IGNORED

England - New Zealand Test Series

mikeyboy

England beat New Zealand at Lords by 124 runs in the first of 2 test matches .  ( does 2 tests constitute a series ? )

A truly great match , the Kiwi's will be sick at losing , after posting 523 in their first innings .

More proper exciting cricket played in this match than a whole series of India premier league rubbish .

Second test starts on friday , and i for one can't wait .

Mikeyboy

I like Stokes , he will be a player they need for years .

On the off chance of a result I decided to pop down to Lords for my annual fix of test cricket and this was a pure roller-coaster day of emotions.

The atmosphere was unbelievable and a massive improvement on the usual stuffy Lords corporate environment. When Ali took the winning catch I thought there were 50,000 in the crowd.  

If only the winning wicket was bowled by Anderson for his 400th then this would have been the perfect day

All this excitment for only £20 – bargain!!

On the off chance of a result I decided to pop down to Lords for my annual fix of test cricket and this was a pure roller-coaster day of emotions.

The atmosphere was unbelievable and a massive improvement on the usual stuffy Lords corporate environment. When Ali took the winning catch I thought there were 50,000 in the crowd.  

If only the winning wicket was bowled by Anderson for his 400th then this would have been the perfect day

All this excitment for only £20 – bargain!!

I'm jealous mate , you picked the best day of the 5 , although the entire match was never short of quality . 

Because of my work i have to make do with TV and radio commentary for my fix . Brilliant start to a huge summer of cricket , i'll look forward to you starting your usual Ashes thread .

Mikeyboy

You are late mikeyboy, should have started this earlier lol!!, fantastic test match with split sessions & days, sad that Mccullum couldn't come to the party. A pat on the back for Cook, grudgingly albeit.

I like Stokes , he will be a player they need for years .

Strange that ECB didn't think he had the skill to play WC matches.

................................................................................................................

Rain delays start of Headingley test , New Zealand inserted and Jimmy straight away joins the 400 club ,  400 test wickets that is .    NZ  2-1 

Hope the rain doesn't disrupt this match too much .

Mikeyboy

Another fab test match in the making. NZ with their noses slightly ahead IMO. Hope the rain stays away.

................................................................................................................

Hope the upcoming ashes is as interesting. I don't mind who wins as long as its a good contest.

Being in England this time I'm a bit concerned about jimmy Anderson's reverse swing, I remember last time

Another fab test match in the making. NZ with their noses slightly ahead IMO. Hope the rain stays away.

Yes Mick   ,  the draw was favourite before the match started because of rain forecast .  Such good contests that a 3rd test between these two sides would be great .

Mikeyboy

Well deserved victory for the Kiwis, shame there's no decider in the series. England have won 2 in the last 5 test matches & with Bell and Ballance out of sorts, ominous signs for the Ashes. KP anyone??

Well deserved victory for the Kiwis, shame there's no decider in the series. England have won 2 in the last 5 test matches & with Bell and Ballance out of sorts, ominous signs for the Ashes. KP anyone??

Kiwi's deserved their win today after playing some enterprising cricket throughout .    England were cooked after losing 4 wickets before lunch .

I suspect that England will not knee jerk and start dropping players , but will send Ballance , Bell and maybe others back to their countys to score some runs in 4 day stuff , prior to the ashes .

I think i have more chance of playing for England this summer than KP , Mick .

Mikeyboy

Archived