IGNORED

Windows 10 Reservation

Oukiva

Hi,

One step more towards the next Microsoft system:

This night a new icon appeared on my Windows 7 computers:

AWin10_desktop-pop-up_postRTW_en-us-gb.j

It allows you to register to receive (free) the next Windows 10

when he will become available (July 29?)

Looks like Microsoft is preparing gently and nicely this important migration :)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

This is gonna be interesting.

I might even have a play with this myself (haven't used windows as my primary machine for years)

There has to be a 'but' ... Microsoft isn't going to upgrade all there users for free . 

There has to be a 'but' ... Microsoft isn't going to upgrade all there users for free .

No. They wont and i am certain i have read somewhere that from here on in Windows licensing will be based on an ongoing subscription rather than a one-of license fee for each "upgrade".

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

In the FQA list with it , you can see it is free and stay free IFF you update in the offered time period limit ...! Later you should have to pay if you update out of the  period . Counts for 7   8 & 8.1  oem 's included , and new bought machines would be sold with O.S. Windows 10 from  .....( forgot date :Dunno1: )

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

If I remember correctly the free upgrade applies to owners of Windows 8.1 but not Windows 8 (Windows 8 owners had the opportunity to "upgrade" to Windows 8.1 some time ago. but not all owners took advantage of it).

I think the reasoning behind it has to do with the cost of supporting older versions of Windows (support for Windows XP  recently ceased).  If they can migrate all users to Windows 10 then they will shortly phase out support for Windows 7 and 8 (neither of which have a big number of users percentage wise).  That will significantly reduce their ongoing operating costs.

No. They wont and i am certain i have read somewhere that from here on in Windows licensing will be based on an ongoing subscription rather than a one-of license fee for each "upgrade".

If I remember correctly the free upgrade applies to owners of Windows 8.1 but not Windows 8 (Windows 8 owners had the opportunity to "upgrade" to Windows 8.1 some time ago. but not all owners took advantage of it).

Hi guys. Why do you try to make that so difficult?

Microsoft want Windows 10 to succeed and to reach 1 billion devices within 3 years. For that they use a simple system:

Anyone who will install Windows 10 between 2015 July 29th and 1 year later will have Windows 10 for FREE.

There will be no one-off license, no subscription, no condition on the OS you have.

It will be FREE as long as you will use it if you installed it during this first year.

From August 2016 it will be back to the old system when you will have to buy your license.

Interesting.

Q: Windows 10 Technical Preview users, what do you think of it?

Hi. I would like to know what CNET users think about the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Do any of you out there have it installed?

I do and I am having a world of problems with it. Every new build (I currently have 10121 installed) brings with it new issues.

The Microsoft Forums are not really helpful when it comes to solving these problems and I was wondering if others are sharing my experience and my frustration.

I decided to try the Windows 10 preview because I had used the Windows 8.1 preview and had a good experience with it. This time around it has been a real nightmare. Thank you.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Microsoft is giving Windows 10 FREE to anyone who purchased windows 7 or 8.... FREE... nothing to pay!

and they are giving everyone 12 months to upgrade free to windows 10. If you dont upgrade within 12 months THEN you have to buy it....but the fact they are pushing the update to everyones PCs now before RTM means they want everyone to migrate over.

they are building the MS / all in one store so it makes sense to have more people on the platform, more customers can then buy from their store, etc etc....

I've been running Windows 10 for around 6 months and it's great

Billyboy, I had problems with previous builds but i'm on 10130 now and no issues at all...

MS's objectives are to turn Win10 into a subscription based (aka fee based) usage platform...

Are you ready to pay a monthly fee?

MS's objectives are to turn Win10 into a subscription based (aka fee based) usage platform...

Are you ready to pay a monthly fee?

Microsoft aren't charging a subscription for Windows 10. pricing has already been released.

they are giving it FREE, for some good will to it's customers (and most likely to get everyone onto the same app store ecosystem) the more people using the app store, the more money they will make...

It'll cost you $119 USD for Windows 10 Home and $199 USD for Windows 10 Pro.

This pricing comes via CNET and is only applicable to Windows users not eligible for the free upgrade from compatible versions of Windows 7 or Windows 8... or for anyone who doesn't take advantage of the one-year upgrade window.

These prices are in line with the cost of purchasing equivalent versions of Windows 8.

Speaking of which, the free upgrade applies to an equitable version of Windows 10, meaning Windows 7/8.1 Home users can access a free upgrade to Windows 10 Home, while Windows 7/8.1 Pro users can freely jump to Windows 10 Pro.

The upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro will cost $99 USD. Windows 10 releases at the end of July.

How many times have you seen in on the internet, whether it be in news stories from sites who know nothing about Microsoft, or from commenters who love spreading false information. Or you've seen it from readers who are genuinely confused about what Microsoft plans to do. Let's help stop the FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) and set the record straight.

Windows 10 will not have an annual fee. Windows 10 will not charge you a yearly subscription after the free-for-one-year upgrade offer expires. Microsoft's Gabe Aul took it to Twitter just the other day to reiterate this point, after one Twitter user asked him to be clear.

Archived