IGNORED

Need help! struggling for the perfect hotel

Donkey82

Am hoping someone can suggest a hotel for me which ticks a list of boxes. In the past I've stayed at page 10 or Tim boutique (before it ceased to be GF ) but looking to try something different.

I am travelling with just myself and another monger. We are on slightly different budgets for the trip which is what is prompting the change in hotel.

Place must be girl friendly and allow 18/19 year olds if the situation arises. Joiner fee not preferred but would not be an absolute deal breaker if all other boxes were ticked.

Must have the option of a cheaper room for my friend up to say 2750 or 3k a night plus a higher spec room up to say 5500 or 6k a night for me. Latter must include a large bath ideally whirlpool.

Was looking at the LK hotels but they either seem to be unwelcoming of 19 year olds or in the cases of the others like metropole or royal suite get pretty mixed reviews.

Page 10 ticks all the boxes other than the availability of a higher spec room other than a suite that's about 7k a night and doesn't look worth the money.

Cape Dara seems to tick most of the boxes also but there is a 1k joiner fee and unsure on a 20 year rule.

Any help much appreciated as I need to book soon!

Thanks in advance

If carlsberg made hotels lol............I dont think the perfect hotel exists,maybe go with the tried and tested if you cant come to a decision,at least you know whats in store.

Sorry its not really helping you,but your search could last forever if you wanted perfection in every aspect!

Am hoping someone can suggest a hotel for me which ticks a list of boxes. In the past I've stayed at page 10 or Tim boutique (before it ceased to be GF ) but looking to try something different.

I am travelling with just myself and another monger. We are on slightly different budgets for the trip which is what is prompting the change in hotel.

Place must be girl friendly and allow 18/19 year olds if the situation arises. Joiner fee not preferred but would not be an absolute deal breaker if all other boxes were ticked.

Must have the option of a cheaper room for my friend up to say 2750 or 3k a night plus a higher spec room up to say 5500 or 6k a night for me. Latter must include a large bath ideally whirlpool.

Was looking at the LK hotels but they either seem to be unwelcoming of 19 year olds or in the cases of the others like metropole or royal suite get pretty mixed reviews.

Page 10 ticks all the boxes other than the availability of a higher spec room other than a suite that's about 7k a night and doesn't look worth the money.

Cape Dara seems to tick most of the boxes also but there is a 1k joiner fee and unsure on a 20 year rule.

Any help much appreciated as I need to book soon!

Thanks in advance

LK empress might suit you,also you can bypass the front desk if I remember so don't matter who you bring back

Have you contacted Page 10 and got a quote for the high spec room - internet prices are one thing direct quotations are another - I have never heard of anyone paying 7k for that room

Alternatively Tim Ward - SHARKY - has a Pimp Pad in VT6 that meets your criteria (others will put up a link) - your friend could get a room there also for less money - or he could stay in Page 10 round the corner

VT6 Super Girl Friendly - as many as you want a day - security keeps their ID - great location and you will get cleaners and the like thrown in - same as a hotel - just set the deal up how you want it

I agree that the "perfect" hotel is pretty much an impossibility. Perfect for one is not for another.

The Marriott would be the closest I have found it - 100% girl friendly.

One thing I would query is the OPs statement that Cape Dara charges a 1000 Baht joiner fee. I have a sneaky feeling he may be relying on a standard policy reply to an enquiry as opposed to reality on the ground. Its a great hotel, I only stayed one night though. Booked with Agoda whcih gives double occupancy and had no questions asked at all. Others may be able to dispue this so it would be good if anyone else has experiences there.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Nova Platinum

Residence Garden

Thanks guys,

I have no personal experience getting charged the fee at Cape Dara, but I called them and the bookings person I spoke to said pretty clearly that 'if she is with you at check in then no problem, otherwise 1000THB per guest'.

I think in the end I'm going to give one of the suites at Renaissance a go and take it from there.

GM of Marriot told me no problem with girls but must have id.

I wouldn,t be contacting hotels and telling them the ages of my guest though. They are either legal or not.

Your budget is twice that of your friends and you want the tricked up bathtub. I wish I had your budget. 40000 approx for a weeks accomodation.

Socrates suggested VT6. Good call. Lots of options here and within your mates budget too. Great location.

Would you guys mind posting a trip report with lots of photos of the young ladies please.

I am sure a lot of condo owners will be contacting you over the next day or 2. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Thanks guys,

I have no personal experience getting charged the fee at Cape Dara, but I called them and the bookings person I spoke to said pretty clearly that 'if she is with you at check in then no problem, otherwise 1000THB per guest'.

I think in the end I'm going to give one of the suites at Renaissance a go and take it from there.

Have you looked at Sharkys Pimp Pad? It's a double unit by the way

Not one of the Renaissance places has a decent swimming pool and its all marble and gaudy over the top decoration

Socrates - thank you sir for the tip! I had always assumed Agoda was the cheapest for hotels due to their price promise, but they were asking around 7000 for a suite at Page 10 (not even the 808 Suite).

Went to the Page 10 website and managed to book the 808 suite for a touch over 4k including taxes. Good result! Reckon that saving should be applied to an upgrade from Mr Taxi to Devil's Den bus for the journey down :Clap8:

Socrates - thank you sir for the tip! I had always assumed Agoda was the cheapest for hotels due to their price promise, but they were asking around 7000 for a suite at Page 10 (not even the 808 Suite).

Went to the Page 10 website and managed to book the 808 suite for a touch over 4k including taxes. Good result! Reckon that saving should be applied to an upgrade from Mr Taxi to Devil's Den bus for the journey down :Clap8:

While you are there next time take a look at Sharkys Pad - if was spending your kind of money that is exactly where I would stay....

I'm a big fan of the Marriott, too, but I don't know if your buddy can score a room for 2700-3000 baht.

He may be able to get in at Holiday Inn at that rate with a pre-pay booking, and you could look into their suites.  It's a little far down Beach Road, but very GF.

Ah sheeet socrates . If only I'd seen that link earlier. Look a bargain! Would have been all over it but already booked the 808 at Page 10 now. Seriously considering forfeiting my deposit and booking this instead!

Ah sheeet socrates . If only I'd seen that link earlier. Look a bargain! Would have been all over it but already booked the 808 at page 10 now. Seriously considering forfeiting my deposit and booking this instead!

Where is your mate booked in? If it's Page 10 shift your deposit over to his room and he can pay you back but before you do that is Sharkys place available on your dates?

VT6, room 659-18th floor. It's huge room with an amazing view & a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the bay. Check out www.dancewatchers.com and click on VIP rooms near bottom of first page.

Big Mike.

I booked at The hotel Baraquda, the standard rooms are around your lower end budget, where as the suite is where I will be staying.

I hear it is very GF and a nice 5 star close to lots of things.

Prices vary depending on when you are going too

With the building of new hotels in Pattaya the prices for other accommodations will have to come down so that they are marketable if not then they will sit empty. One is not going to Pattaya to just pay to stay in a hotel or condo that is overpriced so that they can look cool - It is hard looking cool staying there spending all of your money where one could stay in a place like August Suites and have as many women as you want during your trip. It is not wise to make the other guy rich or pay for his place you sure are not getting nothing out of it.

Archived