IGNORED

Where can I buy a portable gas cooker

Punter

I've managed to shed quite a bit of weight in preparation for my next trip to Pattaya in less than six weeks time. I am planning on trying to keep it off while there for a month. In the past I've always put on up to a stone in weight. This has been through drinking lots of beer and over eating.

I was thinking of buying a small gas cooker to do about one meal a day in my room. I doubt it's allowed, but there's a balcony so it shouldn't be a problem. I mean small as in the type you'd take camping. 

Is there anywhere in Pattaya I would be able to buy one, or would I be better off bringing one from the UK. Having said that, taking gas cannisters on a plane might not be a good idea.

You can buy them everywhere. Try Lotus or BigC. Most common i think are those that have a lid for a small butane canister. Out of memory they will cost around 700BHT.

Basement level Tukcom was the cheapest at 350B and 40B per gas canister!  Cheaper than Home pro and Big C by around 100B!

post-82617-0-69354400-1433841411_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-46954300-1433841616_thumb.png

I've managed to shed quite a bit of weight in preparation for my next trip to Pattaya in less than six weeks time. I am planning on trying to keep it off while there for a month. In the past I've always put on up to a stone in weight. This has been through drinking lots of beer and over eating.

I was thinking of buying a small gas cooker to do about one meal a day in my room. I doubt it's allowed, but there's a balcony so it shouldn't be a problem. I mean small as in the type you'd take camping. 

Is there anywhere in Pattaya I would be able to buy one, or would I be better off bringing one from the UK. Having said that, taking gas cannisters on a plane might not be a good idea.

I thought the same and ended up only using mine for coffee and toast (which is a saving) as far as keeping the weight off there are plenty of salad bars at the super markets/live markets where you can buy salad @ around 12B per 100 grams and 3 boiled duck eggs for 25B!  And for those treat days a BBQ chicken for 150B!  So I would not worry about cooking in your room...  :GoldenSmile1:

When i left my rented house and moved to condo i had same issue.

Gas is totally forbidden here where i live.

Bought induction cooking plate.

It is even faster then gas and when is windy no problem.

1 liter water, cooking in 3 min.

Nice with timer, exactly soft boiled eggs.

Thanks for all your replies. The supermarket salad and barbecued chicken option sounds good.

Soi 16, did you get your induction cooking plate in Pattaya and if so whereabouts. I've had a look at them on Amazon and it says you have to use induction compatible pans but that is probably crap. 

Just google "induction kitchen ware".

Every shop in Pattaya have these. Must be mangnetic somehow.

Bought this in Home Pro. Including one kettle. Fast like lighting.

20150609_220011.jpg

^ you obviously need the right kind of pan to cook on though! 

In big C, you can buy roasted chicken and bags of salad, from their salad bar. 

• 3 weeks later...

Gas stoves are illegal in all condos. hotels also. Inside or out on balcony.

Induction are not easy to use because of special requirements.

Eat out. Or get a regular electric cooker. Look in Power Buy.

Archived