very serious about this. I had never before experienced such a intense check at the gate.

It will be interesting to see if they repeat it before boarding at Narita, but no sign so far. At JFK, they made a special announcement and called the names of the 20 or so people heading to BKK. No explanation, just "see the agent at the gate."

Evil

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

A spanner in the works of one-way tickets?

................................................................................................................

Sounds normal to me. Upgrades and/or standbys late.

Archived