Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bank document for retirement visa

soi23

I was at Jomtien immigration Friday and asked if I can convert a tourist visa to a non immigrant O for the purpose of retirement at Jomtien. The answer I got was "yes, can do". Now when I go back next month to do it, we'll see if it really happens. I'll report back either way.

I was at Jomtien immigration Friday and asked if I can convert a tourist visa to a non immigrant O for the purpose of retirement at Jomtien. The answer I got was "yes, can do". Now when I go back next month to do it, we'll see if it really happens. I'll report back either way.

Hope to hear back from you ,,, will probably be doing the same thing in Bangkok ,November.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

You should ask him to make a report on ThaiVisa then,

I would take anything I read on Thai Visa with a "grain of salt".  

I would take anything I read on Thai Visa with a "grain of salt".  

Why?  There are certain high profile posters, such as ubonjoe and mario, who provide a lot of accurate, up to date info.  There are also some knobs, but it's easy to spot them.

Bad advice. You cannot get a Retirement Visa at Jomtien Immigration !

Best way for the OP is to get a 3-months "single Non-O Visa" in USA

and to get a 1-year Extension for Reason of Retirement in Jomtien.

The Embassy Letter (proof of revenues) or Bank Letter (proof of 800k in Thailand) is up to the OP.

what is the category for the 3 moth non-O visa in the U.S.? what documentation do you need?

I confused about this because the thai consulate website lists only the following:

F

To perform official duties.  In addition to the requirements set forth above, applicants for an F visa must provide a letter of invitation on official letterhead stating the objective of the visit

B

To work (single entry only) or to conduct business.  In addition to the requirements above, applicants for a B visa must provide the following:

(1)  Foreigners who wish to conduct business in Thailand must provide the following documents:

· Letter from applicant’s company indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit(s) to Thailand

· Letter of invitation from trading or associated partners/ companies in Thailand

. Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand

(2) Foreigners who wish to work as teachers in Thailand (single entry only) must provide the following documents:

· Letter of acceptance from employing institute/school in Thailand

· Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certification

· School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile

· Applicant’s resume

· Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorized agencies in applicant’s country 

Additional Information:

· Applicant’s family members (i.e. spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old) are eligible to apply for a Non-immigrant Visa (category “O”) and will be          allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year. The documents required are following:

- Proof of relationship with applicant such as marriage certificate or birth certificate.

- A copy of applicant’s passport and a copy of a valid Thai visa or valid work permit.

ED

To study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour, to participate in projects or seminar, to attend a conference or training course, to study as a             foreign Buddhist monk.  In addition to the requirements above, applicants for an ED visa must provide the following:

(1) Foreigners who wish to study in Thailand must provide the following documents: 

· Letter of acceptance from the concerned schools/ universities or institutes 

· School license or business registration

(2) Foreigners who wish to participate in projects or seminar, to attend a conference or training course in Thailand must provide the following documents: 

· Letter from applicant’s company indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit(s) to Thailand 

· Letter of invitation or acceptance from the concerned companies/ organizations or institutes with business registration or business license 

M

To work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter.  Applicants for an M visa must seek approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand

R

To perform missionary work or other religious activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned.  Applicants for an R visa must seek approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand

RS

To conduct scientific research or training or teaching in research institute. Applicants for an RS visa must also provide a letter of invitation from the concerned research institutes with the institute business registration or business license 

O

Other activities as follows: To stay with the family, perform duties for a state enterprise or social welfare organizations (single entry only for volunteer work), to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.

(1) In addition to the requirements set forth above, foreigners who wish to stay with family in Thailand must provide the following documents:

· If you are a former Thai citizen, proof of Thai citizenship such as Thai passport, Thai identification card, Thai house register or Thai birth certificate

· If you want to visit as a spouse or family member (son or daughter), proof of relationship such as a copy of marriage license or birth certificate with a proof that your spouse or family member is a Thai citizen

(2) Foreigners who wish to perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations (single entry only for volunteer work), to receive medical treatment in Thailand, must provide the following documents in addition to the requirements set forth above:

· Letter of invitation or acceptance from the concerned companies/ organizations or institutes with business registration or business license

(3) Foreigners who wish to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process in Thailand must provide the following documents in addition to the requirements set forth above:

· Letter of invitation or acceptance from the Thai Government or concern organizations.

Hi. Don't know for the USA precisely, but non-O is for "others reason"

and one of the commonly accepted reasons is being over 50 and wanted a non-O

to go in Thailand and get there a 1-year Extension for Retirement reason.

This kind of non-O can even been obtained in some nearby countries, like Vientiane for Laos.

dont forget your money has to be in a thai bank for 2 months for te first one and 5 months for susequent extensions

3 months for renewals.

I am transferring my 800,000 bt to my K bank account ,, can I use the document from that transfer,send to LA consulate for my retirement visa or will the bank book have to be shown with that amount in it ,?????

It has to be in K bank for 3 Months with that amount. The bank will give you a letter confirming this if you ask them. And yes, it's required for immigration to see your bank book.

It has to be in K bank for 3 Months with that amount. The bank will give you a letter confirming this if you ask them. And yes, it's required for immigration to see your bank book.

pretty sure they want copy's of it as well

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

pretty sure they want copy's of it as well

they want a copy of the acc number and name page and also the balance page. the letter from the bank and the coppies have to be made on the same day as application now .mine was done the day previous to application and had to re do so please   beware

they want a copy of the acc number and name page and also the balance page. the letter from the bank and the coppies have to be made on the same day as application now .mine was done the day previous to application and had to re do so please   beware

Thanks for that tip, I'll be renewing my annual visa next month, so good to know this.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya (and many other immigration offices) can no more convert a Visa Exemption or a Tourist Visa into a non-O visa :(.

A friend just got his non-o retirement in Jomtien on a visa waiver......

Hi. Yet another report on ThaiVisa that confirms "Jomtien still CAN NOT do the conversion to Non-O"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815456-issuing-non-o-visa-at-jomtien-immigration/?p=9512751

The application & passport can be send to Bangkok but it will take 2-3 weeks...

The above is correct, same day for both the letter and the bank book which must also have been updated on that day. Even when you have assembled everything according to requirements one extra thing will always be required, for us this year it was photocopy of the pages with multiple re-entry stamps on. Not a problem as the lass had made a copy of every page so merely went through the file found them had me sign them, in and out in 10 minutes.

Not my experience or the experience of the other Americans I know.

You can either have the cash on deposit for six months and provide copies of bank book and bank letter. Have original bank book with you also.

Or

Have an income letter from the embassy. If you have the letter you do not need the cash in the bank.

Posted Image

Archived