IGNORED

Good food near WS and soi 6

Hey guys,

I will be flying to Pattaya on June 18 and will be staying near WS.My afternoons prolly will be spent at Soi 6 and the nights at WS.

Is there any nice places to have thai/farang food in Soi6 and ws?I am scared to eat from street carts which serve thai food cos

I dont speak thai and woudnt know what to order.But I had a shawarma/kebab in the middle of the night from a cart in ws and it tasted pretty good

Some places which a meal costs about 150 - 200 baht would be fine with me.Places which have decent seating,ac and easy to find.( I am horrible with roads even in my motherland and Thailand is very confusing with so many sois)

seafood/poultry/pork/beef  - for lunch and dinner

I want to try some thai dishes like thai basil chicken,tom yam,som tam,steamed fish with thai chilie sauce,pad thai

Any recommendations would be great

Both places are close to Central Festival Mall which has tons of restaurants that serve Thai food or any kind of other food you might want. I wouldn't be scared of the street carts because they are used to dealing with people who can't speak Thai. Just point at what you want and how much and they will tell you, very simple. A lot of the times the carts already have the prices posted in English. I'll take good food off a street cart any day rather than eat in a restaurant where you pay a lot more for mostly worse quality food. There are exceptions of course.

As above head for the food hall ground floor at central shopping mall,buy a swipe card for 500 baht then walk round,no need to speak thai,if you want it just point to it,anything left on the card will be refunded on way out. On Soi 6 try the Queen vic,for english style food,but do thai food also,most dishes over 200b though. Nearer WS there`s fra pattaya on south pattaya road,before Walking Street for thai food.or try Pattaya Beer Garden open from 10.00-0200 before entrance to WS.Western and Thai food.

If you're in a bar on Soi 6, get the girls to help you order from one of the mobile vendors, most are more than happy to help and you'll have something to talk about for a bit.

And buy them some food too as thanks, while youre at it. Costs fuck all but gets you lots of plus point with them.

For me:

- soi 6: basically Queen victoria, also I like the Italian restaurant on 2nd road just across soi entrance.

- WS: the Italian restaurant facing Fahrenheit have cracking imported pasta, tried newyork beside ibar last trip and they serve decent food, also Secrets is very good if you dont mind having 2-3 dancers staring at you while you're stuffing your face.

That being said; the best eateries aren't located at both streets. LK Metro, soi Diana & soi 13 have better options imo.

For me:

- soi 6: basically queen victoria, also I like the Italian restaurant on 2nd road just across soi entrance.

- WS: the Italian restaurant facing Fahrenheit have cracking imported pasta, tried newyork beside ibar last trip and they serve decent food, also secrets is very good if you dont mind having 2-3 dancers staring at you while you're stuffing your face.

That being said; the best eateries aren't located at both streets. LK metro, soi Diana & soi 13 have better options imo.

how far/how to go to those places?and what are the best places?

Both places are close to Central Festival Mall which has tons of restaurants that serve Thai food or any kind of other food you might want. I wouldn't be scared of the street carts because they are used to dealing with people who can't speak Thai. Just point at what you want and how much and they will tell you, very simple. A lot of the times the carts already have the prices posted in English. I'll take good food off a street cart any day rather than eat in a restaurant where you pay a lot more for mostly worse quality food. There are exceptions of course.

what are the best street carts?and can u sit and enjoy a meal?

As above head for the food hall ground floor at central shopping mall,buy a swipe card for 500 baht then walk round,no need to speak thai,if you want it just point to it,anything left on the card will be refunded on way out. On soi 6 try the queen vic,for english style food,but do thai food also,most dishes over 200b though. Nearer WS there`s fra pattaya on south pattaya road,before walking street for thai food.or try Pattaya Beer Garden open from 10.00-0200 before entrance to WS.Western and Thai food.

Central shopping mall is near Soi 6?

Pattaya beer garden was mediocre for me - I didnt much like the roast chicken

Iv heard lots of good things about Queen vic - what are the best dishes?

If you're in a bar on soi 6, get the girls to help you order from one of the mobile vendors, most are more than happy to help and you'll have something to talk about for a bit.

And buy them some food too as thanks, while youre at it. Costs fuck all but gets you lots of plus point with them.

Thats no problem,I can allow then to order and pay.I only hope that they dont eat a som tam and kiss me

Thats no problem,I can allow then to order and pay.I only hope that they dont eat a som tam and kiss me

Kiss, no pomplem. BJ, though, you may want to hold off for a little while :wink:

But yeah, that's what I mean. Send one off with a hundred or two (depending on type of food, of course, but just reading the prices is usually easy enough) and tell them to buy food for all of it.

Oh, and the place on your left when you get down to Beach Road isn't too bad. Not fancy in any way, but cheap-ish and at least the thai food is all right. In high season it's packed with cheap "normal" tourists, so often I just give up on it before I've even ordered anything. But it shouldn't be too bad now.

At the bottom of Soi 6 , the Discovery Beach hotel have a restaurant on Beach Road , very nice Thai food

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Kiss, no pomplem. BJ, though, you may want to hold off for a little while :wink:

But yeah, that's what I mean. Send one off with a hundred or two (depending on type of food, of course, but just reading the prices is usually easy enough) and tell them to buy food for all of it.

Oh, and the place on your left when you get down to Beach Road isn't too bad. Not fancy in any way, but cheap-ish and at least the thai food is all right. In high season it's packed with cheap "normal" tourists, so often I just give up on it before I've even ordered anything. But it shouldn't be too bad now.

hahha,a girl kissed me at Cassanovy and she smelled so much of som tam,I was almost gna puke.went to 7 - 11 and ate dozens of candy.urghhh

you mean those carts in beach road? I woudnt know what to order and are there places to sit?

Central festival mall is in between soi 9 and 8 you past on the baht bus to Soi 6.

Kiss Food on Second Road is large, I think on Corner of Soi 13. Red curry there is decent. Baywatch near Walking Street on Beach Road is good as someone has said. But I agree with those that have said try street carts, some of the best food to be had I think. After 7pm there are a bunch of carts opposite on Soi 10, second road end, where Page 10 hotel is. The guy there has ribs baked in a kiln. They're great. If you're there next week PM me and I'll show you. 

Beer Garden, located just where WS begins, is my favourite restaurant in Patts. Good food, a nice vibe and the prices are ok.

Had dinner at Mama's on Soi 6 a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. Had the Penang Curry wth chicken...have read other BMs saying their pizza is pretty good. 

you mean those carts in beach road? I woudnt know what to order and are there places to sit?

No, I meant a real restaurant all right. And looking at Google maps, it seems it actually has a name too (Stone Oven). I'll be damned.

Re-reading your original query, it might be a little below the standard you were aiming for. But on the other hand, it's a step up from street carts and meals are priced well within the budget you gave.

Mama's is slightly better, most of all a lot cozier. But unless my memory fails me, it would be outside the budget (and you still don't get A/C).

The street carts is worth a try, you do not need to speak thai, plus some of them have pic on the dishes.

At Soi6 I have been to 3 restuarants, Queen vic,Mama, and the open resturant right on entrance on the BR, do not know the name of it, but it is hard to miss.

The one with best food and the one with best seats are mama hands down, but a little bit expensive

The open restuarant at BR is cheap and has the best location by far among this 3, but no ac of obvious reason and the food  is nothing special and it is small dishes. My other problem there is that I was there 3 times, and said every time no onion and not spicy, but every time it was spicy as hell and it was onions in it. The waitress I had was probably bad at english. seats nothing fancy directly.

Queen vic is a indoor restuarant with ac, the quality  of the food is ok but not up to mama standard. The price is something between the other 2. I think consider what you are looking for, this is the one you should go with.

--

At WS I have been to 4 resturant, the 2 first when you enter WS, P72 and some restuarant in the middle of ws with a pier over the beach. My favorit is the last one. Good food, decent price and a very good location. To bad I do not remember the name, because they all kind of blend into eachother.

I've always been happy with the food at Secrets, which is off of Walking Street.  TG who works at Baccara always suggests we go there.

Plus, you can meet BM Mr. Egg....

Re Soi 6 suggestions:

- I often grab a ham and cheese toastie from Jimmy Mac's on Soi 6 - first read of it in one of Vessey's legendary trip reports and it's a cheap quick-and-easy lunch or snack.

- be sure to see what culinary delights Skeeter is offering up in Sky Bar

- the bars in the Nightwish group often seem to put out tremendous spreads of free food (pizza, etc.), so a great place to grab a slice, a beer and a ST!

Skeeter's food is awesome but always runs out

so does the owner of Roxy's(Arab IIRC)

Secrets serves without a doubt some of the best food in Patts

The lasagna is especially top notch

What is the average price range for a meal there? 

Always be on the lookout for the small cart/restaurant places. Somewhat like a normal cart but the cooking area is usually much larger as they are not portable. This allows for a larger menu. Usually on the Soi's. Not a lot of them between beach and 2nd road however. Cheap and very good local dishes. This one I linked is on 13/2 just up from the beach and one of my usual stops in town. The Google map is older, it now has sliding glass doors in front (seating inside and out)and A/C inside.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.930323,100.878775,3a,30y,33.19h,82.24t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s77oF1y9I4f6mwWVvCWwgew!2e0

Secrets serves without a doubt some of the best food in Patts

The lasagna is especially top notch

How much for the lasagna and can I order it without onions?

Archived