IGNORED

Samran สำรา� สายสาม

สำราญ Samran

Labanoon rocked Samran, It was a fantastic success and we were full to bursting. Apart from Labanoon there was 2 other live bands and we rocked it till 3am+. A little over 290 people, the majority up on their feet dancing and not a single incident.  Our new Digital mixer showed us we should have bitten the bullet and bought it months ago, never mind its there now, even if I am still in pain at the cost. The four Chefs got a work out and I think the lass lost a couple of kilos running around all night ensuring everybody was being looked after.

We are just negotiating to bring another national band to Samran, trying to make it a 3 month cycle so watch this space.

If you have a Thai GF/Wife/ BF trust me she will reward you richly for bringing her for a night out at Samran and it will not break the bank. Last night was a concert with a renowned band, so there was a small charge, a table for 4 which included a bottle of whisky and mixers was 2,500 Baht,  so 650 Baht a head inclusive for 8 hours of live music in a safe environment. The only extras being if you ordered food, which is at local price irrespective of who you are, or if you needed more drinks.

Normally We have two live bands every night along with 6 singers, we include shows and Morlum Sing throughout the evening.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Late arrival, Stone Metal Fire Thai rock  band at Samran on the 18th this month. 1,500 Thai baht for a table of 4 including your first bottle of whisky

stone metal Fire.jpg

Thailand's number one rock guitarist 

https://youtu.be/9Ko8kj4salw

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The thread has gone really quiet.

Cerberus, do you and your good lady have anything special planned over Christmas and New Year ??

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

The thread has gone really quiet.

Cerberus, do you and your good lady have anything special planned over Christmas and New Year ??

We are looking at it now, the 30 day closure and the propensity of many mainstream Thais to continue with mourning at this time sees us in a slight dilemma. My lass would like to bring in one Thai band and one Filipino group and make a more balanced Farang/Thai musical period. She is speaking with immigration at this time so i will post the results here. 

Thanks so much for starting this thread!

I've been to places like this in BKK with a date and had a really good time. Good food, music and friendly people.

I hope the bands work out. I'll come by in the middle of December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cerberus, Many thanks for the update

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

Was out negotiating tonight, looking to have a farang band bringing soul, blues and jazz with a fusion of rock. They are a pure joy, great musicians and the Thai girls rock to them as well. I will know later this week. We want to switch our direction so intend to have both a Thai and Farang band most every night.

We truly want a fusion of Thai and western music and with the 25% off all food for the the year of mourning for King Rama 9th you will not find a better nor cheaper night out anywhere in town. We are altering the layout to make room for a dance floor as well.

Watch this space next week, we do not know if we can afford them but will give it our best shot. I hope if we pull it off we will get some support from you guys  and your ladies, I guarantee your safety, all our security a mature police. 

Thank you, I am aware that my venue may not suit any foreigners here but if it encourages some to visit then it will have been worth the effort.

I think, by you posting, it has encouraged foreigners to come.

I would love you to put up more things here, from you.

I will come and visit you soon.

I have many friends in Thailand and we often hire a mini-bus or take 2 or 3 cars that my friends own, to go to a place for fun with our lady friends/wife/gf. 

Was out negotiating tonight, looking to have a farang band bringing soul, blues and jazz with a fusion of rock. They are a pure joy, great musicians and the Thai girls rock to them as well. I will know later this week. We want to switch our direction so intend to have both a Thai and Farang band most every night.

We truly want a fusion of Thai and western music and with the 25% off all food for the the year of mourning for King Rama 9th you will not find a better nor cheaper night out anywhere in town. We are altering the layout to make room for a dance floor as well.

Watch this space next week, we do not know if we can afford them but will give it our best shot. I hope if we pull it off we will get some support from you guys  and your ladies, I guarantee your safety, all our security a mature police. 

Some pictures of the food here, please

Some pictures of the food here, please

I little story first if I may, I have not been able to sit down and eat a meal in peace this last 6 months in Samran without my lass wanting to take photos of everything i am about to eat. Two days ago she had a problem with her phone and got a new one and was transferring data over to that, during that time she came across a new word for her, "format". The question was: format now? yes/no she pressed yes! and has been suffering from PTS since and I suspect that there is no chance of recovery in the near future.

Anyway therefore pictures are limited but will get replaced this week, in the meantime here are some of the dishes she prepared tonight.

Chicken cashew.jpg

2xx.jpg

1x.jpg

Laab Moo Tort.jpg

This i do not know the name of but it's crab is a type of sushie sauce, somewhat spicy but bloody delicious.

3xx.jpg

And people wonder why I have put on a bit of weight recently  :Evil_Grin2:

DF Chicken with herbs.jpg

kung ratpriksod.jpg

Raw shrimp with fish sauce.jpg

Crab salad with mango.jpg

Crab salad with mango.jpg

I think, by you posting, it has encouraged foreigners to come.

I would love you to put up more things here, from you.

I will come and visit you soon.

I have many friends in Thailand and we often hire a mini-bus or take 2 or 3 cars that my friends own, to go to a place for fun with our lady friends/wife/gf. 

Well the lass has truly gone way out on a limb and secured the Band; "The Inner Soul". Which was formed by members of the band that put Candy Shop on the map. This is truly a top band,  initially they will be playing Thursday thru Sunday every week from 8.30pm to 11pm. They will be followed by a new up and coming Thai band who will play thru to the finish at 3am.

I cannot stress enough how good this band is, as those that have heard them will testify. At present they play at different venues, Marriott, Hilton, the Havana Bar at  the Holiday Inn. However they have been looking for a base and although there was no way the lass could afford them full time, I managed to get them to agree to 4 days a week initially with the option of full time within a given time period.

I hope guys and their Thai partners/families/TGs will give her a chance by coming down and showing her a little support whilst making your own minds up about the Band. For an educated foreigner with far more business experience what she is doing here would be a major challenge. For a simple Thai rural girl to put so much on the line takes real cojones.

If you add in that she is offering 25% off all food for the complete year of mourning for the late King Rama 9th as her own sign of respect I think she deserves some support. At present she is terrified but determined to follow it through. Of course you can say she has me as a fallback position but whatever, this is her own capital she is putting at risk and stands to lose. 

There is no cover charge so for you it's a win win situation, great night out excellent food at price point that cannot be beat, in a safe environment. All of her security are Aux Police connected directly by radio and we do not have any Thai teeny gangs in the place.

Inner Soul do have some engagements they must fulfil in these first 4 weeks, so some weeks they will be playing Wednesday thru to Sunday and missing Saturday but I will publish all such here. On such days we will have a second Thai band.

COME SHOW MY LASS SOME LUV GUYS.................. Night of the 21st Forward.

Innersoul.jpg                                               

How far north of Pattaya Klang is this place?

Travelling north from Pattaya Klang there is a large undeveloped area on your left and Samran is opposite that area, 100 metres short of the only other traffic lights  before those at North road, and adjacent to the Korean Business club 

• 2 weeks later...

Well the deals done; 

INNER SOUL  Will be featuring at Samran from this Wednesday 4 nights a week, to start with

english.jpg

The band will be covering such as Reggae, Rhythm & Blues, Motown, Top 40 amongst other stuff

On Trombone we have;

Macbone.jpg

With a solid bass brother from Jamaica  

Lenky.jpg

They are supported by a mean drummer

Neb.jpg

And to add some cool keyboard with a voice to go with it

Chico Mendoza.jpg

With main vocals supplied by the gorgeous Marina

Marina.jpg

8.30pm till 11pm starting Wednesday through Sunday, (Not Saturday this week due to a prior booking before contracts were signed)

For late dwellers we then have our resident Thai Band playing through till 3am

Great food, excellent prices, no cover charge live bands,  security by professionals.

Why pay more to relax and enjoy a great night out when its all there at Samran. Groups or parties?  we will give you the best deal in town just drop by and speak to mine host Wassana, (be nice though  :Evil_Grin2:  that's my wife)

Do not know if you were there but what a great night, if you were, thank you. I know you had a great night and it was still going full pelt when I left . If you were not there, why not? :Evil_Grin2:  A great night out and a great price point you cannot better, fraction of the price of WS and twice the fun.

20161229014401.jpg

More fun.jpg

Yep I am wasted, but what a terrific night. Came back from the Den and stopped off to help the lass. We have a fantastic wine  so cheap i did not not know how  to contain myself. INNER SOUL did not help :Evil_Grin2:  and I am now well  on my way to dream land. Come see us soon, this music you will not find anywhere else in Pattaya and the rest is cheap as chips, Gonna crash now as i am truly wasted.

Looking forward to going to a Thai night out. Thanks Jim

Hey Everybody This week you can party with Inner Soul at the SAMRAN Live Music Lounge. Tonight and  Friday ......The show starts at 8:30 and anyone that 'Checks In' on Facebook before 9 pm will receive a 10% discount on their bill! Great Food in a Relaxed Atmosphere with Reasonable Drink Prices, away from the hassle of Walking Street!!!!

After this Inner Soul will be beating it out Thursday through Sunday every week, along with our own Thai band that gets the girls up dancing.

samran2.jpg

Inner Soul will be lining it up from 8.30pm tonight, truly great music. Come on down and join us, we do excellent food and fantastic prices and when Inner Soul leave the stage  with the place jumping, Samran Band come on and takes over getting you up on your feet till gone 3am

Archived