IGNORED

Need help with a hotel near WS!

batista275

Hey guys,

I will be making my 2 trip to Pattaya on June 18,it will be just a 4 day trip.I know its short,but who would miss a chance to visit the LOS even if it was for a couple of hours

A friend of mine will join me on the trip.we are not very young(26 now..),its his virgin trip and we both like to booze,party,have fun with some beautiful thai ladies

our rough plan is to visit Soi 6 during the afternoon,stay there till about 9 pm.Then go to WS,hit a few go gos and pubs and then hit Lucifer,the MIxx and Insomnia.So a hotel should be 

Near WS,we cant be walking 2 km at 4 am.

Somewhere we can take teh Bhat bus so we can get to Soi 6 easily

A decent room preferably with wifi.a bath tub/cubicle

breakfast - dont think that we can find breakfast after 10

roughly around 1200 bhat per night

No joiner fee

Iv never visited LK Metro,so would like to give it a shot as well

Looked at a few options

April Suites - dsntv breakfast tho

http://sceneryhotelpattaya.com/accommodation.html - again no brekkie

http://sunshinepattaya.com/ - they have a chain of hotels

any of you guys know about these places?or can recommend any place?

Cheers

I like The Haven at Soi 13 near BR. Just 5 minutes walk from WS. Large bathrooms with shower, swimmingpool and a great restaurant. Breakfast is not included in room price but there is a nice breakfast buffet down the road towards Second Road at 150 baht.

I will be stayin at The Haven for the fourth time on my upcoming trip in July.

http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/

Check the hotels around soi 12/13 then your in between both places and Dynasty Inn ,page 10 Lek hotel many places really,If you want closer to WS then honey lodge or BM hamlek`s guesthouse on WS itself.

I saw a new place on Agoda,I think it is next to the Grand & opposite Secrets.Its called W14,they have a Facebook page if you google them.Brand new with rooftop pool,a bit pricey for me now I'm used to more basic places,but it looks tempting I must admit.I stayed at the Grand before and was better than I thought it would be.Quite enjoyed staying on Walking Street for the convenience.

Sunshine hotel and residence on soi 8 has 3 pools, free wifi and no joiner fee, it's a good enough location, baht bus to Walking Street only 10 bahts, Iv never eaten breakfast there tho so can't comment, this hotel has 2 buildings, the new building is where I usually stay, standard and superior rooms are good, no bath tub. Central is next door on soi 9 so walkable for food, cinema, bowling and shopping

thanks a lot guy,btw does the Baht bus operate 24 x 7?

I like The Haven at Soi 13 near BR. Just 5 minutes walk from WS. Large bathrooms with shower, swimmingpool and a great restaurant. Breakfast is not included in room price but there is a nice breakfast buffet down the road towards Second Road at 150 baht.

I will be stayin at The Haven for the fourth time on my upcoming trip in July.

http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/

unfortunately fully booked

Sunshine hotel and residence on soi 8 has 3 pools, free wifi and no joiner fee, it's a good enough location, baht bus to walking street only 10 bahts, Iv never eaten breakfast there tho so can't comment, this hotel has 2 buildings, the new building is where I usually stay, standard and superior rooms are good, no bath tub. Central is next door on soi 9 so walkable for food, cinema, bowling and shopping

how long will it take to walk to sunshine from like Insomnia?I didnt find many bhat buses at about 4 am last time

Baht buses never stop running,but there are less of them about naturally at 4 am.There`s always the option of motorbike taxi if you can`t find one just haggle about price. soi 8 to Insomnia will take you best part of 30 mins and NO way you will get a Thai girl to walk it. I would also avoid beach road at that time of morning also,no need for walking it with other options available.If it bothers you find hotel nearer WS?

Baht buses never stop running,but there are less of them about naturally at 4 am.There`s always the option of motorbike taxi if you can`t find one just haggle about price. soi 8 to insomnia will take you best part of 30 mins and NO way you will get a Thai girl to walk it. I would also avoid beach road at that time of morning also,no need for walking it with other options available.If it bothers you find hotel nearer WS?

yeah Iv found it hard to find a bhat bus early morning or they run as a taxi.Cannot ride bikes.

I was looking at sun xclusive hotel which is supposed to be near WS.http://sunxclusive.com/

has a pool,breakfast,ok rooms - but not sure about the distance to Insomnia from here

Go with the tripadvisor reports,don`t know it personally,or book three nights and have a look round the area,Loads of places to get a breakfast. Going by the map no more than 10 mins to Insomnia.good luck

Go with the tripadvisor reports,don`t know it personally,or book three nights and have a look round the area,Loads of places to get a breakfast. Going by the map no more than 10 mins to insomnia.good luck

thanks.I will book it for 2 nights

secrets

+1 on that - can't beat the location - and they have sub-1,000 Baht rooms.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

+1 on that - can't beat the location - and they have sub-1,000 Baht rooms.

was a strong choice but a bit too in the middle of action,no pool and no breakfast

was a strong choice but a bit too in the middle of action,no pool and no breakfast

They don't have a pool but they do have a 24/7 kitchen, food is pretty good there.

................................................................................................................

You can't beat the WS proximity with Secrets - great when you have a boner for the girl you've just picked up - and no annoying and dangerous bike taxi ride anywhere.

My tip for breakfast (brunch really TBH) - the Beer Garden - mmmm.  Som tam, thai omelette, maybe a pork dish of some sort, a double or triple espresso, mango slushy - enjoying the ocean and the breeze - ahhhhh, gets the day going right.  No need for food until dinner.

Not a ding against Secrets kitchen - I just prefer the ocean view and the rest of it.  Also, good to stretch the legs a bit.

Also, a pool?  You're from Sri Lanka - don't you have pools and beaches there?  I have a pool in my backyard, that's way down my list of reqs when in Thailand, actually, not even on my list.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

You can't beat the WS proximity with Secrets - great when you have a boner for the girl you've just picked up - and no annoying and dangerous bike taxi ride anywhere.

My tip for breakfast (brunch really TBH) - the Beer Garden - mmmm.  Som tam, thai omelette, maybe a pork dish of some sort, a double or triple espresso, mango slushy - enjoying the ocean and the breeze - ahhhhh, gets the day going right.  No need for food until dinner.

Not a ding against Secrets kitchen - I just prefer the ocean view and the rest of it.  Also, good to stretch the legs a bit.

Also, a pool?  You're from Sri Lanka - don't you have pools and beaches there?  I have a pool in my backyard, that's way down my list of reqs when in Thailand, actually, not even on my list.

I am travelling with a friend who likes to relax in a pool.Yeah you are right we have some of the best beaches and pools

I tried a roast chicken at Beer garden and it was bland,btw can u pull off those beer garden chicks?

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked in the diamond beach hotel on soi diamond for my WS hotel later in the year.

Can anyone confirm if its girl friendly - seems to be from what I've read. Thanks.

LoL I think my balls have realised I'm going back...

I've booked in the diamond beach hotel on soi diamond for my WS hotel later in the year.

Can anyone confirm if its girl friendly - seems to be from what I've read. Thanks.

LoL I think my balls have realised I'm going back...

It is,I stayed there last time.They have a ala carte breakkie till 5pm which is a big plus

I stay at the grand hotel as I also like to go discos most nights. Have previously also alsrayed at Jason hotel and lk empress but grand hotel suite my need better

What about the noise level of some of the hotels on WS (Galaxy/secrets/etc)? I've read some reviews on TripAdvisor complaining about the noise and not being able to sleep at all. I'm also thinking of getting a place near WS on my next trip in November - was thinking about Galaxy or Secrets but can anyone shed some light on the noise issue?

If your worried about noise then have a look at Honey Lodge across the road from WS entrance and no nightlife close by.Would say Secrets better as not many late night bars on soi 14.

Archived