Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Rip-off Prices

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Only been back a week but would like to supprise my best mate his thai wife and daughter by

visiting them in August at Diana-Oasis, firstly they were going same time as my next trip in

October but my mate was unable to get his daughter out of school term hence they having to

pay August flight rip-off prices.

Last time when we met up in October 2012 they paid £1380 for the three of them, now having

to go in August my mate has to pay £2575 for the three of them disgusting prices.

As for me going in August to supprise them would love to do that but have checked prices for

August and for decent flights with short-stopovers i'm looking at over £700, afriad no way will i

pay that price, there are a few flights in the £650's but with very long stopovers no way.

Direct flights with Thai, BA and Eva £800 to £1000 how do they fill these seats at these prices.

So unless someone can tell me where to get cheaper flights in August i will not be supprising

my mate.

Some dates with Emirates:image.jpg

£640. Longish stopover on way out but not a killer?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Or Norwegian from Gatwick. Good price. Decent connections.image.jpg

If you go on KLM site 24th August  from Heathrow costs from £432 if coming back on or before 10th September 1 transfer total time 14hrs 45 mins.

The kids are off school of course flight prices will be more expensive

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Forgot to mention the dates my mate Departs Friday 7th August and returns on

Friday 28th August from Manchester to Bangkok he is flying with Finair via Helsinki

Of course i will need to fly from Heathrow to Bangkok around these dates although

it's not looking to good at the moment, these August prices are on a par with Xmas

and New Year and it's low season now in Pattaya.

If you want to go the exact same dates then I think you're screwed.

If you fancied flying a week earlier or a week later then there may be slightly better options.

Of course i will need to fly from Heathrow to Bangkok around these dates although

it's not looking to good at the moment, these August prices are on a par with Xmas

I booked 29th Nov to 29th Dec for £430 with qatar from manchester. Happy days!

and it's low season now in Pattaya.

Will be expensive from 16th July till around 22nd August if your outbound falls inbetween

Airline prices are the result of supply and demand.  When there is lower demand, the prices tend to be lower.  When there is high demand, prices tend to be higher.  That's the way it works.  Some may think the prices are unfair but it is also unfair to compare peak prices to the fares when flights are empty.  Often those flights are not profitable for the airlines.  When you travel during peak times, you have to search for flight times that might be more reasonable because they are less popular or put up with long layovers. 

August is a killer.I don't think there is a way around it at shortish notice.I think the prices davidge posted are good.You can look & look waiting for a deal & get nowhere.You may just have to cough it up.A timely post to remind members to book now for Christmas to get a decent price.I booked August months ago for £560 return on Thai Airways partly due to checking this forum regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the Europe the August is the main holiday month. Here in Finland it's mostly the July. No flight sales during these times...

An experienced traveller would always book about 3 months in advance for an August trip .i have been caught out myself in years gone by paying between 850 to 1000 for August trips by booking close to August but secured a direct flight from London to Bkk in April ,could have probably got it cheaper if I had booked in February

But I believe KLM can still be had for 619 pounds with a very short stopover ( 2 hours ) each way if you are travelling from London ,that is not bad . Prices are only going to keep climbing

Forgot to mention the dates my mate Departs Friday 7th August and returns on

Friday 28th August from Manchester to Bangkok he is flying with Finair via Helsinki

*edit*

Thought I found a cheap one, but put in Juli 7, instead of august.

Maybe look for a lastminute planeticket?

I have the same problem, want to go at peak, but don't want to wait for 8 hours or pay €1000 for a flight. So maybe have prospone my trip.

Hi Guys

Well i'm happy now booked Thai Airways non-stop new A380 for departure 19th August

and returning on 7th September for £527.99 with Expedia and no credit card charges.

Although not the same dates as my mate but will be there for his last 8 nights.

So in the end not a bad price after all. London Heathrow to Bangkok

it's the returning at the end of the first week of september that has kept the cost down as the kids are already back at school by then.

it's the returning at the end of the first week of september that has kept the cost down as the kids are already back at school by then.

Plenty of availability on Carriers from around £425 from 23/24th August onwards

If people are paying the higher prices during the school holidays, & over Christmas, its not really a rip-off, its the price people are prepared to pay to travel at that time.

Plenty of availability on Carriers from around £425 from 23/24th August onwards

going out or coming back to falangland?

going out or coming back to falangland?

Going out to Bangkok.

Etihad Jet KLM Qatar Oman from £412 to £445

Going out to Bangkok.

Etihad Jet KLM Qatar Oman from £412 to £445

well of course by that time it is too late to take the kids away, have a 2 week holiday and make it back for the start of term.

it's pressure on return flights to falangland at that time of year that makes august flights expensive.

delay the return till into september and the price falls

Archived