Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Oman Aviation booked £407

Harvey707

For 14th October till 20th December awesome price but plenty of other dates similar prices.  5-6 Agents very close pricing as well so obviously Oman with promotion on. Will join their FF scheme as well

Connection 1 hour 25 outbound and 1 hour dead on inbound

I flew with Oman in January this year. Good plane, but they cancelled my flight home and I was left to buy another ticket to get home. Worst thing is, the original flight actually went ! They said they had to cancel as the transfer time was too tight, still waiting for the refund as well. So I would never travel with them again.

As it happens I'm flying in on Wednesday with Thai, £442 on Opodo, booked on Friday

They are good Airline, but with the cheap fairs in Ecco you will not get many miles. However, they use different amount of "miles" for tier levels. If you fly them enough in a year, you will progress there. But do not expect too much of it. Beside of the lounge access, a little bit more luggage and Business check in, there is no recognition of your higher status. 

Old Airport in Muscat sucks because they bus you there from and to the plane, but the new part will open soon. 

Poor airline compared to other middle eastern airlines

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I flew with Oman in January this year. Good plane, but they cancelled my flight home and I was left to buy another ticket to get home. Worst thing is, the original flight actually went ! They said they had to cancel as the transfer time was too tight, still waiting for the refund as well. So I would never travel with them again.

As it happens I'm flying in on Wednesday with Thai, £442 on Opodo, booked on Friday

Transfer time has always been one hour on inbound sectors. Cancelled your flight and told you to buy another ticket !!  Calling you out buddy on that one !!  

Poor airline compared to other middle eastern airlines

Opposite to what I am reading elsewhere !

Flew with them and they ain't to bad tbh as someone else mentioned muscat isn't a great stop off airport but new one will be opening soon.

Would fly with them again.

They are good Airline, but with the cheap fairs in Ecco you will not get many miles. However, they use different amount of "miles" for tier levels. If you fly them enough in a year, you will progress there. But do not expect too much of it. Beside of the lounge access, a little bit more luggage and Business check in, there is no recognition of your higher status. 

Old Airport in Muscat sucks because they bus you there from and to the plane, but the new part will open soon. 

I'm reading that possibly opening later this year 2015 but more likely January 2016. I've been to Muscat before (not using Oman) couple times so know what the existing Airport is like.

I liked Oman Air thought they were very good OK you get the bus to the plane but that's not a big problem and I prefer them to Qatar.

The reason I am flying with Qatar next time is because of the price LHR -BKK £356 I grabbed it while it was still there at that price a couple of weeks ago.

It makes a big difference to me as I was buying 4 tickets.

Enjoy your flight it is a good airline.

I liked Oman Air thought they were very good OK you get the bus to the plane but that's not a big problem and I prefer them to Qatar.

The reason I am flying with Qatar next time is because of the price LHR -BKK £356 I grabbed it while it was still there at that price a couple of weeks ago.

It makes a big difference to me as I was buying 4 tickets.

Enjoy your flight it is a good airline.

Awesome price indeed on Qatar.

I haven't seen prices like this since the end of the 90's to Bkk.......When you consider income/salary increases in 15 years (plus) makes flying very cheap these days

Transfer time has always been one hour on inbound sectors. Cancelled your flight and told you to buy another ticket !!  Calling you out buddy on that one !!  

Opposite to what I am reading elsewhere !

"Calling me out" , what does that mean ? I wrote a bit on trip advisor under last minute/Oman Air for all to see. It also has the reply from lastminute confirming that it happened and that they don't understand why they done it either. Just beware of them, that's all I'm saying...cheapest isn't always best, as I found out.

"Calling me out" , what does that mean ? I wrote a bit on trip advisor under last minute/Oman Air for all to see. It also has the reply from lastminute confirming that it happened and that they don't understand why they done it either. Just beware of them, that's all I'm saying...cheapest isn't always best, as I found out.

Work it out yourself sir.....

Oman contacted you within Thailand and told you they were cancelling your flight because for some bizarre reason the transit time that had been operational for the previous 5 years (I checked) was suddenly not enough time, and and by the way Sir go and buy yourself another ticket, and by the way sir pay for it yourself.

Didn't happen.

Any Airline that Cancels a Scheduled Flight has the standard duty of care of hotel plus re Routing at the Airlines expense and in addition some provide further compensation.

Eva in 1996 did for myself from Bangkok and Emirates in 2007 both flights cancelled for operational reasons.

Eva put me in a hotel in Bangkok gave me 14,000 Baht and put me on BA10 later the same day in the evening

Emirates put us in a hotel for 4 Hours and onto the next flight with 12,200 Baht as Compensation

Just telling it as it is Harvey707. Yes that's what I'd expect a good airline to do, best Oman could do was offer me a hotel in Muscat Airport, 24 hour wait with NO food or expenses. Currently waiting for the refund and a reply to my complaint and request for compensation.

I guess you take your chance.......

Just telling it as it is Harvey707. Yes that's what I'd expect a good airline to do, best Oman could do was offer me a hotel in Muscat Airport, 24 hour wait with NO food or expenses. Currently waiting for the refund and a reply to my complaint and request for compensation.

I guess you take your chance.......

Hang on thats not what you said.......You were in Thailand and they cancelled the return flight because of a supposedly too short transit time despite it having been the same for at least 5 years.  Then told to buy a new ticket.

Are you now saying that the flight did depart from Thailand but you arrived too late at Muscat for the connection hence standard hotel offered.

NB am not sticking up for Oman here but some seem to forget the written word on any format is libelous if inaccurate and likely to lose revenue because of it. Stating that an airline refused to take you home is Libelous. This Forum is no different

Trying to book a flight for £407 with Oman Air via sky Scanner links.......

Heathrow to Bangkok  Aug 12th - Feb 11th
However every time i go through to final stage of booking it via agent it wont let me complete the purchase??

It could be that particular fare doesn't allow that long a stay?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It could be that particular fare doesn't allow that long a stay?

It is still showing up on searches, plus other dates up to 6 months trip.

Yes. I checked on a few sites. All showed fare but then said unavailable at next stage!

Ebookers have Qatar at £471.05?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Trying to book a flight for £407 with Oman Air via sky Scanner links.......

Heathrow to Bangkok  Aug 12th - Feb 11th

However every time i go through to final stage of booking it via agent it wont let me complete the purchase??

Travel up have that fare at £406 with standard connections

If you want mega cheap they have it also at £381 but with extensive transit time on outbound flights.

Dont use Sky Scanner absolute crap. Just use Travel Supermarket

only use oman once very old plane in fact i was put in with the rear gunner..........................

Travel up have that fare at £406 with standard connections

If you want mega cheap they have it also at £381 but with extensive transit time on outbound flights.

Dont use Sky Scanner absolute crap. Just use Travel Supermarket

It shows up as that....... but have you tried to go ahead and book it?

You will find that it kicks you out or shows up as error.

Checked again today, still doing the same thing...................

Sod it, might just book Qatar flight at £458 instead

I got a ticket on Sky Scanner a few weeks ago for Qatar Airways in September, £377 .Good times as well ...Couldn't believe it ..lol

No problems ....Why do you say Sky Scanner is crap Harvey707 ?

It shows up as that....... but have you tried to go ahead and book it?

You will find that it kicks you out or shows up as error.

Checked again today, still doing the same thing...................

Sod it, might just book Qatar flight at £458 instead

Well obviously not but I did have a look on Omans own website for those dates.  I was very surprised it was available bearing in mind the outbound date peak season (for leaving the uk) came in at £561

Better the devil you know in my opinion and Qatar is still a cracking price for a 6 month ticket. Hell its a good price for a one month ticket !!

Try something first. Last year I had Crystal Travel coming up cheapest for an Etihad flight I wanted. Straight through the booking system but when came to payment page nothing was happening, just sort of refreshing.

Phoned Crystal and they said do it again but this time use Internet Explorer. Bingo straight through no problem

I got a ticket on Sky Scanner a few weeks ago for Qatar Airways in September, £377 .Good times as well ...Couldn't believe it ..lol

No problems ....Why do you say Sky Scanner is crap Harvey707 ?

Ok maybe crap was the wrong word. Having stopped work now have a lot of time on my hands so often play around with best rates for Flights, for Bank atm's overseas etc etc.

Travel Supermarket came up time after time for cheapest flights compared to kayak, skyscanner,opodo etc etc

Not by much around £10 normally but it was so repetitive over the 3 months I was testing that now straight to Travel Super and don't even bother with the rest

I traveled with Oman last year, new plane on both legs, but the passengers blocked the toilets with shit both ways.

I traveled with Oman last year, new plane on both legs, but the passengers blocked the toilets with shit both ways.

I shall be sure to watch out for Blocked Carsie's

Archived