IGNORED

Buying used motorbike in Pattaya with 30day stamp passport!?

gessi

Hi guys,

can anyone give me an idea if I can buy (yes of course) a second hand motorbike in Pattaya and register it in my (foreigner) name without having a local residential status!?

• having passport with 30day stamp inside
  • having a registered Condo on same name with Chanod / land title
  • having no other residential status / papwerwork!?

Can someone give me an idea and if this is possible somehow? Also what I need from the seller to not have any problems afterwards (Green book, seeling paperwork, passport copy  etc.)???

Go to Jomtien with the condo book , you get a resident certificate for a few hundred Bht and you're good to go . 

Go to a shop to get the paperwork done . Good shop on Sumhumvit just after the entry to highway 7 left side . 

Go to Jomtien with the condo book , you get a resident certificate for a few hundred Bht and you're good to go . 

Hey thanks! That was something I'd have expected... I have my original Condo Chanod in Europe so will only have a copy handy and that won't work I do believe so!?

Hey thanks! That was something I'd have expected... I have my original Condo Chanod in Europe so will only have a copy handy and that won't work I do believe so!?

They want the original book . 

They want the original book . 

Yes understand... out of security reasons I have it in Germany as I travel each year 4-5x for 2-3 weeks to Thailand and the rest of the time my Condo is empty so I don't wanna leave those documents lying around there. Obviously I need to rethink this behavious...

Will bring it then next time and get it registered through this shop you mentioned on Sukhumvit road.

you can do it without condo book, but yes, what jerry said.

i have had many residency certificates done and bought bikes without owning any property here

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

last time i needed a resident cert i just gave them a telephone bill with my name on it[april to renew driving licences]

any holes a goal

At my last visit to Jomtien immigration they even accepted my condo building's business card as proof of address! I'd brought the chanote with me but no one wanted to see it. So I would think a utility bill would be more than sufficient.

• 3 weeks later...

You can ask your condo manager to print you a letter stating you are the owner and live there. 

Yes bills with your name and address should work, however most are listed to the apartment number not the name of the owner.

The doc's needed differ from Thai to Foreigner seller.

Thai, you only need copy of Thai ID.

Foreigner, you need the same as you.

In both cases if the owner is not going to the transport office then you will need the green booked to be signed by the seller and a Power of attorney letter signed (Bai Mob Chan Ta).

Do not forget a bill of sale Signed by both of you ( payment in full for the bike Reg number xxxx)  Not asked for but will be essential if there is a problem.

If you go to the transport office you will need to take the bike

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived