IGNORED

Crisis deepens as Greek central bank warns of euro exit

News Bandit

ATHENS (AFP) - The Greek central bank warned for the first time on Wednesday that the country could suffer a "painful" exit from the eurozone and even the EU if it fails to reach a bailout deal with international creditors.

View the full article

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central banks are the thieving scum of the world

I hope Greece doesn't pay a cent to the ECB or IMF cunts

Central banks are the thieving scum of the world

I hope Greece doesn't pay a cent to the ECB or IMF cunts

Problem is Greece doesn't pay anything at all . They only receive (heaps of) money that all disappears in the wrong pockets . 

The only solution is to kick them out of the Euro and let them go back to their Drachma . 

I have been quite annoyed so long time to read the report in the daily news. I want to be finally decided one way or the other and this "comedy" was over, but I'm afraid it's a never-ending story

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

This is going to sound a bit rich coming from an Australian. Given our refugee policy that is. Perhaps since the Greeks are unable to pay back their LOANS they might be able to look ater some of those refugees arriving into Italy.

It would take the pressure off the Italians. They aren,t far away either. Cheap labour would help build up there manufacturing base too. It would be doing the right thing

I have my doubts that the Greeks want to honour that debt. Even if they did the reality is that they are broke. You can,t get blood out of a stone.

I imagine this post of mine is going to piss a few people.off but I can live with it.Refugee Industry.

This is going to sound a bit rich coming from an Australian. Given our refugee policy that is. Perhaps since the Greeks are unable to pay back their LOANS they might be able to look ater some of those refugees arriving into Italy.

It would take the pressure off the Italians. They aren,t far away either. Cheap labour would help build up there manufacturing base too. It would be doing the right thing

I have my doubts that the Greeks want to honour that debt. Even if they did the reality is that they are broke. You can,t get blood out of a stone.

I imagine this post of mine is going to piss a few people.off but I can live with it.Refugee Industry.

But the problem is that these refugees (immigrants) do not go to Europe and certainly not in Greece work, but they take these countries as transit and walking, even though many of them are not at all benefit the poor often generous social system set up for this purpose and some of them go for their families that already live in western European countries.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Unfortunately the Greeks had to be bailed out by the European union and the IMF (mostly EU) to the tune of over Euro's 75 Billion and havent paid a thing back so therefore deserved to be dropped by the EU.

I don't care if someone had their pockets laced, it happens everywhere

Even a token amount would have kept them out of the microscope.

Why should a country be kept afloat by the EU without at least trying to get out of the shit themselves and pay back the debt.

Refugees don't account for that sort of money, bet nobody tries Greece as a country to be a refugee.

I think Greece already has enough unemployment, especially if you consider that many of the existing jobs don't make much sense in an economical view. Adding refugees would not really help.

I don't think repaying the debts is their biggest issue. Much more important is restructuring their financial situation into a healthy economy. But steps that have to be taken for that will be felt by the population for a long time and that doesn't make a politician popular. But until that happens it is a bottomless pit and useless to help them.

Tsipras is just blackmailing the EU , with the treat to be close to Putin Russia as he is a ultra left sided hidden communist , as he knows that Greece is a strategic place for Russia military base to become in return for......on the other hand EU can not give in , as if they do other south Europe country's shall start also bargaining

Better cut them short , "as soft surgeons make smelling wounds "

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

The Greeks must be prepared to make some sort of contribution. If you are rich then you will be welcomed in Greece. If you are poor then Greeks are used to poor people too. Let the Greeks absorb some refugees in exchange for wiping some debt.Whats wrong with that.? I mean loads of people go to Greece on holidays so it can,t be that bad. Europe is facing a refugee crisis. What is wrong with writing off some debt in exchange for helping some refugees? I,ve noticed that the Russians aren,t putting their hands up and saying "we,ll take some". Thats hardly fair is it.

The Greeks need every oppurtunity available to reduce debt and honour commitments.

I think it's funny how so many of my European friends kept lecturing me how it would be impossible for the Greeks to leave to euro zone, or be kicked out. IMPOSSIBLE, I tell you...

The Biggest mistake was to let Greece (and a couple of others beside) join the common currency in the first place, it was always known as a "cash in hand" economy where people avoided paying tax on a national scale. Spain and Italy are the next danger zones for similar treatment.

The Greeks own the largest shipping fleet in the world.Greek shipping magnates control 23% of the worlds bulk carriers.

The Greeks own the largest shipping fleet in the world.Greek shipping magnates control 23% of the worlds bulk carriers.

So!  And 90% of that shipping fleet only covers Greece and their surroundings!  Not a world wide venture with risks!   

Problem is Greece doesn't pay anything at all . They only receive (heaps of) money that all disappears in the wrong pockets . 

The only solution is to kick them out of the Euro and let them go back to their Drachma . 

I think it's funny how so many of my European friends kept lecturing me how it would be impossible for the Greeks to leave to euro zone, or be kicked out. IMPOSSIBLE, I tell you...

You know the one thing the Euro bigwigs are shit scared about , is that a country leaves the Eurozone  ( for whatever reason )  and suddenly that country starts to prosper .   Others would start to look outside the Euro windows too .

Don't think there is a chance of that happening with Greece though ,. ( prosper that is ! )

Mikeyboy

Yeah, exactly ;-)

Personally, I think the eurozone should start to clean house.

Though, economically speaking, the largest culprit responsible for the euro-wide economic troubles is Germany, by deliberately not keeping within the agreed upon 2% inflation, but exceeding it by far.

Great video just giving some background to the crisis and how Greece got into this mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8xAXJx9WJ8&index=15&list=FLBOuR-fBU9YGrscpSWAxM3w

Thank you Eastboy , I think folks should watch this video to understand how serious this Greek problem is .... And how it may effect the whole world .

I think the UK will get out after their referendum next year or 2017 , I don't blame them . EU is taking the piss .

But none registered in Greece - as soon as there was a run at the banks in Greece the magnates drew out all their money and more ships were bought in a year than the previous 15 years put together

Thank you Eastboy , I think folks should watch this video to understand how serious this Greek problem is .... And how it may effect the whole world .

I don't need to watch a video LK mate,I have two Greeks that I do business with here and they are fucking hopeless.

Everything is "kesh" so they don't pay tax or they want to trade you for Spanakapita or some other shit you don't want.

And they are unoffendable.Doesnt matter how many times I tell them to fuck their hat,goat or anything else they come back a week later like nothing has ever happened.lol.

I don't need to watch a video LK mate,I have two Greeks that I do business with here and they are fucking hopeless.

Everything is "kesh" so they don't pay tax or they want to trade you for Spanakapita or some other shit you don't want.

And they are unoffendable.Doesnt matter how many times I tell them to fuck their hat,goat or anything else they come back a week later like nothing has ever happened.lol.

The Greeks didn't screw things up all by themselves, they got help from the usual suspects, who got a fat commission :)

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/greek-debt-crisis-how-goldman-sachs-helped-greece-to-mask-its-true-debt-a-676634.html

The Greeks didn't screw things up all by themselves, they got help from the usual suspects, who got a fat commission :)

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/greek-debt-crisis-how-goldman-sachs-helped-greece-to-mask-its-true-debt-a-676634.html

Good.Pave it,use it as parking.

Good.Pave it,use it as parking.

haha I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.  

haha I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

He is super nice Eastboy , probably he is the only one who enjoys himself on the forum and doesn't take things too seriously ....

If you ever meet him , you find him to be an absolute gem of a guy .....

Archived