Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Starting a dead battery

Trvlr

What is the common procedure in Pattaya to get a motorbike going after it has been sitting for a few months and won't start?

Go to a motorbike shop and ask the guy to come? Call some sort of tow service -of which I am unaware? Start pushing? About what should it cost.

Thanks.

I wonder if you will actually wait for someone to tell you what to do, or use your head?

You could try rubbing a magic lamp and a genie will appear.

Barfine a stunner from Baccara and ask her to fix it.

Disconnect the battery and get it charged.

If none of the above work you should consider shooting yourself

I wonder if you will actually wait for someone to tell you what to do, or use your head?

How would you know? It's pretty obvious that you don't have much of a head to begin with.

Sounds like you have already done that to yourself. That's as much of a brain dead answer as I have ever seen .

Make a huge effort and try to understand the question. It's not that hard!

If it's not too far push it to a bike shop - they might charge the battery or they might fit a new one for 7-800 Baht.

I'm assuming it's an auto' otherwise you'd bump start it.

You can kick start motorbikes.

For a Honda Click: insert your key, turn the engine on (it will be 'dead' ofc). Press and hold the ignition button, open the throttle a little bit and use the kick starter with your right foot.

Kick start or bump start are obviously not possible or the question wouldn't have come up.

I guess I will have to bring jumper cables with me. No one mentioned them so I assume they are not in common use here.

Kick start or bump start are obviously not possible or the question wouldn't have come up.

I guess I will have to bring jumper cables with me. No one mentioned them so I assume they are not in common use here.

If you have a portable charger connect it to the power and hook up the leads to the correct terminal on the battery may have to charge for overnight? If the battery has them take the caps of to let the vapour escape while your charging

failing that take the battery out of the bike and take it to a motorbike shop or an auto electrician if they have them there.

The battery could be fucked and won't take charge, in that case you'll need a new one.

And don't hold a naked flame or cigarette near a battery.

Ok, maybe you should have been more clear in your question.  :LOL2:

Have you another battery?  Jumper cables don't work off nipples!

It's been 3 hours now.

Can't believe anyone is that far from a bike shop.

If it's a bit further to a bike shop (the small repair shops are everywhere, then just pay a thai to walk the bike there.

If it's a bit further to a bike shop (the small repair shops are everywhere, then just pay a thai to walk the bike there.

Or they'll give you a foot push there for 20 Baht.

It sounds like a battery problem, take it out and bring it to a moto sop.

They will check it and or charge or replace it.

No biggie!

Shooting yourself is usually quicker than any of the above, and certainly less painful than trying to bar fine a Baccara stunner if you are bald white.

You can buy portable jump starters on ebay, if not an option then maybe one of the bike shops will have one.

Is it so hard to figure out you either push the bike to a shop or take the battery out and bring it to a bike shop for a recharge? Or just buy a new one, they aren't very expensive.

Get one of the "Moto Taxi guys" to look at it.  Most of them can fix flats, dead batteries, etc.  

If they cant fix it Im positive they will know where u should go.  Have them pull u there for a few baht. 

Is it so hard to figure out you either push the bike to a shop or take the battery out and bring it to a bike shop for a recharge? Or just buy a new one, they aren't very expensive.

Is it so hard to figure out that I DON'T want to push a heavy bike through potholed streets? Or muck around with a battery?

It may be an alien concept to you, but some people do have the luxury of paying others to do their work.

This post has been quite interesting. Some people have genuinely tried to answer the question: is it normal practice to get someone over to take a look. But many have wasted everyone's time by simply stating the obvious, maybe in the belief that they are saying something important. Others have made beer-soaked attempts at humor, that may be funny to their beer-soaked companions, but just appear foolish to everyone else. Some have simply been offensive.

I guess that is the nature of these boards.

For those holding their breath and counting hours, the battery isn't dead. But it probably will be in two months and some days. By then I will have a comfortable solution. Maybe even the obvious one.

Is it so hard to figure out that I DON'T want to push a heavy bike through potholed streets? Or muck around with a battery?

It may be an alien concept to you, but some people do have the luxury of paying others to do their work.

Well in your OP you asked "What is the common procedure in Pattaya to get a motorbike going after it has been sitting for a few months and won't start?"  The common practice is to push it to a nearby shop,  it may be an alien concept to you, but most people aren't so lazy or inept that they can't push a bike for 5-10 minutes without having to dole out money, like someone incapable of performing any form of manual labor. 

Well in your OP you asked "What is the common procedure in Pattaya to get a motorbike going after it has been sitting for a few months and won't start?"  The common practice is to push it to a nearby shop,  it may be an alien concept to you, but most people aren't so lazy or inept that they can't push a bike for 5-10 minutes without having to dole out money, like someone incapable of performing any form of manual labor. 

You are obviously not going to have anything of value to contribute, and all we will do now is go back and forth with insults.

That's pretty easy to do, but I will pass. I will let you have the last insult, and merely suggest that you try some meditation. It helps some people.

Archived