IGNORED

Samran สำรา� สายสาม

สำราญ Samran

Sat in Samran listening to the warm up band for Carabao ... There's some great music being played in a great place ... Many thanks .

Cheers, table 42

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi sandmike, it was good putting a face to the name, thank you for your support. We are still going strong down here and doubt we will finish much before 4am. Carabao usually play to thousands but they loved being close and personal tonight and their music showed that. 300+ fans dancing their heart out and not a singe incident throughout the night. It was great to see so many foreigners here as well. I will get some pictures and vids up in the next day or two.

Its been a great night and one which we will try to repeat in the New Year

What a great event this was.  I feel lucky to have spotted this thread weeks ago.  Cerberus pulled a real coup.

Carabao started at about 11 PM and we had to leave at 1 AM.  Carabao never took a break during that time.  They just kept banging one Thai hit after another.

Ordered food also and it was perfect.  For some reason Thai food always taste better in Thailand.  I think too many Thai go abroad and think they can cook  good Thai food just because they are Thai.

My table (20) was a little too far back for cellphone videos so I look forward to links to share with friends back in boring land.

What a great event this was.  I feel lucky to have spotted this thread weeks ago.  Cerberus pulled a real coup.

Carabao started at about 11 PM and we had to leave at 1 AM.  Carabao never took a break during that time.  They just kept banging one Thai hit after another.

Ordered food also and it was perfect.  For some reason Thai food always taste better in Thailand.  I think too many Thai go abroad and think they can cook  good Thai food just because they are Thai.

My table (20) was a little too far back for cellphone videos so I look forward to links to share with friends back in boring land.

In the New year they will be playing to 20,000 +  along with Santana,  It was not easy getting them for such a small venue as ours but so worth it. In the past few weeks I have questioned our decision many times but so glad we stuck with it. They expressed themselves how much fun it was to be up close and personal with the fans, bloody hell in touching distance and not a single incident. 

It was fantastic to see that almost 30% of those attending were foreigners who rocked it along with the Thais. My apologies to those I had to decline a drink from, :hello09:  but I was working  :Evil_Grin2:

Heres a few pics from the phone;

A break before the storm;

9car.jpg

1car.jpg

2car.jpg

3car.jpg

4car.jpg

5car.jpg

Black devils came out to join in, somewhat appropriate I think  :Evil_Grin2:

6car.jpg

7car.jpg

10car.jpg

11car.jpg

12car.jpg

13car.jpg

What a great night, music was excellent, the crowd were all in good humour, and the food and drink service was very good. A pleasure to meet you Cerberus, and thanks for a memorable night.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mum Aroi is quite well known here, especially by those likely to venture away from the popular farang areas and explore a little.

Good idea to make yourself known here, now all you have to consider is whether you'll give 10% discount to PA cardholders.   :GoldenSmile1:

Re' the Business Owners section, you may have run into this :-

5. Posting of spam is prohibited and posters of such information will be banned immediately. Legitimate advertising will be allowed by members who identify themselves to PA staff provided that they agree to post their advertising in the proper areas. Legitimate business owners may contact any of the Administrators or Moderators for posting permissions for these areas.

If their is no markup for foreigners then there is already more than a 10% discount built in surely?

Thank you again, I will contact an admin.    Discount Mmm, I will have to consult my partner but if it was any cheaper it would be free already  :Hello1:

Yeah you would have to give Thais the 10% discount also!

However you may get high publicity for being the only business in Thailand that charges foreigners less than Thais but then you would lose Thai business.

EDIT: I made the above comments after reading the first section and I see now that Samran is likely Cerberus and that you have had some great concerts and patronage since. Well done. I have a dream one day to do a classy Jazz/Blues club in BKK or patts.  You are living the dream Cerberus! 

Just to clarify charges, there is but one menu, it can be seen in English and Thai with clear pictures of every dish. We also have  menus in other Asian languages that we give to those that need them. All are priced the same, any promotion is applicable to all patrones irrespective of race, colour or creed.

In the case of concerts when an admission charge may be  required to help meet the cost, that is then the price, we decided right at the beginning that we would not have a inflated price menu for concerts, nor increase the price of drinks or mixers. My lass who owns and runs Samran hates dual pricing.

Giving any one group a discount purely due to their race or their belonging to a particular club is not acceptable to her. She will negotiate on benefits for a large group, such as birthday parties, staff parties etc. but that is done strictly on their requirements and budget.

We would like to see more mixed race couples/groups and that is increasing slowly. The two bands are learning some English songs and we are negotiating to bring in a Philippine band later this year. Samran is not for everybody but it is an excellent live music venue with great Thai food reasonably priced. It is also safe, we do not allow groups of young Thai guys on their own access.  All our security are mature men well trained and we have yet to have an incident, indeed their biggest job is ensuring that those that have drunk to much get home safety. 

Thai ladies love coming out, both to eat and dance but are always accompanied by male friends/partners.  Whilst we are not a place to come and find/rent female company, you will be welcome and taken care of though. If you are in Samran and need help merely ask for my lass, alternatively if I am there ask me. 

just got back from a great evening at samran saisam . great atmosphere , good tasty food . very enjoyable night . 

cerberus thank you for your hospitality it was a pleasure to meet you and your good lady . 

your staff were a credit to you they looked after us so well . 

recommended for sure   :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On regular week days, what time will the band start playing?

At present live music starts at 9pm daily and plays to 3.30am. In addition on the 26th or March 2016 we have a secured Labanoon Live in concert from 11.30pm till 1.30ish. Live music that day will start at 8pm.

• 2 weeks later...

A few pictures from last night, which for a Sunday night was great. The lass has the right mix now and we have been auditioning for a new band which has been fun as well.  The infamous evilpenevil did an unannounced visit to review the restaurant side of things which set hearts a flutter, fortunately in his review he gave us a top rating for food, value and service :Evil_Grin2:  Will get a video up later.

samran1.jpg

samran2.jpg

samran 3.jpg

samran 4.jpg

smaran 5.jpg

You get Jintala in there and my missus will be your Mia Noi.And probably pay you.

You get Jintala in there and my missus will be your Mia Noi.And probably pay you.

Skalliwag the payment would be immaterial :laugh:  the slightest hint of a Gik let alone a Mia Noi would see my swift demise :Evil_Grin2: . Having said that Jintala is far from cheap and therefore beyond what a club of our size could cater for, the tickets would be to expensive.  We have Labanoon on the 26th of this month and even there we expect to break even at best. (But I will inquire 555)

A few pictures from last night, which for a Sunday night was great. The lass has the right mix now and we have been auditioning for a new band which has been fun as well.  The infamous evilpenevil did an unannounced visit to review the restaurant side of things which set hearts a flutter, fortunately in his review he gave us a top rating for food, value and service :Evil_Grin2:  Will get a video up later.

attachicon.gifsamran1.jpg

attachicon.gifsamran2.jpg

attachicon.gifsamran 3.jpg

attachicon.gifsamran 4.jpg

attachicon.gifsmaran 5.jpg

Second pic down,far left,Gold dress.What the?

Second pic down,far left,Gold dress.What the?

Ladyboy entertainer, friend of my lass so dropped by on her day off to help out as meet and greet.  Great girl had people in stitches and got the party going all by herself. Come on Skalliway your suppose to be a old-hand, she normally does Molam Sing. Glad to note you are taking notice though  :Evil_Grin2:

Ladyboy entertainer, friend of my lass so dropped by on her day off to help out as meet and greet.  Great girl had people in stitches and got the party going all by herself. Come on Skalliway your suppose to be a old-hand, she normally does Molam Sing. Glad to note you are taking notice though  :Evil_Grin2:

Oh I'm looking at everything now.got my eye on ya.

I think I know the person in question,yes,but please ask her if she used to work at the old Exzyte Disco,and if she says yes,I will really blow your mind.

Oh I'm looking at everything now.got my eye on ya.

I think I know the person in question,yes,but please ask her if she used to work at the old Exzyte Disco,and if she says yes,I will really blow your mind.

Love an intrigue so here you go;

molam sing.jpg

molam.jpg

Hmmm,man,it's been over 10 years now.

Could be.Have to ask the missus.

Disclaimer.I will save the pic and then show her,not the forum.lolol.

Well there was a shock, Carabao  just contacted my lass and said they so enjoyed playing at Samran that they would like to find a way for us to set it up again. Watch this space  :Evil_Grin2:

Whilst here I might as well post the pictures of a few of the dishes foreigners have ordered with us recently  :Clap1:

DF Chicken with herbs.jpg

Fried Chicken with herbs

somtam tad.jpg

Somtam Tad

Raw shrimp with fish sauce.jpg

Raw Shrimp with fish sauce

deap fried sea bass with herbs.jpg

Fried Sea Bass with crispy herbs

Crab salad with mango.jpg

Crab Salad with Mango

grilled pork salad.jpg

Grilled Pork

seafood fried rice.jpg

Seafood Fried Rice

kung ratpriksod.jpg

Kung Ratpriksod

yamtua po.jpg

Yamtua Po

stir fried squid with salt egg.jpg

Stir fried Squid with salt egg

chicken cashew.jpg

Chicken with cashew nuts

Looks great mate.

And that's fantastic new about Big C wanting to come back and play your club.Speaks volumes.

Just a heads up though.

If Carabao has a new bass player that happens to be a large black American fellow.

You may want to contact Ronbo.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great mate.

And that's fantastic new about Big C wanting to come back and play your club.Speaks volumes.

Just a heads up though.

If Carabao has a new bass player that happens to be a large black American fellow.

You may want to contact Ronbo.

Have several big black American guys wanting to come and do a nightly guest session  :Evil_Grin2:  Things are picking up and we are at last seeing an increase in numbers of non-Thais. Last nights mix was 40/60 with Thais still in the majority, only just though  :Welcome: . It was truly great to see them all embrace the evening and get up dancing with all the others at their table, some of them were even singing along in Thai.  :Clap1: Some new singers we have brought in have a wider repertoire of English language songs. 

I will post some pictures later and by popular demand we are getting set up to include some Thai Mo-lum.  We are very much fun and family orientated, dedicated to providing an entertaining and safe night out. So if you have never been to a Thai style club drop by and see us, the most dangerous thing here is my lass if she feels her customers are not being looked after. (Well she scare me  :Whistle: )

Well tonight the lass has Labanoon booked, she started marketing it seriously about two weeks ago and at close of play last night we were three quarters booked with deposits or full payment. I have been holding my breath but its appears that I did not need to, as now she has a full house. 

These bands are very expensive so usually small places such as ours, (we only hold a maximum of about 300 on a concert night), can seldom afford them. Having said that this is her 4th concert and two of the previous bands have made it known that they would like to return and will adjust their costs to help us do so. 

This has not been an easy road for her but she has smiled throughout the difficult times so as to keep the staff motivated, despite a few tears she has kept on pushing and at last can feel the sun on her back again. Its been a dark journey she has had to walk, however I can see the growth in her. :Evil_Grin2:

She set out to have a live music venue with great Thai food where anyone could come and be welcome and not feel intimidated, she is almost there  :hello09: for those of you that have helped her along the way by coming and joining us for an evening I say thank you. To those of you that have yet to do so I say, step outside your comfort zone and give your Thai lady a night that will have her up dancing. By doing so you will also be helping to squash the old saying about needing a large fortune to end with a small one.  If my lass with no formal education in her younger years can get up and do it  then it proves anyone can, if they are willing to work hard and make a few sacrifices.  

Hope to see more of you in the coming months, thanks again to those that have helped her along this road of discovery. 

Archived