Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flipper Lodge or Honey Inn

lawmaker007

Hey guys... I am little confused as to which hotel to book between Flipper Lodge and Honey Inn. Honey Inn rooms look bigger and new but located in 2nd road. flipper lodge rooms look little small and no in-room safe but location is perfect.

i spend more time in WS and in Beer bar on beach road, this is forcing me to look at flipper lodge as option but honey inn rooms are good with balcony which helps people like me who are smokers.

Please help me with your views. Rooms cost the same @ Agoda.

Cheers

If Honey Inn has a better facility, take it. Anyway Pattaya isn't that big for you to get around. Enjoy your stay!

I am staying at Flipper House now. I agree that the rooms (not in C wing) are a little beat up but I find that the great staff makes it an enjoyable stay so far.

No in-room safe but they do have safe deposit boxes in the lobby with decent hours of operation to grab cash for the evening.

One warning though is that the internet is crap. Keep getting disconnected and the speed varies from decent to very slow.

WS/Beach Road Beer Bars

Flipper

Natural Beach (and Ban Silaa behind a little better and better price)

Nautical Inn

Baywalk Residence

Honey Lodge (as opposed to Honey Inn) has been renovated and a good location for WS and easy baht bus to anywhere.

Stayed in the Flipper house (sister hotel of flipper lodge on Soi 7) last trip, thought it was good not far away from WS, Soi 6. But also far enough so that you could get a good nights sleep, without hearing music blaring. Next trip (August 2015) we will be staying in Flipper Lodge have heard many good things about it from friends, and if going by the Flipper house, i think it will be a good choice!!

Flipper Lodge has some renovated rooms, and they have safes in them...  B wing I think?  5th floor?  maybe even more now...

stayed one night in a non renovated one, it was beat up...

lovely location and good place overall!

I stayed there last trip. Excellent location. Yes small room but good price. I would stay there again. Don't know about the other. Probably better for u since u like WS.

Agreed that at one time Flipper Lodge staff were 1st class now not so, I'm speaking about Reception and Pool Side staff,what a miserable lazy shower,if you get a smile at the Reception that is now a big deal were once it was,to me,one of the most welcoming hotels on Beach Road and a few of the poolside staff seem to be more occupied with squeezing their zits and pulling out any grey hairs they have and never away from their mobile phones.

than providing a service like keeping tables and chairs clean and tidy,removing empty plates,bottles etc.from the tables.

Crunchie

Agreed that at one time Flipper Lodge staff were 1st class now not so, I'm speaking about Reception and Pool Side staff,what a miserable lazy shower,if you get a smile at the Reception that is now a big deal were once it was,to me,one of the most welcoming hotels on Beach Road and a few of the poolside staff seem to be more occupied with squeezing their zits and pulling out any grey hairs they have and never away from their mobile phones.

than providing a service like keeping tables and chairs clean and tidy,removing empty plates,bottles etc.from the tables.

Yes work desk reception and their employees has deteriorated rapidly, and their former behavior is warm personnel exchange employees long gone and far from pleasant behavior unfortunately

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I have found when you go through a service you get a good price on the room but the add on's make negate any savings, i.e., tax, service charges and a few other charges that just outraged me. I don't mean this as a put down.   i stayed at honey hotel once and had such a bad experience that I never went back YMMV.  

Can't beat the locations of flpper and honey and they are both  girl friendly.

I can without fear of objection say that the Apex hotel is the best place, best location for those on an budget.

For me Honey Inn have an edge with newer rooms, nice wi fi..

Here's some pics of when I stayed in honey inn last December 2014 the room is very spacious and I enjoyed my stay over. For $33 a night it's not a bad choice and close to everything.

image.jpg

image.jpg

thanks guys... booked my stay at Honey Inn. 

thanks guys... booked my stay at Honey Inn. 

Please later tell how you have been satisfied with a brief description of your experience. Thanks in advance for the info.

Probably the better choice, Definately let us know what you think.

I have stayed in both Flipper hotels a few times and agree that they are going down hill, latest time was in flipper house in late April, About the only good thing was the food and maid service, The rooms are getting tired, The Wifi was either crap or non existent, the staff generally disinterested, although one lady at reception was always hapy and flirting with me,

Will definately explore other options next trip

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I will be staying there again in December and I hope they have not gone down since then. Just a little tip to go down a little early for the free breakfast buffet they have. I really loved the omelette which made upon order and right in front of you.

• 2 weeks later...

What a shame to hear about the staff at Flipper lodge. I stayed there last year and the front desk was pretty friendly but I dont doubt for a moment it has changed. I found the location to be great but the hotel was a bit run down to be honest and the lack of an in-room safe would stop me booking again.

FLIPPERS

Many customers resent that there is no free wi-fi. Many customers criticizes shabby chic gone mad old rooms and old carpets with poor air conditioning. Many customers criticizes the absence (no safe) room.
Yes, I agree that the front desk staff FL really went down by their behavior and their warmth not be what it used to be. At the reception it exchanged a few employees.
Positive and positive points are the breakfast, the location of hotels and swimming pools.

FLIPPERS

Many customers resent that there is no free wi-fi. Many customers criticizes shabby chic gone mad old rooms and old carpets with poor air conditioning. Many customers criticizes the absence (no safe) room.Yes, I agree that the front desk staff FL really went down by their behavior and their warmth not be what it used to be. At the reception it exchanged a few employees.Positive and positive points are the breakfast, the location of hotels and swimming pools.

Perfectly analyzed Thajlec.....wifi has become crucial deal breaker for me and perhaps majority...pools are nice at rooftop, BG nice options till 1am...but else hotel is going downhill

• 1 month later...

Stayed at Flipper Lodge once, only lasted one night.

Room was an absolute tip, old shabby furniture and a mat on the floor that may have been the saddle blanket from Josephs donkey.

Reception staff, rigor mortis has set in on their face muscles

Had heard good reviews about it from some regulars but obviously they had less expectations than me.

Moved out next morning and went up to Eastiny place.

Much better room, 

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

If you stay in Flipper lodge always book a room in the B building. A building is old and rooms are worn out.

Honey inn is far better for me as I don't go to LOS to swim...

Only one advantage is the pool with Flipper. It's fast going downhill. Can't imagine a hotel charging for WiFi and that too crapy.

Honey Inn..nice rain shower, better sized rooms, service orientation, quite fast n free internet holds an upper hand for sure

Archived