IGNORED

National parks fees, no more same price as thais with DL.

soi16

Thai Residents:

Adults: 40 baht (2015 fees)

Foreigners:

Adults: 400 baht (2015 fees). Note: In the past foreigners living in Thailand were able to enter for the Thai Residents fee if showing a Thai work permit, driving license or student card. However, from March 2015 these documents are no longer accepted, only a true Thai ID Card or Thai Passport allows one to enter for the Thai Resident fee.

Avoid all parks in future and save money. Do not spend nothing anymore these days.

Before spend about 60000b/m now under 300000b/m.

Who got my baths before? of cause thais.

Today nobody keep them in the bank.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Khao_Yai_National_Park

So you spend 5 times as much now?

And what should a thai do with a bath? They prefer showers .

Glad I saw them all when I got the discount. probably Koh Samet is the only one I would still visit.

Thai baht.jpg

versus Thai peo123.gif

Does that apply to all "Tourist Attractions" that were discounted if you had a TDL?

attachicon.gifThai baht.jpg

versus Thai peo123.gif

We can bang on about this till the day we die edge,as sure as night follows day people will insist on bath instead of baht! 

What about those of us with a yellow book?  I know in the past I paid the same as a Thai with my yellow book, speaking Thai and of course my good looks and charm :)

That's interesting. I never even knew that the exception was official policy even though I usually end up just paying the local rate without producing any documentation. Last time I visited a National Park (Khao Yai) in February this year I didn't even try to get the discount, I just said in Thai "Two foreigners, two Thais" and they insisted that I only pay the Thai rate!

I'm going to deliberately try to blag myself the 'Thai' discount next time I visit a National Park just because they're trying to stop it.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Yes, it is 10 times the price difference, 40 baht compared to 400.

I showed my gal this last trip and informed her that this was fucking bullshit. She agreed.

I did most of the National Parks back in the late 80s and 90s and it was the same cost for farangs and Thais!

Haven't entered one since they raised the price for farangs.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Archived