IGNORED

Soi 7/8 hotels

Trevor69

I am staying in Patts in November and i have tried many hotels in different areas but i have never stayed on soi 7/8.Does anybody have any recco's in the 1000 to 1500 baht per night range around or on these sois. Cheers,Trevor

Flipper Lodge on Soi 8 was my regular hotel for many years. A long time since I've stayed there.

Still gets decent reports.

You may get it at the top end of your price range,

Sister hotel Flipper House is on Soi 7.

Globetrotter Restaurant just off Soi 7 has rooms but I don't know what they're like.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Sunshine hotel and residence soi 8, great hotel, I usually stay in a room in the new building, this place has 3 pools, no joiner fee

Only stayed in the Flipper house soi 7 enjoyed it nice pool on roof,rooms big enough for me.close to central and bus route,some bars on 7 ok.Staff ok.

Eastiny group. Eastiny place, Eastiny Bella Vista and residence etc.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Eastiny group. Eastiny place, Eastiny Bella Vista and residence etc.

I really like Bella Vista and usually stay there.  I really like that it's not really in the noisy part of the bar area.

Never stayed in the others.  Is there much difference between that one and the others?

I've got Flipper Lodge booked for February as I couldn't book Bella Vista online for the dates I'll be there but may change.

I really like Bella Vista and usually stay there.  I really like that it's not really in the noisy part of the bar area.

Never stayed in the others.  Is there much difference between that one and the others?

I've got Flipper Lodge booked for February as I couldn't book Bella Vista online for the dates I'll be there but may change.

Bella Vista is the cheapest of these hotels. Bella Vista has fewer rich breakfast far as I know. Bella Vista no have swimming pool. Other differences will probably be in the other room, as indeed in other hotels.

I stayed @ Flipper Lodge Soi 8 for a few weeks. Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Must have been plenty of mongers staying there because Security desk was very busy checking/returning TG's ID. Had registered for 2 & had TGF with me entire time., so cannot speak to joiner fee (don't think there was one). I was in the least expensive wing where rooms had no inroom safe. Rooms in other, more pricey wings do have, I understand. Checking prices recently, find it overpriced.

Stayed at Eastiny Bella Vista & found it a very friendly, relaxing place. Very small breakfast buffet with eggs & meat to order. Very enjoyable. No inroom safe, but safeboxes behind reception available 24 hours. so no issue. Security takes ID, but no joiner fee. Again, checking prices recently, overpriced.

Locations of both hotels good. Couple of GG's & plenty beer bars in immediate area. Short walk to BR baht bus to WS & easy walk to Soi 6.

CHEERS!

As above, any of the Flipper or Eastiny group. I used to stay at Eastiny 7 a lot until I migrated to the soi Buakhow/LK Metro area.

Both groups are girl freindly but Eastiny doesn't like LBs, in case that may be an issue for you!!!!

I've never been in Bella Vista but barfined a soi7 girl last trip and she reccommended it, says its really nice and good value. I think she's probably seen every hotel room on the soi so knows what shes talking about!!!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Flipper was full last time a turned up at their reception..... So I went to Pattaya Queen, much cheaper, seriously in need of redecorating but decent pool and girlfriend thought it was ok

The Queen was seriously in need of redecorating when I stayed there 20 years ago!

Flipper was full last time a turned up at their reception..... So I went to Pattaya Queen, much cheaper, seriously in need of redecorating but decent pool and girlfriend thought it was ok

May I ask, how was the price of  standard room? They also have a king size bed size? The price is somewhere around 900 BHT?

Tweet Tweet is the best one I have stayed in around this area.Previously stayed at Flipper Lodge, Flipper House, New Eastiny Plaza, Punyapha Place (on 2nd Rd between soi 7+8.)IMO they are all a tad overpriced now. 

Stayed at Flipper House in March but never used the pool and the curtains didn't block out enough light in the daytime.No free Wi-fi and tv and bathroom needs updating.Shit balcony that can't be used for sitting out on.No ladys under 20 allowed.Decent staff though and good location.

Sun Shine hotel and residence. I stayed there last November and it is a great place, No joiner fee, friendly staff and everything you need right there in front of you. 

I stayed @ Flipper Lodge Soi 8 for a few weeks. Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Must have been plenty of mongers staying there because Security desk was very busy checking/returning TG's ID. Had registered for 2 & had TGF with me entire time., so cannot speak to joiner fee (don't think there was one). I was in the least expensive wing where rooms had no inroom safe. Rooms in other, more pricey wings do have, I understand. Checking prices recently, find it overpriced.

Stayed at Eastiny Bella Vista & found it a very friendly, relaxing place. Very small breakfast buffet with eggs & meat to order. Very enjoyable. No inroom safe, but safeboxes behind reception available 24 hours. so no issue. Security takes ID, but no joiner fee. Again, checking prices recently, overpriced.

Locations of both Hotels good. Couple of GG's & plenty beer bars in immediate area. Short walk to BR baht bus to WS & easy walk to Soi 6.

CHEERS!

In November there wasn't 24 hour access to the safebox.  I think the cutoff point was midnight.

Anyone no the difference in building A and B in flipper lodge ie which is the better building??

Last trip we stayed at flipper house thought it was good, pool was nice, rooms where ok and clean. Location perfect easy to get to both Soi 6 and WS as you can easily find baht buses on BR which is about a 2min walk

November - book 3 nights then check around. Its still low season except for 19th Loy Kratong.

Flipper seems OK. Had breakfast there when I was staying View Talay 6 next to the Hilton.

November - book 3 nights then check around. Its still low season except for 19th Loy Kratong.

Flipper seems OK. Had breakfast there when I was staying View Talay 6 next to the Hilton.

LRanger Are you sure Loy Krathong date of November 19? I think it will be in the range of days one of the 24 to 26 November

LRanger Are you sure Loy Krathong date of November 19? I think it will be in the range of days one of the 24 to 26 November

According to this:

http://boomboomme.com/resources/holidays/thailand/

25th November this year.

According to this:

http://boomboomme.com/resources/holidays/thailand/

25th November this year.

Yes :Agree1:  Thanks for the confirmation, while I apologize for hijacking threads.

No.

• 1 month later...

As above, any of the Flipper or Eastiny group. I used to stay at Eastiny 7 a lot until I migrated to the soi Buakhow/LK Metro area.

Both groups are girl freindly but Eastiny doesn't like LBs, in case that may be an issue for you!!!!

I've never been in Bella Vista but barfined a soi7 girl last trip and she reccommended it, says its really nice and good value. I think she's probably seen every hotel room on the soi so knows what shes talking about!!!

how was the eastiny seven would u recommend it? Pool, comfortable beds????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunshine hotel and residence was good when I stayed there about 2 years ago, breakfast a little overpriced I had a pool view room top floor, very quiet.

D.

Archived